Traded Sam Darley to Bulldogs for #78

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers - social media reported he was there yesterday (with Crameri running laps!) but didn't know it was for full testing.

Can see a good will swap of Addo for Darley. GWS won't use any picks we give them for Darley, and we hear they're keen on Addo who they could get as a free agent.

Darley is a good player but fell behind our other players same with Edwards. The club will most likely do hombsch like deals and let them go cheap.
Hopefully or do an Addison swap perhaps, we got Tom Young from Collingwood for pick 71 last season, so I'm guessing Darley if we need to trade for him he'll prob go for our 4th or 5th rounder 56 (58-61) or 74 (76-79) atm.

Underrating Darley.

Anything past 35ish I doubt GWS would use, and there aren't any players on our list that we would give up that GWS would want, except Addison. You wouldn't give more than pick 40 for Darley, so really what else are we supposed to do?

Anything past 35ish I doubt GWS would use, and there aren't any players on our list that we would give up that GWS would want, except Addison. You wouldn't give more than pick 40 for Darley, so really what else are we supposed to do?

Fair point. They'll likely look for a draft pick upgrade I guess which will still be a steal for you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exchange of picks will be hard because GWS are already 3 spots ahead, also cant see what GWS gain in trading for a FA when they aren't losing one.

in b4 swap 22 for Darley and 35 :p

Sounds good if we can get him on the cheap, we did really well with those kind of pick ups last year in Tom Young and Koby Stevens so if the recruiters have pinpointed him as a kid they see a role for then I'll back them in.

Anyone got a description of what sort of player he is? Strengths/weaknesses etc. Would be much appreciated!

Sounds good if we can get him on the cheap, we did really well with those kind of pick ups last year in Tom Young and Koby Stevens so if the recruiters have pinpointed him as a kid they see a role for then I'll back them in.

Anyone got a description of what sort of player he is? Strengths/weaknesses etc. Would be much appreciated!

He's a young good-ordinary midfielder - not stand out pace, not stand out clean disposal, not stand out tackling, not stand out endurance.

He'll do fine, in short.

GWS have to be careful that they don't become a feeder club in the AFL. That is having a wealth of early draft picks, developing players and trading them out.

It should be avoided at all costs !

GWS have to be careful that they don't become a feeder club in the AFL. That is having a wealth of early draft picks, developing players and trading them out.
Darley wasn't an early draft pick, he was one of their 17 year old signings.

The early pick they are losing (Adams) should net them something decent in return as part of the Shaw trade.

He showed a lot of promise playing in the champs underage before being picked up by the Giants.

He was Tassies best mid that year as a bottom ager and won the division 2 MVP award if I remember correctly.

I think he's more than an "ordinary" footballer. He was hard at the ball, always seemed to have more time to use it and used it well. Not to different from Ryan Bastinac in that way.

I think these types of talents (Weller, Toy, Darley, Ugle) going to the expansion clubs are often played out of position due to a wealth of young talent available and probable don't get the same type of development attention/opportunities they would've received had they been given to an established club.

He'll be a good pick up for the dogs I think

He showed a lot of promise playing in the champs underage before being picked up by the Giants.

He was Tassies best mid that year as a bottom ager and won the division 2 MVP award if I remember correctly.

I think he's more than an "ordinary" footballer. He was hard at the ball, always seemed to have more time to use it and used it well. Not to different from Ryan Bastinac in that way.

I think these types of talents (Weller, Toy, Darley, Ugle) going to the expansion clubs are often played out of position due to a wealth of young talent available and probable don't get the same type of development attention/opportunities they would've received had they been given to an established club.

He'll be a good pick up for the dogs I think
This. :thumbsu: Cant wait to see how he goes for the dogs.

Darley wasn't an early draft pick, he was one of their 17 year old signings.

The early pick they are losing (Adams) should net them something decent in return as part of the Shaw trade.

I stand by my opinion. And now there is talk of GWS sending two homesick players for Melbourne's pick 2. This is unsustainable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back