Scotch College 2008!

Remove this Banner Ad

BestonGround23

Draftee
Mar 1, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just thought I should open this thread to discuss the possible success of Scotch College in the APS season of 2008.

My personal opinion is that they will finish around 4-5th.

What do you reckon?

They have lost a lot of their key midfield because they were mostly year 12's. They have the consistent performers such as Strauss, Bull, Furey and yr 11's Woods and Rioli who may be able to fill the void left by the likes of Cyril Rioli. There are some very strong players coming up from a very strong 10A's side such as:

Burgess - big, strong and fast with a big kick and strong mark
Macmillan - great set of hands and can read the play well
Woodard - excellent skills, especially in the wet
Sinclair - hard, in and under player who never backs down
Halbert - great skills and quite strong
Seed - very committed player, plays taller than he is and never gives up

With the edition of a handy new CHF, Liam Jones. He is on scholarship from Tas, he performed well at U16 nationals last year which resulted in an AIS scholarship. He will be very helpful to a seemingly under-sized scotch team.

I believe Scotch will finish middle of the range. They do not have the talent or drive to compete with Xav, CCGS or Skevs.

aquinas college from perth are on tour from the 12th to 19 th of april and are playing two games one is against xavier and the other is i am not i am thinking you can give us a hand i think its either assumption scotch or caufield do u guys have any info at all

They have lost a lot of their key midfield because they were mostly year 12's. They have the consistent performers such as Strauss, Bull, Furey and yr 11's Woods and Rioli who may be able to fill the void left by the likes of Cyril Rioli. There are some very strong players coming up from a very strong 10A's side such as:

Seed - very committed play, plays taller than he is and never gives up

With the edition of a handy new CHF, Liam Jones. He is on scholarship from Tas, he performed well at U16 nationals last year which resulted in an AIS scholarship. He will be very helpful to a seemingly under-sized scotch team.

I believe Scotch will finish middle of the range. They do not have the talent or drive to compete with Xav, CCGS or Skevs.
he is an absolute monster

Burgess is a very big boy. He benches 110kg and runs the 100m in 11.5 secs. If he gets his fitness up he might be a possible draft prospect.

Last year he trained with the 1st all year, couldn't quite crack the team. He was an emergency 4 times. He should play in the 1st this year.

He is one of those players that has an impact on a game just because of his physical presence and good skills. Scotch is training him up to play at FF. If he has a good game he will be extreme affective. He has improved a lot since the 10A's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Cox will also have to step up because there aren't that many tall ruck men in year 11. He has been working hard and his fitness has greatly improved from from last year.

Seed - very committed player, plays taller than he is and never gives up

I believe Scotch will finish middle of the range. They do not have the drive to compete with Xav, CCGS or Skevs.

Scotch will always have the drive, no matter how talented they are. It is what seperates them from other teams in the APS

Scotch have something that is called "Scotch Spirit". This is the tremendous pride that Scotch's students have in their school. Scotch has got more heart than the other APS schools because of this innate "Scotch Spirit" which they possess. This is what separates them from schools such as HC who have a lot of kids on scholarships that are not really playing for the school and what their school stands for.

Scotch have something that is called "Scotch Spirit". This is the tremendous pride that Scotch's students have in their school. Scotch has got more heart than the other APS schools because of this innate "Scotch Spirit" which they possess. This is what separates them from schools such as HC who have a lot of kids on scholarships that are not really playing for the school and what their school stands for.

Yeah, BoG, I think your right....
No other school has 'Scotch Spirit' quite like Scotch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back