Number: 17 (Original No. 46)
Height: 183.7
Weight: 70.3
DOB: 19-02-1991
Debut: 2011

Club Profile

Demonwiki

Re: ?. Sam Blease

Interesting to hear the he, aswell as Watts, is doing year 12 next year.

We really did go long-term in this draft, which has me excited :thumbsu:

Re: ?. Sam Blease

Very Very Very happy that we got Blease. Having seen him play @ Eastern Ranges games and at the u18 games, i really hoped he would slip to us.

Also, have seen him at ranges speed testing and stuff. He is f**king quick!

Re: 46. Sam Blease

Anyone know how he is going?

Playing for the Casey reserves this weekend whilst all the rest of the fit (maybe not 100%) melbourne-listed players Adelaide are in the casey seniors

Healey might play for the reserves..

Blease Has missed a lot of footy and probably needs to slowly work his way into things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melbournefc.com.au Blease relieved to have first run

AFTER two frustrated seasons marred by injury, young Demon Sam Blease says it was a relief to finally play his first official match for the club against Port Adelaide in the second NAB Cup game at AAMI Stadium on Friday night.

Although Blease was a substitute and had limited exposure against the Power, he said to run out in a senior match was a great experience.

“I was good. I’ve missed two years of footy effectively. I got 16 or 17 games in the VFL last year, but when you look at where I was this time last year, I was that far off playing senior footy - I wasn’t even walking at this stage,” he told melbournefc.com.au.

“It’s a good reward for me to be able to do it at this stage and do the pre-season. It was good to start the season off well and get a bit of a runaround.

“I knew I was only going to play a bit of game-time, but it was good to get my first kick at this level, so hopefully there are a few more to come.”

So how long until this kid gets a debut?

Would love to pick him up at port his debut is sensational unless its shat its self from when i saw him player for rangers a few times and once for casey

He is virtually a 1st year player, that's how much AFL football this kid has missed and how much recovery he has had to do.

He will get a game later on in the season IMO.

Sam Blease

This kid will be lucky if he ever plays an afl game
never been a more hyped kid at melbourne with so little talent

can someone please explain to me other than running really fast what he actually does? his disposal is on par with warnock.. he doesnt win his own ball.. he is lightly framed and has very little awareness

anyone who thinks this kid should play afl anytime soon has no idea how hard the afl is.. this kids poor decision making an disposal will be shown up at the next level...

granted i have only seen him play twice and they were the casey games on abs were casey smashed there opponents.. which ment there was plenty of outside footy for him aswell

this aint a troll, im actually interested to see where melbourne supporters who are more in the know can tell me what im missing.. cuz as far as im concerned this kid has nothing but pace

Re: Sam Blease

couldnt agree more, i live 10mins from Casey Fields so i think iv seen him play enough times now, i cant see were the talent is, iv seen, play about 20 times now, an absolute waste of a priority pick. i think they thought he would be damaging in the open spaces on the MCG but he cant kick, if you look at his you tube videos in the U18's he looks like he good be anything, i now he had a badly broken leg but when they recruited him and Strauss they weighed about 68kg each, FFS jumps jockeys weigh 68kg's.

This kid will be lucky if he ever plays an afl game
never been a more hyped kid at melbourne with so little talent

can someone please explain to me other than running really fast what he actually does? his disposal is on par with warnock.. he doesnt win his own ball.. he is lightly framed and has very little awareness

anyone who thinks this kid should play afl anytime soon has no idea how hard the afl is.. this kids poor decision making an disposal will be shown up at the next level...

granted i have only seen him play twice and they were the casey games on abs were casey smashed there opponents.. which ment there was plenty of outside footy for him aswell

this aint a troll, im actually interested to see where melbourne supporters who are more in the know can tell me what im missing.. cuz as far as im concerned this kid has nothing but pace

How can you claim at the start of this thread that you don't think he'll make it as an AFL footballer when you have only seen him play twice? Then you say it isn't a troll...

Your arguments are null and void as you are basing this on two games. Not to mention spending a year on the sidelines with a broken leg. This thread stinks.

nickgrant69 and jtr are either the same person or they have some sort of psychic connection...

Blease has a lot of talent, these 5 or 6 games this year is his best example of playing continuous football in something like 3 years. Give him time.

He was poor on the weekend, but from reports his last few games before that were all great.

Don't know about Sam Blease yet but James Strauss hardly fills me with confidence & he was taken with pick 19!

Sandwiched between the two at pick 18 Luke Shuey!:eek:

The kid has played 4 games FFS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back