Discussion Saintsational

Remove this Banner Ad

I've frequented both SS and BF for years now but virtually never post.

Having a look at this thread and the one over at SS, it just amazes me.

The whole idea of these forums is to read the opinions of others with similar love for the saints.

What is with the politics, dick swinging, posturing and oneupmanship? It should be all about the footy club we love. Leave bagging each other to opposition supporters and get a grip... This is not business for us supporters. It's a passion.

Hi guys.... refugee from SS here.

Actually more of a refugee from a certain poster who is not likely to appear here, considering he thinks this place is "as boring as bat s**t."

Looking forward to the experience here.
Welcome to BigFooty :thumbsu:

I changed the Thread Title to "Sainsational Discussion"

I hope posters from Saintsational can hook up with friends here in this thread and discuss issues or simply gossip

Met a lot of really good people through our era of success 2004-2010 through SS when we would meet up and talk a whole lot of crap up in the Whitten Bar or at The Corner pre-game (some of us still catch up). Being able to put faces to names certainly made it a whole lot friendlier. Sad to see all the bickering going on.

Also, Rogerwa will be in town for today's game (M34 Bottom Deck-Ponsford Stand). We haven't worked out who is shouting yet, but it's all leaning towards joffaboy

i experienced the same over our 'era of success'.
met heaps of internet personas
made lifelong friends out of the exercise ... was huge ... even lived the spiritual experience (for a hobart / sydney boy) of living in melb for the entire footy season in 09 ... reserved seat at the dome.
Great times.
... maybe our forum blues n bickering is that release of that old deeper truth ... 'the times' weren't quite as golden as we needed em to be ... 'n frustrations do tend to express themselves in some form or another.

say hi to RogerWa for me Eastern 'n the crew at pre-drinks. Enjoy.

I envy you guys. I live in Brisbane, and while there are plenty of Saints fans here in Brisbane / and nearby, it's not the same as Melbourne.
If you make a point of meeting up with fellow fans here, it winds up being only one or two to a meet up before a match. And we have so few matches to meet up beforehand :(

I imagine its much like those dating websites - where you've already established a relationship based on your footy forum personas and so you've already established a number of things you have in common, all you have to do is establish whether you can hit it off in person. If you do then - hey lets meet up next week again eh? :cool:

I met a lot of peeps. Traveling in 09 to the finals games for drinks at the corner pub.
Eastern joff Geo maxstar aok snoops and plenty of others.
Great times and great memories... Apart from the gf result of course.
One day Mr and Mrs popped corn will be able to do it again and catch up.
This time we will celebrate a final game of the year win.

it was such a buzz for me.
'09 finals ... who was to know i'd end up 10 rows behind the interchange at the G baying for blood with fellow SS'ers (everwhere in that bay)
... winning
... believing .

twas the ducks guts
... the aok 's and the barks's and the hawthorn crew looked after me like a king ... had the fab time.
... only bummer was livin in cold ol waterfront footscray with a maggot supporter.

Well done.

See you in the dining hall. Planning to start a riot in the detention camp if we keep getting overcrowded.

Will have to be an emergency meeting of the UN to deal with this refugee crisis soon :)

I think I have been banned for nothing, I can't log in anymore. Oh well I might be another applying for permanent residency. That BFTUSA might have gone mad and started systematically taking us out one by one. I wish I would stop wasting my time on forums full stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I have been banned for nothing, I can't log in anymore. Oh well I might be another applying for permanent residency. That BFTUSA might have gone mad and started systematically taking us out one by one. I wish I would stop wasting my time on forums full stop.

I'm having the same issue, I think the site is undergoing maintanence.

I can't get in either. So long as BFUSA still allows serial troller citywest on the site all is good. And heaven forbid you ask him how Essendon is going as you can now get a warning for baiting a troll! Go figure!

I must be banned aswell cos all sudden can't login! But I see people still posting over there so cant be that big an issue..

I can't log in either but I notice that they have new members. TRENTDENNISLANE is no longer the newest member. I tried registering with new details but the whole process failed.

Can't get in to SS today either. Keeps reverting to login page after accepting my login.

They might have to do without my intelligence. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back