Official Match Thread SEASON 37 ROUND 1: OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS vs LAS VEGAS BEARS @ SPOTSWOOD OVAL

Which team will win?

• Old Boys

• Bears

• I just want to post funny gifs

• I hate this place and I'm a masochist

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

4Th Of July America GIF

Welcome one and all to the 37th season of Sweet-FA. The league where we make up insane stuff and hope people like it. A new year, a new admin, and the same old qooty game we know and love. What joy!

ophidian.png bears.png
Ophidian Old Boys versus Las Vegas Bears

The wooden spooners of last season are coming up against the Grand Finalists in this epic round 1 clash. Ophidian will be hoping they didn't breach any rules during squad submission, while the Bears will be hoping their new Chip on their shoulder is exactly what they need to go one better this season and grab that premiership cup.

New Recruits to Watch

thewizardmelon : The ex-Phoenix captain has made his first change of club by moving to none other than Ophidian. The team sheet (that the Old Boys have already put in well in advance) has melon slated to be the ruck rover and main man in the middle of the qooty field. We'll see if he handle the pressure and the heat.

King Tenz : The rookie sensation from the Dragons was a hot commodity and big talking point of last season. 'Where was he going?' well he ended up right here at Spotswood with the Old Boys. A very adept qooty player already, averaging more than 17 disposals and 5 marks a game last season. We'll see if King Tenz can keep improving even further in his second season.

DemurePrincess was another rookie from last season that caught the eye of the Old Boys recruitment staff. Will they flourish under new leadership this season? We'll see...

Chipmunk : The surprising return of the Chip has sent shockwaves through Sweet-FA. Like the second coming of Jesus, the little furry animal descended back down from the general discussion board to play qooty once again. A big player and big time poster. Will be a huge watch this season to see how he fits in at the Bears.

Tip: Old Boys have some big ins so it will be closer than people think, but I still believe Bears will come out on top. Bears by 13

Captains please submit your team sheets by midnight Thursday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bears please note: Don't forget to bring your Bronze Level Swipe Cards so you can seamless get through our security screening process

BRONZE ACCESS.jpg

As your club is Bronze you must go through full security screening and only access Spotswood Oval for Qooty purposes only. On entry to Spotswood Campus you will all be screened by metal detectors for the possession of guns, weapons and dangerous objects. On exit of Spotswood Campus the Bears will be screened by metal detectors and OOB Security will inspect the contents of any brief case, knapsack, purse or parcel that may contain stolen goods.

Bears please note: Don't forget to bring your Bronze Level Swipe Cards so you can seamless get through our security screening process

View attachment 1894499

As your club is Bronze you must go through full security screening and only access Spotswood Oval for Qooty purposes only. On entry to Spotswood Campus you will all be screened by metal detectors for the possession of guns, weapons and dangerous objects. On exit of Spotswood Campus the Bears will be screened by metal detectors and OOB Security will inspect the contents of any brief case, knapsack, purse or parcel that may contain stolen goods.
How much for the club to upgrade to Silver? Still a step down for me but I like these people

How much for the club to upgrade to Silver? Still a step down for me but I like these people
All club levels are reviewed by the OOB Board of Directors at the end of the season. Clubs can be elevated for a number of reasons such as we had fun with them during the season, support in committee voting matters, giving the Captain incentives without anyone at Spotswood knowing ;)

Back