Player Watch #10: Shane Edwards - Retiring at Seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember last year when we were 3-10, a lot of people were saying things like "Edwards is a passenger, why does he get games, he's kicked a goal but that's the only good thing he's done". Then we started winning and he was getting a little bit of praise even though statistically his form didn't change much. Now everyone is praising him on how he is now a gun and how important he is to our 22. But in saying that, he deserves every bit of praise that he has gotten and will get. Just an all round gun.

tiger_of_old is this the bit of play you meant?

t6nSfRx.gif

As the team continues to improve everyone will rise . I think only then we'll start to see the genuine cream of Shane's talent along with a few others. Definitely seems to be underrated by many. But I don't care as he'll hurt teams that don't give him the Respec he deserves...

tiger_of_old is this the bit of play you meant?

t6nSfRx.gif

He stands off a fraction of a second but reacts a split second faster than others around the contest. I just love him. Also tough as for a player his size & fearless.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL - there is enough Sheds quality for all to enjoy!
Although, I'm hardly a Johnny Come Lately - searched back and this is my 3rd pro Edwards thread...
Others were from 2012 & 2010!!!! :D
did blokes on here used to rate him as a spud or something? I dont know as i wasnt here then.

did blokes on here used to rate him as a spud or something? I dont know as i wasnt here then.
There are always some who are quick to make the critical statement.
As little as a couple of years ago there were calls for him to be shipped back to South OZ.

There are always some who are quick to make the critical statement.
As little as a couple of years ago there were calls for him to be shipped back to South OZ.
I hope they are enjoying thier humble pie now , I cant prove it as i wasnt posting here then but i have all ways thought he could be something special. Suprises me how many blokes on here are the glass is half empty type.

On BF Shed was rated right up there with the likes of Jackson a few years back.... one went on to become the Club Champion... the other one of the elite players in our squad! Some posters here really know their footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back