Past Sam Naismith - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

r0_0_2864_1655_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Sam Naismith
An ACL rupture and a long list of complications wiped out Sam Naismith’s 2018 and 2019 seasons, fuelling the hunger of the chief Sydney Swans ruckman for a comeback 2020 campaign. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product is an excellent tap ruckman who’s shown promising glimpses since being drafted in November 2012, particularly as Sydney powered towards the 2016 Grand Final. The New South Welshman had always worn the number 35 before switching to the number 10 for season 2020 in search of a fresh start.

Sam Naismith
DOB: 16 July 1992
DEBUT: 2014
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2015 Rookie Elevation
RECRUITED FROM: North Shore (NSW)

I feel Nankervis is being groomed as a FWD/ ruck to start. Its the way into the team. Both will feature in the future but Nana is very good forward of centre and will start his career in that manner. Naismith does look good but should take the #1 spot if he continues developing.

Haven't seen them live but both appear to be good finds. I assume from what I've read by the ressie watchers that they will be our ruck pair from 2015/16 onwards so I want to get on both bandwagons!

It seems that Nankervis will debut before Naismith, probably as soon as we need to cover an LRT injury or the selectors drop Derickx.

*sorry my Dads family is Tasmanian including a Tasmanian HOFammer but I couldn't help myself knowing you are Tasmanian

Last edited:
baja

Kicks per game
  1. Nankervis - 9.3
  2. Naismith - 1.0
Disposals per game
  1. Nankervis - 15.7
  2. Naismith - 8.3
Marks per game
  1. Nankervis - 6.3
  2. Naismith - 0.7
Total goals
  1. Nankervis - 6
  2. Naismith - 1
Frees against per game
  1. Naismith - 2.3
  2. Nankervis - 1.3

Please edit the thread poll to include the far superior Patrick Mitchell bandwagon

• Faster
  • More athletic
  • More agile
  • More North American and therefore more like our best ruckman Mike Pyke
  • Better looking (no homo)
  • Better name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

baja

Kicks per game
  1. Nankervis - 9.3
  2. Naismith - 1.0
Disposals per game
  1. Nankervis - 15.7
  2. Naismith - 8.3
Marks per game
  1. Nankervis - 6.3
  2. Naismith - 0.7
Total goals
  1. Nankervis - 6
  2. Naismith - 1
Frees against per game
  1. Naismith - 2.3
  2. Nankervis - 1.3
Any ruck relevant stats?

Please edit the thread poll to include the far superior Patrick Mitchell bandwagon

• Faster
  • More athletic
  • More agile
  • More North American and therefore more like our best ruckman Mike Pyke
  • Better looking (no homo)
  • Better name
Also add
  • Broke Tippett's rib(s).

baja

Kicks per game
  1. Nankervis - 9.3
  2. Naismith - 1.0
Disposals per game
  1. Nankervis - 15.7
  2. Naismith - 8.3
Marks per game
  1. Nankervis - 6.3
  2. Naismith - 0.7
Total goals
  1. Nankervis - 6
  2. Naismith - 1
Frees against per game
  1. Naismith - 2.3
  2. Nankervis - 1.3

Any ruck relevant stats?

Thank you alanlau34 Im glad someone with football knowledge hasent fallen into grimlock 's obvious attempt to mislead his fellow Swans supporters with irrelevant stats to win a poll on bigfooty, how lame..
He has conveniently left out the hit outs stats, the tackle stats etc and many others not to mention time played as an actual number one ruck and how many games played, what positions etc.., the very ones that matter in this discussion.
Of course Nankervis has kicked more goals, he has played full forward. :rolleyes:

In fact if you take that into account, Grimlocks misleading stats actually read in favour of Naismith.

Grimlock is taking everyone in the poll for suckers not surprising though.

The question asked is "who will be the best number 1 ruck?"

Not who will be called up next, thanks Robbie..

So guys I implore you to consider the question before you vote in the poll and not fall into Grimlocks snake oil salesman ways as he is taking you all as fools, you should be embarrassed to have been sucked in and vote for Nankervis but its not too late to change your votes(*cough cadsky *), don't be suckered by the conman that is Grimlock..

Vote 'Slammin Sammy' future number one ruck!

Last edited:
So guys I implore you to consider the question before you vote in the poll and not fall into Grimlocks snake oil salesman ways as he is taking you all as fools, you should be embarrassed to have been sucked in and vote for Nankervis but its not too late to change your votes(*cough cadsky *), don't be suckered by the conman that is Grimlock..

Vote 'Slammin Sammy' future number one ruck!

Sorry mate. Im well and truely on the Nanka band wagon. Have been since we picked him up. Im also a sales rep myself so I wasnt suckered in by grims "snake oil salesman ways" as you delightfully put it :)

"Sam Naismith is set to miss a month of football after sustaining a knee injury in the NEAFL match against Queanbeyan."

Shattering. He's back on the injury list at 3-5 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back