Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 15 - Ophidian Old Boys v West Coast Wonders @ Spotswood Oval [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

SFASuperSaturday.png

Season 36 - Round 15

All eyes are on just two teams this Saturday as the Ophidian Old Boys and West Coast Wonders have a stand alone clash that could shape the top of the ladder for one and not mean much for the other.

rematchsfa.png

It’s a rematch in two parts, a rematch of the infamous season 35 grand final and a rematch of the seventh round of season 36 but this time, there’s absolutely nothing to play for.

The Rematch Part I - Round 7

The first time the Old Boys and the Wonders went face to face this season was back in round seven, where an underwhelming effort from the Wonders had the Old Boys finding themselves in the club rooms by three quarter time.

The Old Boys ran out 44-point winners in this clash.

home
away
5.2 (32)
QTR 1
4.6 (30)
7.6 (48)
QTR 2
9.8 (62)
10.8 (68)
QTR 3
14.12 (96)
12.13 (85)
Full Time
19.15 (129)

DenieD ’s four goals for the Wonders weren’t enough as MayTheNorthBeWithU and Rioli2Rioli popped up with two each. Grand Uncle Horace and SSwans2011 led the fantasy rankings.

Bonz starred for the Old Boys with five goals while Robertio also had a crack in front of the sticks with three of their own but it was the engine room where the game was won as kenneyswarriors , Wacky Tiger , and Braklet impressed on the fantasy board.

The Rematch Part II - Grand Final

A shattering loss for the Wonders in the season 35 grand final makes it clear that the Old Boys currently have the better over the West Coast based team. Just three points separated the team on the final match day of the season.

home
away
2.1 (13)
QTR 1
5.0 (30)
7.2 (44)
QTR 2
6.3 (39)
10.4 (64)
QTR 3
12.4 (76)
14.9 (93)
Full Time
14.6 (90)

The two clubs couldn’t be further apart now though.

Mismanagement from the Spotswood-based leadership team has the crew failing to make finals for the first time in their history.
The Wonders on the other hand have had an up and down season and are looking to secure a top four finish and have another crack at the premiership.

The Rematch Part III - Today

HrwlSN77EovczQ0NQ7EJvaQ45g0r4epiXd89Dp3KgKJ6LwYyBa6u06QbVbObCApvY-i-GK5iGWPheOENS0FXrabO8aUN9cXl0PaidxiZU6BkNvgMiXYcfOQ1K7nDLQB81pYemKmcPPbbweFQ9xdNPts
13th :: 6-6 :: 109.01%

Mrs Turbo leads the Old Boys in dream team points and will be looking to put together another huge game to get the Old Boys off the bottom of the ladder.
It’s been Bonz who has been a star in front of goals kicking 41 across the season while Mrs Turbo has also been giving them first usage in the midfield with 91 hit outs this season.

After this: It’s a matchup against the Bombers on Sunday to finish their season.
grD-vr0o8t0hlYCcqbuhq8ZLXdKKl33CiqVFLCtAj0zXqBIdLgYWIlI3BoFC296HyeuBA1QQQ1pRxAZBytg4T738ubIzZtqKD1mxKmEZ6lw3ksH9JM7auvjnrtH5SNr3tDwIoA7J41W3467VsL-v-L4
5th :: 7-6 :: 94.09%

DenieD will need his best effort today to lock in the Fred Medal as he leads the league with 59 goals going into their last game of the home and away season.
AnUltimateRessie leads the Wonders dream team points with 960 points while ClarkeM ’s tackle pressure has been important.

After this: bye before finals.

Captains, please be aware that the team sheet for your team must be submitted by 11:59 AWST on Thursday.

Last edited:

I think the OP summed up how much the Wonders are the Old Boys 'Bitch' pretty well.
It originally wasn't meant to be like that, and then I kept writing the OP and realised that we are well and truly under the thumb of the Old Boys..... until now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to Spotswood Wonders for our last game at home S36.

Wonders have supported the Old Boys and helped maintain the lofty standards demanded by Spotswood, in doing so your team has been awarded exclusive Inner Sanctum Access.

inner sanctum.png

INNER SANCTUM
The Wonders deserve something special for their support so will receive access to a premium match day offering including attendance at the Chancellors after game celebration function, invite and premier seating at the Old Boys Best and Fairest function with full catering and bar as well as enjoying exclusive off-field opportunities and inner sanctum experiences from the club.

Last edited:
Welcome to Spotswood Wonders for our last game at home S36.

Wonders have have supported the Old Boys and helped maintain the lofty standards demanded by Spotswood, in doing so your team has been awarded exclusive Inner Sanctum Access.

INNER SANCTUM
The Wonders deserve something special for their support so will receive access to premium match day offerings at every Spotswood’s game including attendance at the Chancellors after game celebration function, invite and premier seating at the Old Boys Best and Fairest function with full catering and bar as well as enjoying exclusive off-field opportunities and inner sanctum experiences from the club throughout the season.

Guinessbar 3.png

We'll have to open up the other room this week and have the Bombers in one and the Wonders in the other.

View attachment 1846926

We'll have to open up the other room this week and have the Bombers in one and the Wonders in the other.
Bombers have gold access so good we are playing the last 2 teams we get on with so we can enjoy all the social intercourse we are going to have

Morning everyone.

Few small reminders.

1. I'm amazing
2. I'm incredible
3. I look great in the mirror.

That's all.
I hear you!! Do you also have complete strangers saying how adorable you are?

Sometimes I just have to get away from it all.

Fleabane_Overlooking valley_small.jpeg

Checking in for the week. Nice to see you all again, OOB friends. A real pity we won't be able to meet in the grand final again this season.
OOB are in the same spot as last season just the complete opposite end.

We are not a team of average, were all in or all out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back