Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I want him gone as much as the next guy, but I’m not sure fans making the environment hyper-toxic for him will help us in the long run. Can’t imagine decent replacements lining up to come here if we turn the hate up to nuclear.

Still, I’m not convinced he’ll be here at the start of the season and am even less convinced that he’d otherwise make it past round 6.

I’m struggling to see this being about that we can’t afford to pay him out. If it’s $600,000 that only equates to 2000 memberships at an average of $300 per membership. He will cost us more members than that. Or looked at another way it’s only $12 per member if we have 50,000 members. Or say the difference between Hinkley and Clarkson is $1million per year - that’s only $20 per member before you even factor in the membership bounce you would get with Clarko. It can’t be about the money, it’s either spineless inept management, a direction from AFL house, or they didn’t think there was a better candidate this year to make the upheaval worthwhile
The comments about having him to attract talent is interesting too. Is this all about JHF?

That was negotiated out at his last contract extension apparently.
More brilliant decision making by the board and great leadership by the "Financial Guru"

Bloody hell is this guy a swindler!

I've read what you are saying about Hinkley wanting to leave but my personal belief is that Koch and the majority board have not changed their belief on Hinkley and they expect him to coach us to finals in 2023.

But watch that debt grow with rising interests rates and a huge drop off in memberships due to Hinkley remaining senior coach.
Exactly,10mill is a huge debt, wasn't that high under tarp years

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did you hear that the board voted 5/4 to get rid of him.
Just a rumor I heard today,that he was gone though a vote but AFL said no,then Kochi went on ch7 like it was never in debate and he was always staying which I'm pretty sure was never the case,ken was gone after showdown.

I want him gone as much as the next guy, but I’m not sure fans making the environment hyper-toxic for him will help us in the long run. Can’t imagine decent replacements lining up to come here if we turn the hate up to nuclear.

Still, I’m not convinced he’ll be here at the start of the season and am even less convinced that he’d otherwise make it past round 6.
Nah. That’s nonsense. Why would we want anyone who only wants to come because we were nice to HinKley.
That hypothetical guy can **** off already.

Whilst “Sack Hinkley” is effective in a dramatic way and media loves **** like that, it leaves the door open for media and players to say it’s disrespectful bla bla but maybe something like “Owen Ten Ken” or “10 year Ken” or “10 years and counting” or something someone can think of that’s better gets to the point of why he should be removed.

Last edited:
Just a rumor I heard today,that he was gone though a vote but AFL said no,then Kochi went on ch7 like it was never in debate and he was always staying which I'm pretty sure was never the case,ken was gone after showdown.

If that was true... They should of sacked him anyways... Announce it... Take one for the team... What's the AFL gonna do? Sack them? Reinstall hinkley?

I think this reason that players come to our club because of Hinkley is overrated.
No it's because it's a soft atmosphere where friendship, greyhound racing, and being "good humans" latest thing at Port, comes before sacrafice to win a flag and make your members and sponsors feel like winners.
It's a toxic environment for any player wanting to be the best. On the flip side Fantasia makes a good roast dinner.

Say hello to Ken Hinkley! Okay. Now, what am I bid? Hey! Now I got zero. I got zero. I got no bid here. I got zero. I'm staring at zero. Anybody wanna go higher than zero? I got zero right now. Okay, over there? No. Zero. I got nada. I got zilch. I got bupkes. I got zero. Nothing. Hey!

1660381242527.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back