Discussion Saintsational

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read another long time SS poster has decided to not post there again.

A very nice farewell post there as well... :D

Gee BF just might overtake SS now that P66 has made the shift to BF, albeit it might only be while he is waiting for parole.

He should get himself an agent, there could be a bidding war.

And another....

Falling like ninepins over there.

This is hilarious. Soon BFUSA will be talking to stinger and his alter ego HarryM and nexes-helen aka citywest.

Wow I bet the good burgher's of BF cant wait for the "problem" of no new members registering can be fixed so they can rush over there to be abused.:D

Dear me what a sad death spiral to a once informative and interesting forum.

Wow, this is starting to mirror the Refugee debate!

Prime Minister Tony Abbott and Federal Immigration Minister Scott Morrison are developing a refugee policy at this very moment, on the new influx of refugees, from the war torn land of SS. Will our moderators here assist in sending these new arrivals off to camps in PNG?

just tried to get on to saintsational to catch up on some goss and found this:

"Sorry but this board is currently unavailable."

ummm?

20080925131238%21Explosion.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys.... refugee from SS here.

Actually more of a refugee from a certain poster who is not likely to appear here, considering he thinks this place is "as boring as bat s**t."

Looking forward to the experience here.

Welcome to the internment camp :)

Who were you before being exiled from SSland?

Actually more of a refugee from a certain poster who is not likely to appear here, considering he thinks this place is "as boring as bat s**t."

Welcome to the new SS :D.

I was going to post this on SS. I actually like Stinger and years ago we had a bit of an internet chat about old Saints days. But I'm sure he said a while back that he sometimes posted over here under a different name, and had a different 'persona'. I remember wondering who he was on BF, but hadn't seen his style of writing. He favours the Ellipsis. When on Footy matters he is a good guy, like most people. I might be wrong, but that is my clear memory.

He may well find it boring, but there is more footy discussion over here now, and I find I have to wade through less rubbish to get to some interesting opinions and views.

Not sure that the P66 that appeared here is the same guy. He didn't seem as verbose.

All Saints supporters are welcome here. We relish the diversity. Just remember that we have rules and standards and we don't put up with bullying behavior, sexist or racist behavior, or any deliberate actions that upset others.

If you want to discuss footy - go to the Saints board, if you want to reminisce on the good ol' times at Saintsational then please do so here in the Animal Enclosure as this is the board for non-football talk

The St Kilda board is a safe house for St Kilda supporters.

It is a privilege to post here, not a right.

St Kilda supporters are asked to be courteous and respectful to/of each other and the club and its players / coaches.

A higher standard is expected of visitors. We generally enjoy having visitors adding to our discussion. We also enjoy some controversy and pregame banter - as long as it is all done respectfully. Use common sense and apply normal social skills. The rules are just meant to keep the board enjoyable for everyone and not just a few. So have fun and remember that this is a shared community and certainly not a platform for your gripes, grievances or opinions. So take it easy, get to know people, build a rapport and your experience will be so much better as you will become part of our community.

If you post here you are agreeing not to use content that is defamatory, hateful, threatening, offensive, racist, sexist, contains adult or objectionable content, encourages dangerous or unlawful activity or can be interpreted as spam.

Golden-rules-icon.gif

1. Always make new posters feel welcome
  2. (a) The Saints board is for football related discussion - keep it footy related or take it to the Animal Enclosure for social discussion.
    (b) The Animal Enclosure is for non-football related discussion.
    (c) The Players Board lists up to date information on all our players.
  3. No personal abuse. Treat your fellow posters with respect. If you disagree with something someone said - GO THE BALL NOT THE MAN - explain how you see the issue without attacking the poster.
  4. No swear filter evasion. There are underage readers and other readers who are offended by swearing or explicit language
  5. Spamming = Ban
  6. Trolling from opposition supporters is not tolerated. Infractions are likely to be extensive.
  7. Differences of opinion are perfectly fine. Flame Wars are not. Sniping others is not.
  8. Topics that have been done to death. Moderators will merge multiple threads dealing with the same topic. Please check for existing threads before starting a new thread. If you have something genuinely new to add then feel free to start a new thread.
  9. This board has been set up for supporters of the St Kilda FC. Please refrain from excessive or exaggerated criticism of St Kilda players, club personnel or the St Kilda FC itself. This board has a variety supporters who all hold individual views on how important or talented our players are. Posters have been known to exaggerate to stress their point. It is a common practice that will no longer be tolerated. We will edit or delete posts describing players as "useless" or "talentless" or any other exaggerated negative criticism. Similarly do not use excessive criticisms of club personnel (such as a coach or board member) or imply corruption or incompetence without significant proof. Do not unduly criticise the club. These actions can be hurtful to the individual involved or family members / friends thereof. Further they can result in legal action by the slandered person. Repeat offenders risk being permanently excluded from this board. Reasonable criticism is perfectly OK - especially when made in an immediate post match context.
  10. Saying you were only joking after you have been infracted = bad luck.
    If you are not sure and don't make it clear, then don't post it.
  11. St Kilda supporters are perfectly entitled to be arrogant on our own board.
    Opposition supporters criticising our supporters for arrogant posts on the Saints Board will probably be given an infraction. :eek:
  12. If a St Kilda supporter has been trolling your board then please inform your moderator to deal with that individual. If opposition supporters think that coming to the Saints Board to revenge trolls committed on their own board is a valid excuse for trolling our Board, then think again. Serious Infractions will be given to all opposition trolls regardless of provocation. You have your own mods to deal with that.
  13. Rules For Posting Newspaper (Media) Articles on BigFooty
    Headline (embedded link)
    Excerpt (up to a paragraph)
    link

No more, unless you have specific remarks about specific paragraphs or sentences in which case:

Your comment
    More comment

Entire articles are not to be posted.
  14. The moderators aren't robots and don't necessarily read every post. If you see something that you take offense with or is a breach of the forum rules - Report the post and Armitage2Riewoldt , Squizzy1970 or Kildonan will attend to it.
Once more, if you are not sure ...don't post it. Or at the very least ask a moderator

In addition to this, please note that all posters must adhere to the rules outlined by the BigFooty 12 Commandments

It is your responsibility to know and abide by these rules. Playing the "I didn't know the rules" card is NOT an excuse.

and for some tips on how to do a bunch of things see here: How do I .....?

Why has the subject of my thread been changed? It's just a discussion thread not intended to create civil war between thw forums.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back