SFL - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight sets Schnail for the hapless Demons. What disaster the final
Yep, straight sets. Congrats to Shannon Motlop and his team, they played all over Mildura, not enough old heads at Mildura me thinks, beaten by the body and more importantly, the brain. Speaking of brains , please let's not see Billy Stevens with a whistle in his hand next week, it's not about you Billy.... Leave the show to the players. Next weeks game will be awesome...!!!!

Houso's... Are you a mildura fan Vanderhum? No alvey and no mathews (even though he played..) = no mildura. The dees have been cocky all year and didnt deserve a GF birth. A lot of cocky demon supporters at the game yesterday who turned into w***ers once the game was over.
Back to Back for the bad boys I think.

Houso's... Are you a mildura fan Vanderhum? No alvey and no mathews (even though he played..) = no mildura. The dees have been cocky all year and didnt deserve a GF birth. A lot of cocky demon supporters at the game yesterday who turned into ******s once the game was over.
Back to Back for the bad boys I think.
Haha Houso's, that's not a bad description really. One one thing stands in the way of the bad boys WallyDog, that's Imps. I do believe that imps would have wanted to play the demons rather than the Tigers, might be some mental scars from last year. Different side the Tigers this year, no Jacko, no Moncur, no Campbell, Faulkhead, Oldham, etc.
Can't wait, Imps by 8 goals me thinks....

Imps and red cliffs... lets bring back some huge biffo like the early 90's... apparently if you play for imps and break somebody's jaw you get away with it due to lack of evidence... thats what happens when you have 4 of the 8 ppl on the league board... tigers beat mildura yesterday with motlop for only half the game... the green machine are in trouble if he fires...

Imps and red cliffs... lets bring back some huge biffo like the early 90's... apparently if you play for imps and break somebody's jaw you get away with it due to lack of evidence... thats what happens when you have 4 of the 8 ppl on the league board... tigers beat mildura yesterday with motlop for only half the game... the green machine are in trouble if he fires...
Just don't go spittin in their faces I say, don't reckon there's too many that can throw any now that Jacko is out to pasture.... Imps shooting for their 20th, Houso's (I just love that) shooting for their 11th. It'll be last man standing stuff....

Bit harsh Schnail73... he said in the paper he didnt do it... just like saying dont king hit blokes. The league doesnt like the "houso's"

Bit harsh Schnail73... he said in the paper he didnt do it... just like saying dont king hit blokes. The league doesnt like the "houso's"
The difference was that in one case there was enough evidence to charge and suspend, the other there was not. Nothing to do with the amount of people on the board. Evidence from many people confirmed the event, suspended, done and dusted. The league loves the Houso's, if they didn't there was enough evidence last year to strip them of more points then they did for the player points fiasco, in the end the league won out with a huge gate at the GF. Win win for everyone, other than imps of course who lost the granny...

Should be a belter of a game, disappointing that it's not at Number one but will still draw a big crowd even if the green machine don't have a huge following. Perhaps they could bring their premiership cups to fill the gaps in the crowd, may not be enough room for the houso's !!!! Can you cash dole cheques at the footy ? might be an idea to get someone cashed up from centre link and they could set a record in the beer shed, and of course boost their supplies of woodies. Back to the footy. Imps will have enough to cover the houso's Coleman McNally and the Hards lads will have too much skill and will get the job done. The big plus for the green men is last year, they are an improved team and as Schnail indicated early in the thread, the houso's are not the team that got the job done in 2014

Last edited:
Should be a belter of a game, disappointing that it's not at Number one but will still draw a big crowd even if the green machine don't have a huge following. Perhaps they could bring their premiership cups to fill the gaps in the crowd, may not be enough room for the houso's !!!! Can you cash dole cheques at the footy ? might be an idea to get someone cashed up from centre link and they could set a record in the beer shed, and of course boost their supplies of woodies. Back to the footy. Imps will have enough to cover the houso's Coleman McNally and the Hards lads will have too much skill and will get the job done. The big plus for the green men is last year, they are an improved team and as Schnail indicated early in the thread, the houso's are not the team that got the job done in 2014

Its going to be a small crowd where ever you go on Saturday!!!???

Maybe it takes a few years of playing finals to realise that pressure free football wont get you over the line, even on the bigger oval Mildura would of been backing their usage and run to get over RC, but its a lot harder to hit targets and keep running if your picking yourself up of the ground or looking over your shoulder.

Maybe it takes a few years of playing finals to realise that pressure free football wont get you over the line, even on the bigger oval Mildura would of been backing their usage and run to get over RC, but its a lot harder to hit targets and keep running if your picking yourself up of the ground or looking over your shoulder.
Spot on MM, as good as Mildura's ball use is, the crash and bang of senior finals football if completely different. We may have seen the signs of the in the middle and latter stages of the year also when Imps started to catch them in the race to the minor premiership, and ultimately overhaul them at the end. Saying that, if the likes of M Rogerson, J Vallence, Kerr, T Martin, I Cavallo, B Deckert and M Healy stick around, their young talent is as good as any other sides, if not the best. They just need to convert some of their junior success into senior success, and that can take some time.

Spot on MM, as good as Mildura's ball use is, the crash and bang of senior finals football if completely different. We may have seen the signs of the in the middle and latter stages of the year also when Imps started to catch them in the race to the minor premiership, and ultimately overhaul them at the end. Saying that, if the likes of M Rogerson, J Vallence, Kerr, T Martin, I Cavallo, B Deckert and M Healy stick around, their young talent is as good as any other sides, if not the best. They just need to convert some of their junior success into senior success, and that can take some time.

Wow Schnail, has the BF sensors put you on probation, the last time I read such timid stuff Enid Blyton was Weilding the quill. Where is the acid tonsils of days past? I would have thought Houso's up against one of the most successful Country Clubs in Victoria would have evoked some passion, some torrid quotes, some of the Schnail we have come to know. The same Schnail who warmed up with a 4 inch angle grinder to sharpen the elbows. Back to the footy, this will be back to the future for the SFL The big dance is going to be a war of attrition and I am tipping "the biff is back" There will be some great footy but it will be what is happening off the ball that will bring back the days when Schnail was running around in the white shorts. Imps in a close one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to Back!!! Yesssss....
A few pretty funny puns their Vanderhum, any jokes about Red Cliffs winning the flag? Just wondering mate, any chance I can cash my dole cheque this evening, as I'm about to have another drink out at Quandong Park. Might have a woody actually.

Up the Tigers

A few pretty funny puns their Vanderhum, any jokes about Red Cliffs winning the flag? Just wondering mate, any chance I can cash my dole cheque this evening, as I'm about to have another drink out at Quandong Park. Might have a woody actually.

Up the Tigers
Great stuff the red cliffs tigers, exploited the fact that imps don't have a plan B when plan A doesn't work. As I said in earlier threads, Shannon Motlop is clearly the best coach in the SNFL. He knew and understood the weaknesses of his opposition, and worked them over. Please, someone in the SFNL needs to approach SM and get him to coach/mentor the SFNL interleague squad. Every club represented will get something out of this blokes footy brain, and his approach. Up the Houso's..... And that's coming from a longtime Imps supporter....

Up the Tigers
Back to back is a big tick so congrats to the housos, a terrific effort and S Motlop was the difference. Just some advice on your use of "their" usually spelling in this context applies to the possessive and the word "there" applies to place. For example and I will keep it simple. The housos live over there beside the tip. And The housos had their woodies stolen.

Back to back is a big tick so congrats to the housos, a terrific effort and S Motlop was the difference. Just some advice on your use of "their" usually spelling in this context applies to the possessive and the word "there" applies to place. For example and I will keep it simple. The housos live over there beside the tip. And The housos had their woodies stolen.

Then there's....................................

At Imps they're still wondering what happened.

Great stuff the red cliffs tigers, exploited the fact that imps don't have a plan B when plan A doesn't work. As I said in earlier threads, Shannon Motlop is clearly the best coach in the SNFL. He knew and understood the weaknesses of his opposition, and worked them over. Please, someone in the SFNL needs to approach SM and get him to coach/mentor the SFNL interleague squad. Every club represented will get something out of this blokes footy brain, and his approach. Up the Houso's..... And that's coming from a longtime Imps supporter....

He was. He was an assistant coach, just missed the game due to his ankle injury.

Anyone heard anymore updates on Ouyen joining the SFL in 2015?
Any thoughts?
Heard they wanna come as the kangas and wear the North Melbourne jumper. Obviously Wenty are the Roos so identity clash, as well as the the jumper clashing with Merbein and South.

Heard they wanna come as the kangas and wear the North Melbourne jumper. Obviously Wenty are the Roos so identity clash, as well as the the jumper clashing with Merbein and South.
nick Names shouldnt be an issue in Maryborough Castlemaine Royal Park and Lexton are both Tigers wear similar gurnsey royal park richmond and lexton has more grey and same in CHFL Carnham linton and Creswick both red white and black

Wentworth wear the Bulldogs jumper & call themselves the Kangaroos, just like South Mildura wear the Cats jumpers & call themselves the Bulldogs. Never been able to work that one out

LOOKING TO MOVE TO THE COAST ?? THE BELMONT LIONS FOOTBALL CLUB IN THE GDFL (GEELONG) REQUIRE A PLAYING OR NON PLAYING COACH FOR 2016 SEASON,THE POSITION WILL BE ADVERTISED ON 10/10 IN THE GEELONG ADVERTISER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back