Rumour Serious Tension between Bell and Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Bell honestly wants the best for the club and have success.
However his role allows him to be overpowering in too many areas.
He really shouldn’t be involved in match day build up and the game itself.
Love the passion of the guy. But it’s clear it’s having an effect on list management and coaches.
Had the same problem with Ross, trying to do too much.
This club buys in, sells hope with players. Never looks internally.
Next they will blame the soft salary cap for off field limitations.
The silence is deafening from Alcock.

Don Pyke.
He had the Crows playing fast high scoring footy.

Crows have always had good forwards, Freo on the other hand treat the drafting of forwards as an afterthought.

If Freo played a more attacking game style I am sure that would benefit our existing forwards as they are currently starved of space with the opposition flooding back so often with our constipated ball movement.

It's so frustrating to watch and I am sure the players are frustrated also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My (current player) source previously said Bell's a really funny, passionate and compassionate leader and wants the best for the club, but can come across really intense.

I wonder if he crosses the line a bit more with JL as they're former teammates and JL's a relatively young/unproven coach - whereas he probably couldn't have managed that with RTB.

Pressure does a lot to leaders - it's the difference between 48k rocking up to a Friday night game during school hols and 30k rocking up a couple of weeks later (possibly) after a couple of putrid performances.

Like it or not, a few coaching and management errors can mean the difference of a million or so every fortnight.

What if JL had a gameplan that utilised the strengths of Acres and Logue and Mundy 🤔

Mundy was 37, Logue was a defender playing forward and Acres only played well for one season. If the game plan revolved around those 3 JLo is worse than I thought.

It was more of an inconsistency. After Fyfe was pulled from the game an hour before bounce down, JL said he’d be out for 2 weeks in the post match presser. It was the north game.
By Monday he’d changed his tune completely and told Ryan Daniels he could be back before the next weekend.
Said something to Daniels like “he was never really out to be honest of next weekend, I’m not sure where that came from” or words to that effect.

As it turns out he was out, and still is out.
But it smacked of bell telling JL between sat and Monday to change his story for the tv interview.
It was just really weird and I remember noticing it at the time.
Fyfe has Plantar, that is not a simple injury to overcome and it requires weeks of rest/nothing to have a shot at overcoming it. I'm not sure there's anything here tbh.

I think opposition game plans have changed/altered and it directly counters what JLo had installed as our game plan. Teams are going faster once they create a turnover this season and this directly affects our zone defense.
Top that off with young midfielders and forwards and our mistakes are AMPLIFIED as we are witnessing.
We need to NOT kick so long into the forward line and instead chip it around the forward half trying to find a mark as our turnovers are going straight back the other way and we do not have the marking forwards to kick deep.

Bells should go if JLo does & thats prob not far away. But s**t seems to slide off Bell & leaves him smelling like roses.

Garlick is on the way home. Freo is just trying to minimise the damage.

Bell is likely on a wink from Alcock since he didnt take up North job.

You sure Garlick is going? Club released a statement recenmtly saying the complete opposite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back