Official Match Thread SEASON 37 ROUND 1: OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS vs LAS VEGAS BEARS @ SPOTSWOOD OVAL

Which team will win?

• Old Boys

• Bears

• I just want to post funny gifs

• I hate this place and I'm a masochist

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

All club levels are reviewed by the OOB Board of Directors at the end of the season. Clubs can be elevated for a number of reasons such as we had fun with them during the season, support in committee voting matters, giving the Captain incentives without anyone at Spotswood knowing ;)
Good thing I worked on my wrist strength this off season

Hi OOB's, good luck for the season. Hopefully both clubs are playing finals this season.
We have already arranged to be in the GF and go cup2spoon2cup.

I would have made sure you Bears could be in the GF with us but realised it would be cruel to make you lose the GF two seasons in a row.

And have 0 points taken off them!
Well us anyhow.

emma roberts comedy GIF

200-2.gif

We have already arranged to be in the GF and go cup2spoon2cup.

I would have made sure you Bears could be in the GF with us but realised it would be cruel to make you lose the GF two seasons in a row.
I thought you were talking about c02 then

Thought we were going to get invaded by LNP spam bots.

Hello old boys. Thankyou for hosting us this week. I regret to inform that I won't be playing by your rules. I shouldn't say this but Ive opted to take alternate measures to gain entry.
Untitled82_20240129144331.png

Hello old boys. Thankyou for hosting us this week. I regret to inform that I won't be playing by your rules. I shouldn't say this but Ive opted to take alternate measures to gain entry.
View attachment 1894510
thanks for clearing up that age old question does a bear sh!t in the woods,

i now have photographic evidence that you don't

thanks for clearing up that age old question does a bear sh!t in the woods,

i now have photographic evidence that you don't
Haven't we demonstrated our shitting prowess enough.

I feel like this question is getting asked for other reasons now 🤨

4Th Of July America GIF

Welcome one and all to the 37th season of Sweet-FA. The league where we make up insane stuff and hope people like it. A new year, a new admin, and the same old qooty game we know and love. What joy!

View attachment 1894436View attachment 1894437
Ophidian Old Boys versus Las Vegas Bears

The wooden spooners of last season are coming up against the Grand Finalists in this epic round 1 clash. Ophidian will be hoping they didn't breach any rules during squad submission, while the Bears will be hoping their new Chip on their shoulder is exactly what they need to go one better this season and grab that premiership cup.

New Recruits to Watch

thewizardmelon : The ex-Phoenix captain has made his first change of club by moving to none other than Ophidian. The team sheet (that the Old Boys have already put in well in advance) has melon slated to be the ruck rover and main man in the middle of the qooty field. We'll see if he handle the pressure and the heat.

King Tenz : The rookie sensation from the Dragons was a hot commodity and big talking point of last season. 'Where was he going?' well he ended up right here at Spotswood with the Old Boys. A very adept qooty player already, averaging more than 17 disposals and 5 marks a game last season. We'll see if King Tenz can keep improving even further in his second season.

DemurePrincess was another rookie from last season that caught the eye of the Old Boys recruitment staff. Will they flourish under new leadership this season? We'll see...

Chipmunk : The surprising return of the Chip has sent shockwaves through Sweet-FA. Like the second coming of Jesus, the little furry animal descended back down from the general discussion board to play qooty once again. A big player and big time poster. Will be a huge watch this season to see how he fits in at the Bears.

Tip: Old Boys have some big ins so it will be closer than people think, but I still believe Bears will come out on top. Bears by 13

Captains please submit your team sheets by midnight Thursday

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

View attachment 1894510

Did you run this attempt at humour by your NINE LG members? 😂

Bears really thought there couldn’t possibly be too many chefs, hey?

Nice to see we’re playing a team with as much silverware as us last season.

You lot, a random runners up plate, us, the coveted spoon 😍
Hi wiz
Did you get a spoon as part your offseason OOB membership pack?

A creative option but I still preferred the lucky bears socks I sent over for Chipmunk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually wondering how long before someone would bring that up lol. First page of round 1! Nothing gets by you wizard! As the newest member of the LG I take full responsibility. I went off half cocked. The well is running dry mate. Can't be 100% every season

Hi wiz
Did you get a spoon as part your offseason OOB membership pack?

A creative option but I still preferred the lucky bears socks I sent over for Chipmunk

I actually got a paddle, so slightly different if you get me.

Adding a squirrel to a bear pack doesn’t exactly strike fear into opponents Tandy

Haven't we demonstrated our shitting prowess enough.

I feel like this question is getting asked for other reasons now 🤨
I once did an interview for the Ruck Off thread with JoshWoodenSpoon back around S26 or 27 and already got the feeling you bears weren't as hard core woodland creatures as people like to think

JSW shitting.png

I was actually wondering how long before someone would bring that up lol. First page of round 1! Nothing gets by you wizard! As the newest member of the LG I take full responsibility. I went off half cocked.

I’m going to beat this drum all week, AnUltimateRessie has made his feelings known about co-captains, but having like 40% in an LG? Might as well make the whole team a ‘leader’ 😅

Nice to see we’re playing a team with as much silverware as us last season.

You lot, a random runners up plate, us, the coveted spoon 😍
Old Boys trying to speedrun getting all the medals and trophies?

I’ve been in LGs ranging from 2 to 9 across multiple seasons and clubs and I can happily say that at the Bears, the more the merrier as we all get along and fairly contribute without the burden of having to be on when life gets in the way.

We are back to the 9 we had when Broken was around :) (when broken retired nobody was added)

I’m a little surprised you brought up the topic actually as there’s a lot a few of us could say about our time with you in the Phoenix LG but unless you really want me to tell all in front of your new teammates I’ll leave things there.

I’ve been in LGs ranging from 2 to 9 across multiple seasons and clubs and I can happily say that at the Bears, the more the merrier as we all get along and fairly contribute without the burden of having to be on when life gets in the way.

We are back to the 9 we had when Broken was around :) (when broken retired nobody was added)

I’m a little surprised you brought up the topic actually as there’s a lot a few of us could say about our time with you in the Phoenix LG but unless you really want me to tell all in front of your new teammates I’ll leave things there.

Go off mwerps! We never had half a club as an LG 😂😂😂

Don’t act like it’s a job for 9 people though, that’s as laughable as your grand final efforts 😂

giphy.gif

Go off mwerps! We never had half a club as an LG 😂😂😂
Omg neither do we! If we only had 18 people in the side, we'd be like the Hawks.

Don’t act like it’s a job for 9 people though, that’s as laughable as your grand final efforts 😂
Maybe you should have a bigger LG and you'd not lose sooooo many points for ******* up :)

Back