SFL DIV3 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

You think Dandy, Ashwood or Hallam haven't tried double or triple teaming him? Even if that works it creates free men for Mount.

I went and watched the CPL game today and can't say any of there defender's have enough size to take him one on one.

If you watched CPL you would of seen Trent Downie played for Carrum. Moor/Downie were Chelsea Heights FB/CHB combo for the 2012 Div 1 grand final. Do you seriously think Moor can't take Gough?

CPL has a Div 1 back line with Moor, Downie, Dent, McMurray and Bertrand. 3 of them were missing today.

Barr absolutely dominated today along with Mouritz, these two are two of the best in the league.

If you watched CPL you would of seen Trent Downie played for Carrum. Moor/Downie were Chelsea Heights FB/CHB combo for the 2012 Div 1 grand final. Do you seriously think Moor can't take Gough?

CPL has a Div 1 back line with Moor, Downie, Dent, McMurray and Bertrand. 3 of them were missing today.

Barr absolutely dominated today along with Mouritz, these two are two of the best in the league.

Guess we will find out round 6? Hopefully both teams are full strength

M
You think Dandy, Ashwood or Hallam haven't tried double or triple teaming him? Even if that works it creates free men for Mount.

I went and watched the CPL game today and can't say any of there defender's have enough size to take him one on one.

Mcmurray has played in the last 4 years on the likes of holt, baskaya, waite and suraez in casey cardina league, gough couldnt even carry there bags so as if he or any of cpl's backline are worried about a sfl divvy 3 full forward

So your saying Moor can do better one on one with Gough than the first 3 teams this year triple teaming him ?

Agreed they have played the bottom 3 sides but Mount has put them there, would like to know how CPL plan on stopping big J. Gough. He's kicked 6-7-11 his first 3 games. And judging from there best players in the first few it looks like the Beecroft and Stacey show in the guts.

Lyndale might not be as good as first thought? 70 points to a team you should really be challenging if you want to have any chance in finals.

Lyndale were up at half time and playing good footy, then after half time CPL had the breeze and made the most of it, (kicking 6-7 goals I think) and Lyndale for some reason put there heads down and CPL made the most of it, just running over the top, kicking goal after goal. They were good to watch from then on. There going to be a hard side to beat once some of guys that missed come back in.
Can't lose by that much if you want to be 'contenders'!!!

Hahaha **** your full of s**t mate, been reading this forum for the last few weeks n just laughing.
I play at Mt Waverley, in the Seniors and I transferred from the EFL last year. The reason I transferred is because I started my footy at Mount and wanted to play with my mates again, it was the exact same reason for 5 others blokes that came back. Another transfer we had was a bloke I work with who was keen to play some senior footy. I think there is one player who we have signed up that we didn't already know. And the only reason he is playing with us is because he can't be bothered driving 3 hours to Wangaratta to play and he lives the next street over from Mayfield reserve. None of us get paid a cent I know that for a fact, so not sure where your getting all this information from but it's all a load of s**t.

Ahh, so you are one of the guys that crossed over from the EFL, pumping your own tyres, not getting a kick in the first three games earning the ire of your president, and was also told to shut your mouth during games for telling the opposition that you get paid more for one game than they get in a month at work? Then to take it a step further you jump on here to say no one gets paid, oh my!!!!!
Oh, and when you come in here to try and talk yourself up a bit, please refrain from saying I am one of those players that crossed from EFL. The four of you who crossed were from East Burwood, Ringwood, Ferntree Gully and Glen Waverley, lol. Hardly teams worthy of saying they were of any great standard, and none of the four of you were any good in crappy teams, so that brings me to the point of how you could even live with yourself for asking a southern division 3 club to pay you money? you guys are a joke and I hope that you lose another grand final for trying to take everyone for a ride. I for one, will certainly be cheering on Lyndale, Black Rock, CPL and all the other teams to beat you based on the fact you thought you could buy a premiership, and with 2nd rate footballers nonetheless.

Bahahhahaha Jesus Christ you have no clue.

I came from Montrose ( sitting on top of the ladder undefeated in division 1 EFL ) played there the past 2 years and played in back to back undefeated premierships. The club only lost 2 games both by 1 point. ) So yeh s**t standard of footy.

The other blokes who transferred came from Mulgrave, East Burwood, Wangaratta & Old Hailebury. So you were close with 1 out of 6.

And not sure how I have been coming on here
talked mg myself up n talking s**t when my first post was to reply to your stupid post. I had to make an account just to reply to defend myself and my team mates from your allogations.

Your a dead set flog, who ever you are. Get a life instead of coming on here making up stories about people and a club that you obviously have something against.

Ahh, so you are one of the guys that crossed over from the EFL, pumping your own tyres, not getting a kick in the first three games earning the ire of your president, and was also told to shut your mouth during games for telling the opposition that you get paid more for one game than they get in a month at work? Then to take it a step further you jump on here to say no one gets paid, oh my!!!!!
Oh, and when you come in here to try and talk yourself up a bit, please refrain from saying I am one of those players that crossed from EFL. The four of you who crossed were from East Burwood, Ringwood, Ferntree Gully and Glen Waverley, lol. Hardly teams worthy of saying they were of any great standard, and none of the four of you were any good in crappy teams, so that brings me to the point of how you could even live with yourself for asking a southern division 3 club to pay you money? you guys are a joke and I hope that you lose another grand final for trying to take everyone for a ride. I for one, will certainly be cheering on Lyndale, Black Rock, CPL and all the other teams to beat you based on the fact you thought you could buy a premiership, and with 2nd rate footballers nonetheless.

I came from Montrose ( sitting on top of the ladder undefeated in division 1 EFL ) played there the past 2 years and played in back to back undefeated premierships. The club only lost 2 games both by 1 point. ) So yeh s**t standard of footy.

The other blokes who transferred came from Mulgrave, East Burwood, Wangaratta & Old Hailebury. So you were close with 1 out of 6.

talked mg myself up n talking s**t when my first post was to reply to your stupid post. I had to make an account just to reply to defend myself and my team mates from your allogations.

Your a dead set flog, who ever you are. Get a life instead of coming on here making up stories about people and a club that you obviously have something against.

You've been pretty impressive so far Ben, I watched your mob against Dandenong, and you will be hard to beat this year.

You'll have your work cutout round 6 though, Mouritz is undoubtedly the best player in Div 3, so when the two of you lineup on each other up at Mayfield, it should be a cracker. I think with yourself and Beecroft you've probably got a better midfield, but Barr in the ruck evens things out a fair bit.

You've been pretty impressive so far Ben, I watched your mob against Dandenong, and you will be hard to beat this year.

You'll have your work cutout round 6 though, Mouritz is undoubtedly the best player in Div 3, so when the two of you lineup on each other up at Mayfield, it should be a cracker. I think with yourself and Beecroft you've probably got a better midfield, but Barr in the ruck evens things out a fair bit.

Cheers mate, we are under no illusions about ourselves or CPL. We are well aware its only round 3 and we have played what's looking like teams that won't play finals, but we have had some really good results and i think we are playing some really good footy at the moment. We understand CPL have picked up some quality players but so have we, to be completely honest I haven't really thought about playing them yet. I'm just looking forward to what should be a really good contest against Black Rock this weekend.

I enjoy reading everyones tips and predictions for the week but it's people like BFC10 that come on here and ruin it with rumors and crap like that.

ummmm, ok, this year is their first year in Division 1, and even though EFL div 2 and 3 is better than sfl div # (no doubt about it) you can not speculate how good Montrose are by being on top this year, as you left because either you couldn't handle the jump in standard, or you were told to walk because to compete, Montrose had to pick up a number of players, and those players would towel you up every day of the week, leaving you as a 2's player at Montrose in 2014, and that Ben, is not all that great a standard of football.
And I believe it was you that made the statement about being paid more than what the ashwood player would get in a month from working. so u are full of sh1t there, so if u aren't getting paid, then obviously u are trying to big note yourself to the opposition by making it sound like u get paid. bet it hurt the tiny bit of pride u have left by being told of by that certain committee member who heard it, but then again that's why u jumped back into the small pond again wasn't it, ur pride took a pounding at Montrose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a farqing idiot. Like really really stupid.

Show your face at our training sometime this week and we will show you our books. Players don't get paid, it's that simple. Or simply show the proof that anyone is being paid. You can't, because no one is. And the truth of the matter is we simply cannot afford to, like almost all the other Div 3 clubs.

I don't believe you could actually be this stupid though - I bet you're just on here trying to WUM us.

Jog on you absolute knobber.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone who actually went to games give a summary of those games.

Sure. I've hopped across a couple of different divs so far this year, but I've seen CPL the last two weeks and saw Mt W. in week 1. Great atmosphere as always down there, and they are a club really going places imo.

Lyndale were right in it at half time, CPL were a bit wayward in the first quarter and Lyndale had a bit of a run on in the second qtr, with a large breeze favoring one end. The second half was a different story though, Barr in particular took control in the middle and pretty much monstered them around the ground, Mouritz would of had 35+ and a couple of goals for the second week in a row. Lucas was pretty good playing in the guts at times, especially early. Trent Downie was good, as expected at this level.

Dalton didn't play, so they have a shortish forward line, but it's pretty effective, March was pretty quiet after kicking 9 last week, one of their u/19's kicked 5.

Bertrand and Dent were arguably their best 2 players in Rnd's 1 and 2, both didn't play, and when you add Downie to that, it really is an awesome backline for this level, I'm not lying when I say that they would have one of the best backlines in all 3 divisions outside of St Pauls and E.Brighton, they are certainly in the debate.

MY tips for Rnd 4:

Lyndale vs Ashwood - 40pts
Endeavour Hills vs Sandown - 15pts
South Yarra vs CPL - 100pts
Dandenong vs Hallam - 10 pts
Mt Waverley vs Black Rock - 30 pts

Last edited:
I have seen CPL once this year and they have a good set up at their ground and have a good junior set up. I reckon they will do well again this year, do we know if any other clubs have shown interest in joining the SFL? I think the last 2 join was CPL after Endeavour and Hallam?? Good to see Doveton competitive in Div 2. Nice turnaround in last few years post Giddons

Lyndale vs Ashwood - 67pts

Lyndale will smash them...

Endeavour Hills vs Sandown - 18pts

Endeavour Hills at home should win...

South Yarra vs CPL - 120pts

CPL too experienced...

Dandenong vs Hallam - 22 pts

Hallam for there first win...

Mt Waverley vs Black Rock - 45 pts

Mt Waverly to continue there dominant form...

Lyndale by 10 goals
Sandown with the return of 3-4 senior players
CPL by 20 goals. Best team I've played against in div 3.
Hallam by 2 goals
Black Rock by a goal in what should be game of the round.

Lyndale by 10 goals
Sandown with the return of 3-4 senior players
CPL by 20 goals. Best team I've played against in div 3.
Hallam by 2 goals
Black Rock by a goal in what should be game of the round.

CPL are better than Doveton last season?

How about you tell me who you are now you know who I am and seem to know me so well?

This will be my last post because I never really wanted to contribute just read, so I'll leave you with this. I loved playing at Montrose it improved my footy massively and I learnt a lot under Brett Johnson, the reason I left was because as most people know at a club like that they have the money and all the people in the world helping out, it's very family orrientated and 90% of the 1's played there juniors there. Which is great but the politics at a club like that make it hard for blokes like me to crack the side, I wasn't alone. There were maybe 10+ players in the 2's with me who got lured in by the money of playing senior footy but would rarely crack the 1's. Which made our 2's side very strong hence the 2 undefeated flags.

My pride didn't take a punding, I'm very proud to say I was good enough to play in that senior team a few times with the likes of Brett Johnson & Dean Stephen. I left a better footballer and person and I learnt heaps which ive taken with me to Mount Waverley.

The reason I returned was purely to play with mates and because it was stupid to keep traveling an hour to and from training 3 nights a week from Cheltenham. I don't get paid a cent at Mount Waverley that is fact, and there was never any promises of premierships or transfers back to the EFL like.you suggested.

And as for this comment I aparantly made that a committee member aparantly spoke to me about, I think your talking about the ashwood game? The comment I made was to the Ashwood FB that is on $600 a game "you earn more a game than I do a week" after he got 7 kicked on him and dragged himself.

Cbf with this anymore lol I'm out, see you all during the year!

ummmm, ok, this year is their first year in Division 1, and even though EFL div 2 and 3 is better than sfl div # (no doubt about it) you can not speculate how good Montrose are by being on top this year, as you left because either you couldn't handle the jump in standard, or you were told to walk because to compete, Montrose had to pick up a number of players, and those players would towel you up every day of the week, leaving you as a 2's player at Montrose in 2014, and that Ben, is not all that great a standard of football.
And I believe it was you that made the statement about being paid more than what the ashwood player would get in a month from working. so u are full of sh1t there, so if u aren't getting paid, then obviously u are trying to big note yourself to the opposition by making it sound like u get paid. bet it hurt the tiny bit of pride u have left by being told of by that certain committee member who heard it, but then again that's why u jumped back into the small pond again wasn't it, ur pride took a pounding at Montrose.

CPL are better than Doveton last season?

To be honest, yes.
We probably went 50/50 in the middle, but there back line was unbelievable. They kept reloading and scoring from half back.
There all mature players and read the play very well.

They looked good when I saw CPL, as you said a very strong rebounding back line, hard to get through..

How about you tell me who you are now you know who I am and seem to know me so well?

This will be my last post because I never really wanted to contribute just read, so I'll leave you with this. I loved playing at Montrose it improved my footy massively and I learnt a lot under Brett Johnson, the reason I left was because as most people know at a club like that they have the money and all the people in the world helping out, it's very family orrientated and 90% of the 1's played there juniors there. Which is great but the politics at a club like that make it hard for blokes like me to crack the side, I wasn't alone. There were maybe 10+ players in the 2's with me who got lured in by the money of playing senior footy but would rarely crack the 1's. Which made our 2's side very strong hence the 2 undefeated flags.

My pride didn't take a punding, I'm very proud to say I was good enough to play in that senior team a few times with the likes of Brett Johnson & Dean Stephen. I left a better footballer and person and I learnt heaps which ive taken with me to Mount Waverley.

The reason I returned was purely to play with mates and because it was stupid to keep traveling an hour to and from training 3 nights a week from Cheltenham. I don't get paid a cent at Mount Waverley that is fact, and there was never any promises of premierships or transfers back to the EFL like.you suggested.

And as for this comment I aparantly made that a committee member aparantly spoke to me about, I think your talking about the ashwood game? The comment I made was to the Ashwood FB that is on $600 a game "you earn more a game than I do a week" after he got 7 kicked on him and dragged himself.

Cbf with this anymore lol I'm out, see you all during the year!

No need to explain yourself mate, it is people like BFC10 that have nothing better to do than stir the pot. Spoiling forums like this for everyone else.

Anyway.

Early tips for the weekend.

Lyndale v Ashwood - 18 points
Will be alot closer than most think, Lyndale went missing against CPL after leading at half time.
Ashwood should be fit enough to push em.

Endeavour Hills v Sandown - 4 points
Hard to pick, haven't seen either play yet. The Falcons are in form but think Sandown can bounce back.

South Yarra v CPL - 56 points
CPL too good here, would like to see them put away a team like Mt Waverley have been. This is there chance.

Dandenong v Hallam - 22 points
After a smashing last week Hallam should be hungry to hit back, Dandenong at home is a perfect oppertunity.
But beware the wounded team. Dandy are a rabble but will win one eventually?

Mt Waverley v Black Rock - 32 points
Finally a test for the Mountain Lions, will be good to see how they respond.
Game of the week, ill be at this one!

They looked good when I saw CPL, as you said a very strong rebounding back line, hard to get through..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back