Official Match Thread Season 16 Round 3: Gold City Royals V West Coast Wonders @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3
mhsv29.jpg
V
10i6m1e.jpg
@ The Golden Throne

Last time they met: Have never played against eachother.

Gold City Royals

Form: The new kids from the block have gotten off to a rotten start and look to get some confidence when they play the reigning premiers. The Royals had a respectable loss to the Roys by 26 points in round 1 followed up by a 27 point loss to their rivals the Alberton Swamprats to see them at the bottom of the ladder after round 2. They need this win to get the confidence going forward in the season.

The Main-Event: Dannnnnnnnnn
This youngster is one of the shining lights for the Royals at the moment. The rookie ruckmen is 4th in the league in hit-outs and was the one stand out against the Swamprats in Round 2. I can see him turning it on again as he tries to claim the EKA for Season 16.

The X-Fact: fumbler
Probably the most annoying player in the SFA and hopefully for the Royals he can use that to their advantage. He’s currently leading the Royals in disposals at 17 a game and has played well in the first two matches. I reckon he’ll get a few loose disposals because no-one wants to be around him. Intended with love.

Turned up missing (How the hell do you turn up missing?): Easty
The Royals are off to a tragic start under his captaincy and he needs to step up big time to get his team going. The man who finished runner-up in the Moobs medal last season has gone off to a lacklustre start to the season, only averaging 9.5 disposals a game. He needs to step up big time in the match and show his team that he’s the right man for the job.

West Coast Wonders

Form: The reigning SFA premiers have gone off to the start they wanted so far this season. They are currently undefeated and are sitting 3rd on the ladder after a huge 51 point win against the Gumbies in Round 1 and a 3 point thriller against the Dragons last week. The Wonders won their first 6 games last season, let’s see if they can do it again.

The Main-Event: BoshtrichBurger
This youngster is off to a flyer this season and is putting himself into the conversation as one of the best ruckmen in the league. He’s currently averaging 21.5 disposals a game and is second in the league in hitouts while averaging a goal a game. He’s been leading the way for the Wonders, let’s hope it continues.

The X-Factor: JP Sauce
Only has played two games for the Wonders but man oh man did he have an impact in last week’s thriller against the Dragons. Coming off the half-back flank he managed to pick up 20 disposals, 5 marks and 69 dreamteam points in what was a fantastic game for the young lad. I have a feeling he’s going to do it again.

Turned up missing (How the hell do you turn up missing?): croweater 41
Seriously has anyone seen him? I’m sure he’ll turn up on a milk carton soon.

Prediction: Wonders by 30.

Attention Captains! Teams are to be submitted by Friday at 9 p.m AEST. Please tag boncer34 when submitting your line-ups.

I lied PVF, our home ground is actually the Royal Throne.

I'm kidding.

Or am I?

Regardless, this is gonna be bloody embarrassing for the Wonders.

Embarrassing for you guys when you don't show up. Doesn't matter if you're actually at the ground or not.

Now that it's a new week I'm obligated to tell you all that we are the reigning champs and we are better than you.

Doesn't matter what it's called now, this time next week it'll be simply known as "the place where the Wonders made it three in a row."
The Wonders lost the first two as well? Gee, that's pretty rough on the reigning champs. ;)

Regardless, this is where our streak begins and yours ends. Henry VIII has decided that forcing us to carry 100kg backpacks with us all around the field for the entirety of matches was probably a little bit of a silly idea (apparently he got it off the Furies' head coach...poor bastard). Thus, we'll be running free for four full quarters. You may have a shiny trophy from last year, but you don't have anywhere near the level of class to the field as we do. It's a bit embarrassing that the reigning champs are about to be manhandled by a bunch of rookies, actually.

Embarrassing for you guys when you don't show up. Doesn't matter if you're actually at the ground or not.

Now that it's a new week I'm obligated to tell you all that we are the reigning champs and we are better than you.
I know the number 1 thing on your letter to Santa this year was, "Please don't let the Royals turn up in round 3 so we don't lose," but unfortunately the old man was too busy with a Middleton to pay any attention to your request. We'll be there. Sorry to disappoint.

Ah, the Wonders. A shame for them they'll be the first of many casualties by our hand.

Doesn't matter what it's called now, this time next week it'll be simply known as "the place where the Wonders made it three in a row."
Or, "The place where the Wonders were the first team to lose to the Gold City Royals".

Ahh, the Royals - the first SFA team that I hated.

Not because you were any good, but because you thought you were even though the complete opposite was (and still is) true.
Is it wrong that I laughed at this post for ages?

The Wonders lost the first two as well? Gee, that's pretty rough on the reigning champs. ;)

Regardless, this is where our streak begins and yours ends. Henry VIII has decided that forcing us to carry 100kg backpacks with us all around the field for the entirety of matches was probably a little bit of a silly idea (apparently he got it off the Furies' head coach...poor bastard). Thus, we'll be running free for four full quarters. You may have a shiny trophy from last year, but you don't have anywhere near the level of class to the field as we do. It's a bit embarrassing that the reigning champs are about to be manhandled by a bunch of rookies, actually.

I know the number 1 thing on your letter to Santa this year was, "Please don't let the Royals turn up in round 3 so we don't lose," but unfortunately the old man was too busy with a Middleton to pay any attention to your request. We'll be there. Sorry to disappoint.
Your coach is a bit backwards and headless don't you think? The times are changing, and if your team has been using medieval tactics such as the 100kg backpacks et al... Then your team would obviously be destined to fail. Now that you've rectified that issue though, I'm sure another one will pop up, seeing as though your teams tactical and strategy plan is ancient and out of date. s**t, if I were you, I'd best be protecting my neck for obvious reasons.

Really?

Best come into this century and get your research right.
And please... cut the "I know you are" crap*... it doesn't work and no one finds it amusing.

*Referenced in another thread...

Let's just have the good stuff hey?

G'day lads.

In a bid to try to not fade away in the 4th quarter this week, we're not going to show up until quarter time.

That is all.

By golly, that's so crazy it might work.

Obviously you won't win because most clubs need a 4 qtr effort but you've got a young squad on your hands and it's all about development, so what a great way to avoid running out of steam.

Easty, I didn't think you were the right man to develop an expansion side but it's this out there thinking that removes doubt.

G'day lads.

In a bid to try to not fade away in the 4th quarter this week, we're not going to show up until quarter time.

That is all.

I'm surprised you showed up in this thread.

The Royals are awfully cocky for a team that is 0-2 and has proven nothing in this league. I'll admit I like Dannnnnnnnnn and Snappy! however the rest of the team is full of noobs and guys that just weren't good enough to be stars at their old teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's round 3, I'm sure you've heard them all already but:

Golden throne, you guys haven't heard of flushing? Or hydration?

Your coach is a bit backwards and headless don't you think? The times are changing, and if your team has been using medieval tactics such as the 100kg backpacks et al... Then your team would obviously be destined to fail. Now that you've rectified that issue though, I'm sure another one will pop up, seeing as though your teams tactical and strategy plan is ancient and out of date. s**t, if I were you, I'd best be protecting my neck for obvious reasons.
Hey BB, save the "ancient" and "out of date" jokes for when you verse the Roys - our game plan is nothing but modern. Just because coach Henry VIII is over 500 years old doesn't mean he doesn't keep up with the newest happenings of the SFA world, as well as revolutionising them.

Oh, and our coach has opposable thumbs. Take that, Charlie.

Really?

Best come into this century and get your research right.
And please... cut the "I know you are" crap*... it doesn't work and no one finds it amusing.

*Referenced in another thread...

Let's just have the good stuff hey?
I was extracting the urine, as exemplified by the ";)", as well as the following paragraph, within which I got things back on track.

But please, continue quoting only the parts of peoples' speech that suits you - it saves me digging you a hole if you do it yourself.

Make sure there is no curry the day before... because you'll be on that Golden Throne all day without making it onto the ground (Golden Throne)

I was extracting the urine, as exemplified by the ";)", as well as the following paragraph, within which I got things back on track.

But please, continue quoting only the parts of peoples' speech that suits you - it saves me digging you a hole if you do it yourself.
There is no need to take the piss from yourself. You are a developing team and this sort of talk really isn't needed for you guys! ;)

Hey BB, save the "ancient" and "out of date" jokes for when you verse the Roys - our game plan is nothing but modern. Just because coach Henry VIII is over 500 years old doesn't mean he doesn't keep up with the newest happenings of the SFA world, as well as revolutionising them.

Oh, and our coach has opposable thumbs. Take that, Charlie.
I see what your team is doing... Pairing up the ancient coach with a new establishment to balance out the age and whatnot. Sort of like Kevin Sheedy with the GWS kids in the backwater league known as the AFL.

That only means one thing though... It means you'll be in for a s**t year, and your 'supposed' win will be against the Alberton Swamprats at home only. Seeing as though the GWS only won against the Power and Suns, and the Swamprats are a mixture of both if you think about it.

Wait, what am I doing? I shouldn't be talking about the superlative league outside of the realms of Sweet FA!

But you know what? That will be your fate in the league... Like it or not! ;)

Also, I see you are subscribed to the 'verse' fad... Please change, or you'll be forever singing tunes of sorrow.

Third time's the charm boys. No fade outs this week.

We have nothing to lose this week, except our dignity. (and just in case we lose...) Pfft who needs dignity anyway.

I see what your team is doing... Pairing up the ancient coach with a new establishment to balance out the age and whatnot. Sort of like Kevin Sheedy with the GWS kids in the backwater league known as the AFL.

That only means one thing though... It means you'll be in for a s**t year, and your 'supposed' win will be against the Alberton Swamprats at home only. Seeing as though the GWS only won against the Power and Suns, and the Swamprats are a mixture of both if you think about it.

Wait, what am I doing? I shouldn't be talking about the superlative league outside of the realms of Sweet FA!

But you know what? That will be your fate in the league... Like it or not! ;)

Also, I see you are subscribed to the 'verse' fad... Please change, or you'll be forever singing tunes of sorrow.

However Sheedy encouraged his losing side with gentle reviews and an easing into the AFL season, our new leader has several barbaric methods of execution hanging over our shoulders. Quite simply...we need to do better or one of us will cop it! (my money's on Deddy given his form :p )

Easty, I didn't think you were the right man to develop an expansion side but it's this out there thinking that removes doubt.

I'm only just getting started.

Next week I might unleash doggies ftw - if he ever comes back :(

However Sheedy encouraged his losing side with gentle reviews and an easing into the AFL season, our new leader has several barbaric methods of execution hanging over our shoulders. Quite simply...we need to do better or one of us will cop it! (my money's on Deddy given his form :p )
What a goddamn brutal regime... By the end of the season, your whole team will be beheaded... :(
I'm only just getting started.

Next week I might unleash doggies ftw - if he ever comes back :(
Your boy has been online, just doesn't seem committed...

Saw him today in The Walking Dead thread. Looks like he's deserted you...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back