ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Went to the Freo derby last night and was surprised to see Sampi running around for the mighty red and whites.
He didn't do a whole lot, although pulled down a screamer in the goal square in the last quarter, right when it was needed. Played a bit in defence and kicked a shocker of a kick-in, straight to Sharks player, mark, goal.
A good assist, and set-up of a goal in the last quarter also, so average first 3 quarters, but good 4th quarter.
Enough of the analysis... guess I was just wondering - why was he there??? Was he dropped - he hasn't been injured has he? I thought he was doing okay... can anyone enlighten me?:)

Sampi was dropped/injured/somewhere in between

On one hand, he apparently had the flu, on the other, his form in recent weeks hasn't been great.. So I guess it was sort of a decision to leave out a player who wasn't 100% in either form or fitness.

yea, I'd say Sampi wasn't 100% fit, because although he hasn't been in the best of form lately, there would've been plenty of others on the chop before him I would've thought....

Cheers Mead & BT... like I said, was surprised to see him there. I would think you're probably right - he must have been a bit sick/hurt as well as a bit down on form. Would've thought he'd done enough in recent times to keep his spot over a few others maybe.
Anyway, he did well for Souths in that last quarter when the game was in the balance, so can't complain that he was there.;)

I think the selection panel made an error of judgement on their selection this week.

Kane Munro has had so many shots at the AFL I have lost count.

Originally posted by GoEagles
I think the selection panel made an error of judgement on their selection this week.

Kane Munro has had so many shots at the AFL I have lost count.

Sampi deserved to be demoted on recent form, whether or not Munro should have played is another matter.

Howdy folks.

Just wondering if it was normal behaviour for your mob to name a player on Thursday afternoon & then drop him because "His form had been a bit ordinary...." by Saturday afternoon ;) ;) ;)

http://thegame.thewest.com.au/20030811/afl/news/tg-afl-new-sto108245.html

Sampi was sent back to South Fremantle at late notice and played in the WAFL derby at Fremantle Oval on Saturday night.

The club denied he had been dropped for disciplinary reasons.

"His form had been a bit ordinary so he was sent back to the WAFL to get a bit of the footy," Woodhouse said.

I don't like your club, but I do admire them.
It does help to have the local media in your pocket tho. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by karnaby
Howdy folks.

Just wondering if it was normal behaviour for your mob to name a player on Thursday afternoon & then drop him because "His form had been a bit ordinary...." by Saturday afternoon ;) ;) ;)

I don't like your club, but I do admire them.
It does help to have the local media in your pocket tho. :rolleyes:

Oh who cares! Maybe he was always going to be dropped and it was just a ploy by Woosha and the guys to stuff up the Adelaide coaching pannel!

Well Samps is back in this week.

In all honesty, I think he deserved to get dropped, he hasnt played well in about a month - hopefully it will get him back in order.

Probably just the long season wearing on young legs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back