Salary Cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2003
AFL Club
Geelong
I would just like some clarification on the A-League's Salary Cap. I'm guessing that it will at least slightly increase each year to deal with such issues as inflation, but I was wondering if there is any strict plans that are in place for it.

For example is it going to increase 5%, 10% per year? Is it planned to be abolished in the near future? etc etc...

This is just in relation to the Asian Champions League. Will we be able to compete with the Japanese, Chinese & Korean teams with this cap in place?

Sorry in advance if this has already been brought up...

Never knew there was a cap in the A-League, its absolute bollucks.

How do we expect to grow as a league if we dont have the freedom to lure high profile players to the region?

With the Asian Champions League the clubs involved are going to get massive sponsorship boosts, and should be able to use this on luring european based players over to the A-League. Its great about evening the competition, but saying that id prefer to watch 2 or 3 powerhouse sides with quality in it, than alot of close matches with reduced quality.

You never know the may one day have a Draft system also witha under 18 comp

footyfanatic007 said:
How do we expect to grow as a league if we dont have the freedom to lure high profile players to the region?

We do ... the marquee signing.

Are there plans to extend the squad numbers and for a youth/reserve league in the future?

We've seen teams like Newcastle have only 14/15 fit players and be forced to play all of them while other teams have had very few injuries and have 6 or 7 players that are never playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back