"Sack the Coach, Get Sheedy, This player was shit that player was shit" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was hoping you'd beat that navy blue scum tonight lads. Try not to freak out it's only round one.

Don't recommend rushing to sack the coach. You'll end up like Newcastle Utd in the Premier League, and they've been through more managers in recent times than Amy Winehouse has smoked crack and it hasn't got them anywhere...

Re: Hanging shit on the coach is predictable...

All good points TigerTank. I reckon there needs to be a shake up at the selection table to spark a few guys out of their apathy.

I feel for you guys - I mean even if the cats lose to the hawks tonight I have perspective that it is not as bad as being a Richmond supporter (HATE losing to the hawks). 5 years now, and any positive expectations, things to look forward to are shattered.

I guess it is a simple question. Name ONE reason why Wallace should coach your side. I shit you not, if you guys end up 0-4, 1-5 etc your members have to stand up and say enough is enough - sack the coach or we will petition to spill the board.

Cheer up guys, it’s only Round 1. As someone said during the week, there are 4 points on offer this week just like there will be 4 points on offer in Round 8. Your clubs first game of the season is always a big one and when it’s the season opener it’s that much bigger. There was enormous hype surrounding this game and in the end I think it took it’s toll on the players.

I know the majority of Tiger fans will be quick to point the finger at Terry Wallace but let’s look at the facts. He wasn’t at fault when Simmonds dropped that sitter in the opening term which lead to a Carlton goal. He wasn’t at fault when the players made simple skill errors and he wasn’t at fault when players decided to take poor options in defence that lead to numerous Carlton goals. I’m sure you’re all frustrated and wondering what’s in store for the year but all you need is a little perspective.

Next week is a new round and another chance to notch up a win. I’m sure the players will be hurting and they’ll come out next week to show that tonight was just an aberration. You can take a few positives from tonight’s game, Mitch Morton showed that he will be one of the premier medium sized forwards in the game, if he isn’t already. Richardson showed no signs of slowing down as he was everywhere tonight, one minute he’ll be taking a shot on goal the next he’ll be in defence taking marks. Matt White showed good poise and good disposal and looks to have a real bright future.

Round 1 is done and dusted; don’t dwell on it too much, the only way is up. You’ve got some genuine talent on the sidelines, Connors and Cotchin will add a tremendous amount of class. Where are Pattison and Thomson, I believe both to be in your best 22.

dont get sheedy. massive respect but not now. need young blood.

we need a coach that is not afraid to tear players new a-holes after games like this. tezza doesnt seem to be a kind of coach who would.

i think brad scott should be looked at very closely. he has a footy brain and is one scary guy when angry. he would have all players quaking in fear if they didnt have the right attitude. he'd instill hard discipline and would draft players who could actually tackle and kick. rate him very very highly.

as a fremantle supporter i know your pain. I understand the magnetism towards ben cousins but i watched the circus around him at WCE and the subsequent disenchantment of the player group. This week at training it will be back to football and basics without the lights, cameras and Hollywood. I seriously believe he is good for membership and money but bad for the player group.

You will be a different team against Geelong next week. Good luck, the sun will come up

Not sure were we go from here???, i know one thing, mid season will come around and if were still no good!!.... we'll be lokking for another coach.
If this is the case.... which very well could be (i hope not)!!!

leigh Mathews is worth a try?....or...
Let Sheedy over see W Campbell the rest of the season,
Under no circumstances let D King, J Rawlings, or B Royal near the magnet board!

Just one thing Terry, don't hold us to ransom for the rest of your contract, do the right thing and admit that you failed and walk away:).

P.S. you are not short of money, you have been in the system for about 30 odd years, so be fair to us as we have been more than fair to you.

P.P.S. Look, i hope we can turn this whole thing around and play finals etc, though at the moment i'm feeling pretty Gutted.

This week at training it will be back to football and basics without the lights, cameras and Hollywood.

Over in Perth you may not know this, but a Richmond loss like this one will have us like an only team in the state. A bit like WCE before you guys joined.

With Wallace in last year of contract, Journalists already know where they are booked to be on Monday. A picture of Wallace showing the most despondant look to go with the headline will be like getting a Brad Pitts and Angelinas baby shot.

Ill predict Richmond to be on the back pages of the HUN this week (not counting Fridays edition) at least twice with a sensationalistic headline.

We sell. unfortunately we sell like this too often.

It is Round 1. Lets keep perspective. I am not here to have any kind of shadenfreuten for your plight. I just offer general observations.
Lids- potentially- your most skilled player. Seems to me a silly decision for him to "kick out" when his talents are best used to run and carry.
Tuck- massive respect for this player. But I bet he doesnt even know what his role is meant to be. In and under? A bullocking type? Link man?
McMahon- too easy to just rubbish him.I am not defending him. But he cannot be a link in the chain if there is no chain or set plan.
Foley- excellent runner. But running where and what to?
Yes, cos I am a bullies man, it might appear to some I am just about to have a go at wallet. I like the tiges. I honestly just think he is out of step with modern football and prefers his harry potter like solutions which dont cut it anymore
He must look at your cattle, play them to their strengths and not indulge in some grand game of "Terry- the tanned overlord"
I feel for ya tiggies. The proof in the pudding will be to see how he reacts- with more hyberole? or some admission to the problem and then have the balls to rectify it- not for him, but for Richmond. I just think he is the type of guy- who always fervently believes he is always right whilst rome crumbles around him.
S'pose flames are good for a "tanning"
Didnt mean to end up as slag at wallet- but it did.
He is your fundamental problem.
Good luck for the year. I mean that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: No individual player discussion... (please!)

I think its obvious that we can easily scapegoat particular players like we have in the past (for example, Tivendale) but lets face it, their is no point in actually doing that.

What was dished up tonight you can blame an individual for. You can't go out and say McMahon, you only had a few touches and you don't tackle because even that doesn't fix what happened.

Tonight was low. Vs Geelong at the Dome low. If feels like natural progression at this club just doesn't happen. We get (potential) superstars (you know who I'm talking about) and it just doesn't happen for them. As a team, we don't look like we play for the jumper at all. No aggression, no care.

Our skills, like mentioned in other threads, were horrible. We fling the ball out to no one. We still don't have a game plan. I'd be more then happy if we decided to take the game on at most opportunities (ie Essendon last year) even if it means losing out sometimes.

I know the older guys on the forums have seen success before so I believe they can't possibly hurt as much as the posters born 1980 and beyond. We've seen nothing... zilch. Its hard to give up because I don't believe its actually possible. But, life isn't as good with Richmond losing and its even worse when something like this happens.

So, like I said, this performance isn't about an individual at the club. I feel like the players we have is a top 8 side. But when decisions like 'Bring Cousins on in the last' are made, you really have to wonder.

No aggression,no care.

Those 4 words sum up the RFC.

The days of the love of the jumper have truly gone out the window.

as a fremantle supporter i know your pain. I understand the magnetism towards ben cousins but i watched the circus around him at WCE and the subsequent disenchantment of the player group. This week at training it will be back to football and basics without the lights, cameras and Hollywood. I seriously believe he is good for membership and money but bad for the player group.

You will be a different team against Geelong next week. Good luck, the sun will come up

You probably mean what you say and cheers mate but the sun won't come up. We are cursed.

Re: So when does Sheedy take over again?

if 2nd half goes like the first Wallace may not make it out of the stadium ... public lynchings are still legal right?

The PLAYERS need to be lynched, all but about 6 of them. Wallace should be safe but the guy responsible for the skills at your club, wouldnt even get a job at the Eagles.....:eek:

Re: So when does Sheedy take over again?

The PLAYERS need to be lynched, all but about 6 of them. Wallace should be safe but the guy responsible for the skills at your club, wouldnt even get a job at the Eagles.....:eek:

No, Wallace should not be safe. Even if it is the players fault it is also Wallaces fault now. Wallace has had four years now to get rid of the crap from Punt Rd.

We appear to be making the same mistakes and skill errors as several years ago. I personally would have liked to get rid of Wallace last year but most of the tiger supporters have been patient with Wallace. The only positive about this year is that Wallace is going to get the sack.

Re: Hanging shit on the coach is predictable...

I do not know how much of the responsibility lies on Terry Wallace's shoulders. At the end of the day, the performance of that team last night was so inept that even the most brilliant gameplan would have failed.

Regardless of whatever pre-season training the club has or hasn't done, paid professional footballers should be able to pass a ball 30m and hit a target that is standing by himself. That several were unable to do that is a blight on them personally, not the coach. It shows a complete lack of character. I do not accept it had anything to do with a lack of practice. I was a shit D-grade amateur footballer and I can still hit a target with from 40m with my right foot and 25m with my left, and I haven't played football for 10 years.

I do not believe Tambling was even close to the worst player last night. At least he tackled with some enthusiasm. I would go further and say there were a dozen more experienced players who could take a leaf out of his book.

Some people must be punished for that performance. The medico responsible for sending Cousins back out after 3/4 time when he clearly showed signs of hamstring tightness, should be fired or at least reprimanded. McMahon should have to earn his recall from the VFL. And I want to see the entire leadership publically apologise for the humiliation they caused the members of the club last night.

Others like Moore, McGuane, Thursfield, Tuck and Bowden played enough good football late last year to warrant a second chance. As for Raines - after a season out of the game at least he has an excuse for being rusty.

The most disturbing thing about the performance was not the lack of skills, or physicality, or gameplan. It was the lack of character. Thank God, Richo plays for us. At least we know he cares.

Hey TT! Loooong time, no see. :thumbsu:

Was Terry's 5 year plan to improve the quality of the list but decrease the confidence of the players by employing these tactics. why does he put richo at full forward when we look like we are starting to go under. bring cuz on in the last?? in the first half they seemed to go up their left wing with no pressure at all. is that side of the ground not included in his new defence? we lost the game when our defence handed them their first 4 goals, from then we were all walking around with our hands on our hips. I guess at least Jack and Morton had a go.

I think its a bit early to be panicking, Cousins injury was a bit of a blow though I will admit.

Its a long year guys and its early days yet. :thumbsu:

Terry Wallace is a great tatic man but has lost the motivation style needed.

It took the Bulldogs 5 years after Terry left to start to bring in players who are not athletes but footballers.

You will win a lot of games this year playing a great style of football but will never take the next step-Just like the Bulldogs until you draft and trade hard footballers-All you need are 3-4 hard players and your Kids will boom.

Remember Cotchin is a rolls royce and will make a huge difference on return.

good luck

clearly they arent going to make the final 8, they didnt work on any of the faults. riewoldt still cant kick to save himself, edwards, still too small and poor disposal, mcmahon still poor disposal etc.

Terry Wallace is a great tatic man but has lost the motivation style needed.

It took the Bulldogs 5 years after Terry left to start to bring in players who are not athletes but footballers.

You will win a lot of games this year playing a great style of football but will never take the next step-Just like the Bulldogs until you draft and trade hard footballers-All you need are 3-4 hard players and your Kids will boom.

Remember Cotchin is a rolls royce and will make a huge difference on return.

good luck
boys, we should panick we were tipped to be big improvers like every year our list was looking good and for this to happen is a huge disappointed to say the least. Our backs couldnt take grabs as seen in the first qrt that gave carlton there first 4 goals we had guys who cant kick eg: j.m but we knew that. simmons thank god this is his last year as well struggled around the ground. Oh well 1 week at a time gee Geelong next week lets think about the following week instead oh bulldogs 0 and 3 could be coming sheedy ready to jump in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back