Toast Shane Crawford

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think this board should acknowledge Crawford, one of the Great football personalities of our time, for the huge effort he has put in to do what he has done.

Well done, if any Collingwood players could make half the impact as Crawford we would be very lucky. Legend!!

He is a hero, I really admire Crawf and can't even imagine how tough it would be to ride 90-100kms for 3 weeks and hearing all the sad stories of sufferers when he stops. On ya Crawf!!

How good is that Shane Crawford guy? Kids these days could do worse than look up to him.

Crawf is one of the great people of football. Fantastic with fans. Fantastic with the kids. And has absolutely incredible strength of character and inspiring mental toughness.

He's a beast. An absolute beast and having volunteering with BCNA myself over semester breaks back when I was a uni student I couldn't be more happy to see him helping to raise money for that wonderful charity and generate awareness about what they do.

I find him annoying in the media, but theres no denying he's a top man.

If he doesn't get the nod for Australian of the year I'll bare my backside in Parliament House.

Always been a fan of his ever since me and a few mates downed a few drinks with him and Rayden Tallis at Shooters nightclub one night about 10 years back. Top bloke.

who cares about crawf i met him racing cycling in melb as he was there watching an Olympic cyclist he is friends with, when i was 16 and 17 training with the western australian institute of sport i was riding 200kiloms plus a day for a month witch is longer and harder as i ride faster than he's slow pace like a snail, also done three 24 hour races so 400kiloms plus in a day with no sleep for the heart foundation cos i watched my dad die and don't need tv to raise money, so weak as piss just likes getting he's head on tv and can organize to do this in the public eye easy cos he plays afl. there been proble 5 or 10 cyclist who have done what he did in the past few years for foundations so he did nothing new at all. i would rather talk about harry and he's depression as he is collingwood and not hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who cares about crawf i met him racing cycling in melb as he was there watching an Olympic cyclist he is friends with, when i was 16 and 17 training with the western australian institute of sport i was riding 200kiloms plus a day for a month witch is longer and harder as i ride faster than he's slow pace like a snail, also done three 24 hour races so 400kiloms plus in a day with no sleep for the heart foundation cos i watched my dad die and don't need tv to raise money, so weak as piss just likes getting he's head on tv and can organize to do this in the public eye easy cos he plays afl. there been proble 5 or 10 cyclist who have done what he did in the past few years for foundations so he did nothing new at all. i would rather talk about harry and he's depression as he is collingwood and not hawks.
Mate stay off the piss at night it is doing you no favours,credit where credit is due and it does not matter who Crawford played for.He stuck his hand for a worthy cause and good on him.:thumbsu:

Ps I am sorry about your dad mate but it was a good thing Crawford did and in the light I am sure you will realise this,:rainbow:

Thanks for being a hero, how much did you raise for charity this year?

First of all, there is such a thing as a full stop.
Secondly, no one gives a s**t about how good you are at riding.
Thirdly, tv=money. But judging by the stupidness of you post, you wouldn't really know that would you?
Lastly, can you please name these 5-10 people who have ridden from Melbourne to Perth in 21 days for the BCNA?

Shane is also not a cyclist first. He's a footballer and a retired one. I'd love to see Scotty Cummings post career give it a go. Just sayin'.

So many people in positions of power and leadership in the community choose to do little to nothing to positively influence the lives of others. Shane is incredibly generous to take that time off work to give to a back and share his love with the people and do this when he could just be grazing in front of the couch.

Personally I'd rather talk about and read about something positive than all the negative news stories the media continue to deliver. So as important as Harry's issues are the media should just let him be, let him get over his issues and focus on the good and even better the football analysis which I don't see enough of.

i had a direct personal connection with Shane a few years back, actually in the Hawks premiership year. He was abolutely fantastic to my then late teen aged son. In the course of their activities they came across each other every day, and Crawf just couldn't have been a better, more considerate bloke.
He actually said if they won, he would look out for my son during the lap of honour which he duly did. Also told him that he would retire that year. They used to talk about Crawf running to training and other physical feats, as KM says he is beast for sure.
Just out of interest the other terrific bloke my son dealt with was Sam Mitchell.
(The stories i could tell about Buddy, just wouldnt be believed!!)

i had a direct personal connection with Shane a few years back, actually in the Hawks premiership year. He was abolutely fantastic to my then late teen aged son. In the course of their activities they came across each other every day, and Crawf just couldn't have been a better, more considerate bloke.
He actually said if they won, he would look out for my son during the lap of honour which he duly did. Also told him that he would retire that year. They used to talk about Crawf running to training and other physical feats, as KM says he is beast for sure.
Just out of interest the other terrific bloke my son dealt with was Sam Mitchell.
(The stories i could tell about Buddy, just wouldnt be believed!!)

I'll believe, do tell.

But yeah Crawf is an uber champ!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I get where you're coming from. But I still think we need more of our celebrities to stand up for worthy causes. Surely it's a good thing to set an example?

The only issue I have is that there seems to be a great deal of emphasis and far more publicity given to charities for breast cancer. I have a problem with separating out one gender for special treatment - and that's what I see happening - because what happens is breast cancer gets the lion's share of funding when just as many (if not more) men die of prostate cancer. Funding shouldn't be based on who yells the loudest or gets the most publicity but it's what happens.

I get where you're coming from. But I still think we need more of our celebrities to stand up for worthy causes. Surely it's a good thing to set an example?

The only issue I have is that there seems to be a great deal of emphasis and far more publicity given to charities for breast cancer. I have a problem with separating out one gender for special treatment - and that's what I see happening - because what happens is breast cancer gets the lion's share of funding when just as many (if not more) men die of prostate cancer. Funding shouldn't be based on who yells the loudest or gets the most publicity but it's what happens.

EJ Whitten Legends match was televised last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back