AFLW Season 7 Qualifying Final v Adelaide @Ikon Park, Friday 4 November 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will say it again , really impressed with Makins first season with us. Tonite , apart from an attempt to shrug off a tackle , had a near perfect game . Knows when to go forward , is hard to tackle , has done what most Irish Women can't do and learnt to how to bounce the ball on the run , knows how to "sell candy " , and doesn't mostly try to be smarter than she is .
I think we have found a gem .
Yeah looks a great player already.
Love the big TMac style candy she sells. So exaggerated but works a charm

Such a weird decision to move our home final to ikon against an intersate side

But the pies with their big supporter base playing another vic team are allowed to sellout victoria park

Such a weird decision to move our home final to ikon against an intersate side

But the pies with their big supporter base playing another vic team are allowed to sellout victoria park
My theory ,
(a) the soft utensil commentary team would rather sit in a media box at Carlton than rough it at Casey .
(b) The AFL decided too many could watch the game for free at Casey .
I cannot find any explanation for the game being played at Ikon , and i assume our prelim will be there too .

I believe Ikon Park's lights, rather than relying on temporary ones at Casey Fields, were the number one factor.

But I guess that will be put to the test next week, because by the same logic Richmond's home semi should definitely also be Friday night at Ikon Park.

This was the funnest game I've been to in ages. First quarter had me worried, but once we goaled you could tell we'd reel them in. That silver haired bloke was an outrageously bad umpire - overturned a ballup from the controlling umpire when Sherriff was tackled with no prior, as well as all the rest. *ing shocker.

Bonus: my daughter got her cap signed by a couple players and a picture with Eden

Looks like if we make the Granny with the lions we might get an 'Away' final at Marvel. Cricket Australia will not allow the use of the Gabba (Whcih with all due respect is fair, the AFL shouldn't be pushing its fixtures into the time frames of other sports, play within your window. Although highly unfair for the lions).

Metricon is also ruled out with the only avalible option Moreton Bay, Which the AFL does not see is a Grand Final venue

Looks like if we make the Granny with the lions we might get an 'Away' final at Marvel. Cricket Australia will not allow the use of the Gabba (Whcih with all due respect is fair, the AFL shouldn't be pushing its fixtures into the time frames of other sports, play within your window. Although highly unfair for the lions).

Metricon is also ruled out with the only avalible option Moreton Bay, Which the AFL does not see is a Grand Final venue
unfair as it may be, * 'em.

unfair as it may be, * 'em.
Oh yeah, on my biased side, i love this. But when i take my team hat off i can see how that sucks, but it's mainly the AFL fixtring stupidly

Speaking of fixturing stupidly. Richmond are supposedly allowed to keep their home final despite the ground sold out and three other higher capcity venues being avalible. That said social media absolutely giving it to Gale for suddenly having a different opinon on lower capacity home ground games. Funny how AFL teams change their tune when they're the home team and want to win

ITs also annoying they haven't said what day the Prelim Final will be. Makes it hard to plan anything

UPDATE: Open training at Ikon Park which means Prelim almost confirmed at Ikon Park.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back