Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 5 - East Side Phoenix v Fighting Furies @ The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

The common problem I am finding with all these 'book series made in tv series' is there is an almost disrespectful lack of focus on protagonist relationships.

The writers cram minimal scenes of 'interaction' between them and that (in the writers view) is enough to lean on these minimal interactions heavily whenever it suits their adjusted storylines.

Case-in-point from this season Wheel of Time is using written letters between the protagonists to make up an imagined strength of lifelong bond that has not been displayed (barely) in the show.

Aye. Sometimes it is better to read the books after watching a series you have enjoyed. Plan to read The Expanse books now and the Gereon Raith mysteries (Babylon Berlin) after damned Netflix releases Series 4.

#aroundtheground

SCORING SUMMARY
QTR 1 | 1:53 - Behind to Ghostface Killah. (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 1
QTR 1 | 4:42 - Behind to Biggie (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 2
QTR 1 | 5:58 - Goal to raskolnikov (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 8
QTR 1 | 6:44 - Goal to KJ Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 2
QTR 1 | 7:39 - Behind to raskolnikov (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 3
QTR 1 | 9:07 - Goal to Chet Holmgren. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 3
QTR 1 | 9:29 - Behind to Public Enemy. (East Side Hawks) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 2
QTR 1 | 13:54 - Behind to KJ Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 3
QTR 1 | 15:03 - Goal to Chet Holmgren. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 9
QTR 1 | 16:25 - Goal to SunsphereParker (East Side Hawks) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 3
QTR 1 | 19:11 - Goal to Mobb Deep. (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 3
QTR 1 | 20:39 - Goal to KJ Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 3
QTR 1 | 21:04 - Behind to Larrikin (East Side Hawks) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 2
QTR 1 | 23:47 - Behind to sey666 (East Side Hawks) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 1
QTR 2 | 1:49 - Goal to Jaylin Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 7
QTR 2 | 2:55 - Goal to Public Enemy. (East Side Hawks) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 1
QTR 2 | 9:52 - Behind to DMX. (East Side Hawks) - Scores level
QTR 2 | 10:27 - Behind to Jaylin Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 1
QTR 2 | 12:09 - Behind to Rakim. (East Side Hawks) - Scores level
QTR 2 | 12:47 - Behind to DMX. (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 1
QTR 2 | 13:22 - Goal to Jalen Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 5
QTR 2 | 19:23 - Behind to Jalen Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 6
QTR 2 | 20:09 - Goal to Rakim. (East Side Hawks) - Scores level
QTR 2 | 26:08 - Behind to Jalen Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 1
QTR 2 | 28:33 - Goal to sey666 (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 5
QTR 2 | 30:00 - Behind to Chet Holmgren. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 4
QTR 2 | 30:34 - Behind to KJ Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 3
QTR 3 | 2:55 - Behind to Olivier Sarr. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 2
QTR 3 | 5:08 - Behind to Jaylin Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 1
QTR 3 | 6:21 - Goal to KJ Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 5
QTR 3 | 7:01 - Behind to TY24 (East Side Hawks) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 4
QTR 3 | 8:10 - Behind to Method Man. (East Side Hawks) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 3
QTR 3 | 12:49 - Behind to Chet Holmgren. (Tittybong Thunder) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 4
QTR 3 | 13:46 - Behind to LL Cool J. (East Side Hawks) - Tittybong Thunder lead by 3
QTR 3 | 16:24 - Goal to raskolnikov (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 3
QTR 3 | 18:17 - Behind to Kenrich Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 2
QTR 3 | 19:27 - Goal to Rakim. (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 8
QTR 3 | 23:55 - Goal to SunsphereParker (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 14
QTR 3 | 24:47 - Behind to Jaylin Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 13
QTR 4 | 1:00 - Behind to Chipmunk (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 14
QTR 4 | 6:54 - Behind to Olivier Sarr. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 13
QTR 4 | 7:44 - Behind to Kenrich Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 12
QTR 4 | 9:24 - Goal to TY24 (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 18
QTR 4 | 12:46 - Goal to LL Cool J. (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 24
QTR 4 | 14:14 - Goal to Kenrich Williams. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 18
QTR 4 | 17:14 - Behind to Chipmunk (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 19
QTR 4 | 18:22 - Behind to raskolnikov (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 20
QTR 4 | 20:50 - Behind to TyTy Washington Jr. (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 19
QTR 4 | 21:41 - Goal to raskolnikov (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 25
QTR 4 | 23:16 - Behind to tigland (Tittybong Thunder) - East Side Hawks lead by 24
QTR 4 | 26:24 - Behind to sey666 (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 25
QTR 4 | 27:02 - Goal to raskolnikov (East Side Hawks) - East Side Hawks lead by 31

• The East Side Hawks remain undefeated after seeing off the Thunder in a tightly contested match that was in the balance until the Hawks broke away in the final quarter.
  • For the Hawks, raskolnikov starred with 19 disposals, 3 marks, 3 tackles and 4 goals.
  • For the Thunder, Silky23 was awarded the 3 votes for Best on Ground for the dominant 47 hitout match.

Aye. Sometimes it is better to read the books after watching a series you have enjoyed. Plan to read The Expanse books now and the Gereon Raith mysteries (Babylon Berlin) after damned Netflix releases Series 4.

I've been meaning to watch Babylon Berlin (I actually didn't know until your post it was based upon a series of novels). The Weimar Republic is such a fertile era for storytelling, given what it succeeded and preceded, I've been meaning to dive in.

I've been meaning to watch Babylon Berlin (I actually didn't know until your post it was based upon a series of novels). The Weimar Republic is such a fertile era for storytelling, given what it succeeded and preceded, I've been meaning to dive in.
Have a crack at it with the sub titles and not the dubbing of course. The story lines are complex and there are umpteen sub plots. But it is faithful to that wacky and tragic period of history and really worth a watch. It is finely written and acted.

Have a crack at it with the sub titles and not the dubbing of course. The story lines are complex and there are umpteen sub plots. But it is faithful to that wacky and tragic period of history and really worth a watch. It is finely written and acted.

I have been intending to learn German; I know a bit from my history studies, so I can often put together the key parts of texts and get the overall meaning from them (for context though, these studies were focused on the Middle Ages and WW2, so the First and Third Reichs, so is a bit military focused as far as Germany goes...which most people would assume is a given, but that's taking (Nietzsche's) hammer to something that requires a fine brush), but am nowhere near capable of watching without subtitles. There's a Spanish language show I like on Prime, and the subs were a few seconds behind the action. I contemplated watching without subs, and testing my Spanish, but chickened out and watched with the horrible dub :s

I avoid dubs wherever possible, as I like to watch in the original language, so I can get a feel for it even whilst reading in English.

I have been intending to learn German; I know a bit from my history studies, so I can often put together the key parts of texts and get the overall meaning from them (for context though, these studies were focused on the Middle Ages and WW2, so the First and Third Reichs, so is a bit military focused as far as Germany goes...which most people would assume is a given, but that's taking (Nietzsche's) hammer to something that requires a fine brush), but am nowhere near capable of watching without subtitles. There's a Spanish language show I like on Prime, and the subs were a few seconds behind the action. I contemplated watching without subs, and testing my Spanish, but chickened out and watched with the horrible dub :s

I avoid dubs wherever possible, as I like to watch in the original language, so I can get a feel for it even whilst reading in English.

I gave up thoughts of academia when my Prof told me I had to master German (and French and Italian) to read texts in the original.

When I have rewatched BB, I found myself catching some dialogue without using the sub titles. Funny how the human brain works.

I gave up thoughts of academia when my Prof told me I had to master German (and French and Italian) to read texts in the original.

When I have rewatched BB, I found myself catching some dialogue without using the sub titles. Funny how the human brain works.

I got distracted from pursuing further history studies by pursuing a law degree and finishing my science degree. And atm I'm not working in any of these fields 😐

But you do need to learn the language of the primary sources no matter what era, and in some disciplines the secondary sources. An Egyptologist or Assyriologist needs to have at least one of modern French or German to complement the various dead languages, due to how many academic journals are produced in either language.

I got distracted from pursuing further history studies by pursuing a law degree and finishing my science degree. And atm I'm not working in any of these fields 😐

But you do need to learn the language of the primary sources no matter what era, and in some disciplines the secondary sources. An Egyptologist or Assyriologist needs to have at least one of modern French or German to complement the various dead languages, due to how many academic journals are produced in either language.
True. A while ago I was reading about the Hittites and cuneiform coding of their language. There were references to German Journals. Years ago I was in Ethiopia and learned there are umpteen spoken languages and just about everyone is multi lingual.

I am so envious of friends who swim in and learn new languages. My Godmother spoke 9 or ten languages inc Cantonese. As a young women she was employed by the French as an interpreter (French-German) despite not being a French National. My fave ex learnt Tetum (Timorese) easily during a three month stay in Dili to go with her other languages. She reckons her facility with languages comes from growing up in a family surrounded by classical music and jazz.

True. A while ago I was reading about the Hittites and cuneiform coding of their language. There were references to German Journals. Years ago I was in Ethiopia and learned there are umpteen spoken languages and just about everyone is multi lingual.

I am so envious of friends who swim in and learn new languages. My Godmother spoke 9 or ten languages inc Cantonese. As a young women she was employed by the French as an interpreter (French-German) despite not being a French National. My fave ex learnt Tetum (Timorese) easily during a three month stay in Dili to go with her other languages. She reckons her facility with languages comes from growing up in a family surrounded by classical music and jazz.

Having a musical background helps. Apparently the one profession a neuroscientist can determine from looking at a brain scan is "musician", due to what the discipline does to the physical structure of the brain (if you get a chance, do some reading on neuroplasticity; fascinating, and optimistic, stuff).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a musical background helps. Apparently the one profession a neuroscientist can determine from looking at a brain scan is "musician", due to what the discipline does to the physical structure of the brain (if you get a chance, do some reading on neuroplasticity; fascinating, and optimistic, stuff).

Read a lot about neuroplasticity via a few gerontologists. A German gerontologist did a lot of research into the decline of brain plasticity which he said commenced on average at around the age of 85 (the 4th Age). On average our ability to learn and adapt to and deal with change slowly diminishes.

He made the point the human brain and plasticity has not evolved to deal with the rapid increases in longevity. He also said he said we have been great at improving the quantity of life but not its quality.

Watched the before you buy on Starfield and I am going to wait until I really get bored with Baldurs gate. Just looks to be another case of Todd Howard looking in the mirror and tickling his own prostate.
I bought it early as I wanted the collectors edition. I ended up doing first mission then played Baldur's Gate for 5 hours straight, actually found bunch more s**t to do in Act 3 (the side s**t is better than whats in 99% of other games). Will definitely be finishing this before jumping full on into Todd Howard's rectum.

Had to buy a new SSD for Starfield, so fiddled around setting that up tonight. I don't think its going to be amazing but if its Fallout 4 in space with (hopefully) a bit more personality/freedom (ie take some from Outer Worlds) - that'll be enough for me. Its fun enough so far.

Hi Furies, I see your still up to your bantering best.😉

View attachment 1792517
Meme Reaction GIF

Hi all and Happy Fathers Day to all the magnificent dads 🫶

I’ll try to post this game at around 3 - 4 but with family in and out all day for bbq and drinks please be patient if I’m a bit off target today, they will be posted :)
Conditions for the match are RAINY :umbrellarain:

por_please_ya thewizardmelon MP_ The Majestic Callums_Guns Jhye Clark 13 DemurePrincess
James Colorado omgfridge ShaunDuggan Frederico_WA Frothies Mcveigh crazywildhorse Bovo
Just ensure the Furies loss please

I’ll try to post this game at around 3 - 4 but with family in and out all day for bbq and drinks please be patient if I’m a bit off target today, they will be posted :)

por_please_ya thewizardmelon MP_ The Majestic Callums_Guns Jhye Clark 13 DemurePrincess
James Colorado omgfridge ShaunDuggan Frederico_WA Frothies Mcveigh crazywildhorse Bovo
Feel free to post after you’ve spent quality time with your family, who knows it might help the conditions change from RAINY to WARM

Thanks for the pending loss Wosh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back