Society & Culture Seinfeld

Remove this Banner Ad

Seinfeld is dated by the fashion, decor, tech etc. but it doesn't detract from the show. The Wire didn't suddenly become sh*t because they use pagers and payphones. Quality is quality.

Never said it was s**t. I actually own a collectors edition box set.

I wonder if it will be considered quality in another 30 years or if things would have changed too much. Like being in the 90s and watching Laurel and Hardy or something.

Another babka?
“Cinnamon takes a back seat to no Bobka. People love cinnamon. It should be on tables at restaurants along with salt and pepper. Anytime anyone says, "Oh This is so good. What's in it?" The answer invariably comes back, Cinnamon. Cinnamon.”

“Another Babka?” is for some reason one of my favourite lines. Cracks me up.

I love this show so much, watched about 4 episodes this morning. It’s just constant gold.

iu

I love George's take on relationships, LOL!

George: If she would just take a plane somewhere.
Jerry: And what, hope for a crash?
George: It happens.
Jerry: You know what the odds are on a crash? It's a million to one.
George: It's something. It's hope!

George: It's coming, Jerry. It's coming.
Jerry: What's coming?
George: The day.
Jerry: Ah, the day.
George: We ordered the wedding invitations today. Nothing can stop it now. Nothing. It's here! It's happening. Can I do this? I can't do this! Look at me. Look at me. I can't do this! I can't do this! Help me, Jerry, help me.
Jerry: Why don't you just break it off with her? Tell her it's over.
George: I can't.
Jerry: Why not?
George: 'cause I can't face that scene. You know what kind of scene that would be? I'd rather be unhappy for the rest of my life than go through something like that. I can't! I can't! I've tried to psyche myself up a million times, I cannot go through that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still waiting on NEtflix to fix the aspect ratio so I can finish watching this. Only got up to season 7 or so before Stan lost it :(
Yeah I don’t know what they did but picture quality via Netflix went to s**t once they took it over a couple of months back.

Up to season 8, after all these years it’s still awesome. I think I liked seasons sort of 3,4,5 the best.

------------

I can't believe I only just found out that George and Newman both own super nintendos, while Jerry has NES games. Doesn't surprise me that these characters would, but yeah was too busy watching them to actually see the consoles. This show gets even more cool 30 years on. You could definitely imagine them arguing during the console wars

tetcmkj2ind81.jpg

gsu9ezep2xs81.jpg

c4nk7kmccw071.jpg

Never said it was s**t. I actually own a collectors edition box set.

I wonder if it will be considered quality in another 30 years or if things would have changed too much. Like being in the 90s and watching Laurel and Hardy or something.
I've been working my through them over the last 12 months or so.

Fashion is dated, sure. But I think nineties fashion in general was crap looking back, it picked up around 2006 and is just starting to get s**t again.

Comedy dates. But surprisingly, Seinfeld not so much. The plotlines and writing may not be as fresh as they once were, but still make me laugh.

One thing that doesn't date though is good acting. Good comic acting, especially by Julia LD, Jason Alexander and Jerry Stiller in particular; but they all play their parts well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back