Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him gone as much as the next guy, but I’m not sure fans making the environment hyper-toxic for him will help us in the long run. Can’t imagine decent replacements lining up to come here if we turn the hate up to nuclear.

Still, I’m not convinced he’ll be here at the start of the season and am even less convinced that he’d otherwise make it past round 6.
So supporters haven't given him more than a fair run at it?

If the board has voted to sack Hinkley and the AFL had blocked it, why on earth are they all not immediately resigning?

Just disgraceful that we can't even get one of them stepping down and taking a swipe at the AFL on the way out.

As others have said, I don't believe for a second it's financial. They'll lose way more revenue if they keep him than if they pay him out, that's quite obvious.

It'd be nice to have a formal list of the number of memberships that they're losing because of Hinkley, like a GoFundMe that pays on Hinkley being sacked, so the club can see how bad a decision they're making financially.

If the AFL were serious about the good health of all their member clubs and what that would mean for the equality of players in and entering the system, they’d pay down a certain % of all clubs’ debts and allow them to pay back that money at a sweetheart rate, or even interest-free.

Just allowing member clubs to bleed interest money to banks given the state of collective wealth is moronic.

It’s absolutely cool that the AFL bails out these clubs, which it then uses as a basis for controlling them while at the same time organising the fixture so those clubs languish in low-visibility spots in the schedule so they find it harder to attract sponsors and pay their way out of debt.

There may not be technical corruption in AFL, in the sense of handouts and self-dealing, but the whole thing is corrupt to the core.

I had a crack at my source per the Koch statement.

Was told there’s KPI’s and Club can use them, but Ken has discussed with Club and a resignation could happen within next 10 days. 🤞

I heard a ‘fortnight’ that we will have Jaymie Graham coming to Ports and was going to be a succession role but handover may be out of the equation now.

I only raise this positive news as we want change but it’s probably bullshit like the other 100 rumours at present and like burning a BigFooty post.
I wanted to raise your spirits during this clusterheck.

The crazy thing is that keeping Ken in this situation means the only logical thing is to extend him.

Ie they’ve backed him to take us to a flag. They’ve got ten years data to base their decision on. Ken publicly said the flag was the benchmark in 2022 but missing finals seemingly hasn’t affected his standing. This last year hasn’t affected the decision so why would next year’s? Better to have stability and avoid the constant media speculation.

Just a ridiculous situation to be in.

So what is the pass mark for Ken and Port in 2023? Finals? Top four? GF? Flag?

The crazy thing is that keeping Ken in this situation means the only logical thing is to extend him.

Ie they’ve backed him to take us to a flag. They’ve got ten years data to base their decision on. Ken publicly said the flag was the benchmark in 2022 but missing finals seemingly hasn’t affected his standing. This last year hasn’t affected the decision so why would next year’s? Better to have stability and avoid the constant media speculation.

Hinkley and koch gone is a pass mark.

Eh Jaymie Graham. Another "nice guy" coach. A little underwhelming but at least he isn't Hinkley.

Nah. That’s nonsense. Why would we want anyone who only wants to come because we were nice to HinKley.
That hypothetical guy can * off already.

So supporters haven't given him more than a fair run at it?

We’ve given him way too fair a run and I’m not saying we need to be nice to the guy, I’m just saying that if we go over the top in trying to run him out of town, it might work the other way in terms of attracting replacements or even players. I’m not talking about holding up signs at games, but if “making it as uncomfortable for him as possible” goes much further than that, it could backfire.

Something needs to be done though, so maybe we just don’t worry about what the potential next guy might think and make a statement that will make sure it doesn’t happen again long-term, like with co-captains.

Listened to the ABC Radio of the Geelong gold coast game. Primus was special comments.

I cannot believe that this man was a significantly worse, and dumber, coach than Ken. I simply cannot.

Ken's special comments would consist of 'they just need to work harder', and if he's woken up on the right side of the bed, he might add on an 'at the contest' to it.

Then Gerard Whately rushes off to the toilet to finish himself off.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Something needs to be done though, so maybe we just don’t worry about what the potential next guy might think and make a statement that will make sure it doesn’t happen again long-term, like with co-captains.

I agree generally (particularly about needing to do something) but can’t agree with the idea that we can make sure it won’t happen again. This has followed a similar trajectory as the co-captains thing, showing the admin learnt nothing from that debacle.

What strikes me is how internally arrogant we are while we are externally meek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

puke GIF by Juppi Juppsen

Our loss against the Hawks I remember standing by the players race and as Ken walked in with CD someone shouted “f*ck*n walk”. Not one of the two flinched or even looked at each other.

Ken was shaking from those first 5 games.

Moral of the story, next Saturday. Get down close to the race to let your thoughts heard by Kenny & his son, both before the game and after.

Make it hell for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If the AFL were serious about the good health of all their member clubs and what that would mean for the equality of players in and entering the system, they’d pay down a certain % of all clubs’ debts and allow them to pay back that money at a sweetheart rate, or even interest-free.

Just allowing member clubs to bleed interest money to banks given the state of collective wealth is moronic.
They'd also not burden clubs with funding a state league.

Wanting to make Ken’s life miserable in Adelaide is pretty toxic and many steps too far.

Pull your membership, sure. Complain to the board, sure. But when you start talking about mass signs at games and effectively harassing someone I really don’t see what that achieves other than putting future candidates right off the club.

At some point your energy has to turn back to supporting the boys next year to have a good crack at it. And no, that doesn’t mean you have to support Ken or be a “happy clapper”. But creating a toxic environment for everyone will do nothing for our on-field performances next year or the years after.

Wanting to make Ken’s life miserable in Adelaide is pretty toxic and many steps too far.

Pull your membership, sure. Complain to the board, sure. But when you start talking about mass signs at games and effectively harassing someone I really don’t see what that achieves other than putting future candidates right off the club.

At some point your energy has to turn back to supporting the boys next year to have a good crack at it. And no, that doesn’t mean you have to support Ken or be a “happy clapper”. But creating a toxic environment for everyone will do nothing for our on-field performances next year or the years after.
ron-swanson-no.gif

So you're answer is "do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result"?

People's energy can turn to whatever they want it to. And if they don't want to support lost causes for 12 months or longer, I don't blame them.

Screenshot_20220813-142040_Twitter.jpg

Has dad sent that cash over yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back