Seriously -Has the time come for Sydney to drop Buddy Franklin?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still good enough to be out there it's just they kick to him everytime even if he's double teamed and there is another open Swan in forward 50. Happened a bunch of times in today's game. They need to have some come to jesus team meeting where they all dmit their problem and commit to not being so buddy focussed. If he was just playing like regular player he's in the best 22

He’s done alright for himself, reckon this is his last season though, time to look ahead.

Probably could have retired last year. Nonetheless one of the greatest forwards to have played the game in modern times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from Reid who is semi-permanently injured, all of the Swans' other KPF options are relatively young and inexperienced.

Even if he's not as his best anymore, Buddy still commands a good defender and makes the opposition worry about him. If that takes some pressure and focus off their developing young talls, I reckon Sydney would be happy with that.

He is done at this level. Wish I could feel sorry for him. But he has had one hell of a football life.

Doesn't look in tip top shape to me. Noticeable gut on him now. Always had it but some of the vision form today's game was unflattering.

Compare footballers who are now in their mid 30's and they still look in peak physical shape. Pendlebury, Boak, Riewoldt, Smith.
Franklin could always get away with it due to his natural brilliance but not anymore.

He's still good enough to be out there it's just they kick to him everytime even if he's double teamed and there is another open Swan in forward 50. Happened a bunch of times in today's game. They need to have some come to jesus team meeting where they all dmit their problem and commit to not being so buddy focussed. If he was just playing like regular player he's in the best 22
This.

Still best 22 but the rest of the side have to stop bombing the ball on his head so much and utilise Heeney more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back