BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
I like many other posters believe that there is something wrong with our footy department. Whether it be coaching, recruiting or player development something is wrong. I believe that whilst Noble was at the club heading the footy department the club enjoyed a lot of success albeit with no premiership. He also enjoyed success at Brisbane in a similar position.

Is it too far fetched to consider trying to get him back in his previous role at the club.

Would like to here peoples opinions but regardless I think we all agree that we have to do something different with our footy department.

No Way Trump GIF by MOODMAN

No - but we should make another play for Neale Balme if he is healthy enough.

Either that, or we ask Blight to come back to the club in some advisory role.

We need a proven winner at the club.

Apart from his stint at North.. noble has been quite successful. Correct me if I'm wrong but was he also part of the team when we had the Tippett saga and also the camp saga?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks. Clarko is our man. Get it down Silvers.
All we need is a good coach and Burgess.
The other appointments that should make are a new Football Director(merge Roo and Kelly's role), new Head of List Management and new Head of Recruiting. 4 appointments would fix the club. I'm not sure how long Olsen has left but I would also like him to step aside for a younger Chairman that won't accept mediocrity.

Last edited:
Need to bring in fresh faces, not old retreads
In a way you only have few options. Bringing in fresh faces can be good because they also bring new ideas. Old faces with success in their CV can also be valuable. Already some have jumped back on the Balme options which is a great option and he is old but with a CV of success. Fresh faces isnt the only option.

The other appointments that should make are a new: Football Director(merge Roo and Kelly's role), new Head of List Management and new Head of Recruiting.
would not go anywhere near Clarko.

We would have been on the blower 0.01 seconds after the announcement dropped this morning
I dont know if it would be a good move or a backward move but he does have a history of being a good manager. If we did phone 0.01 seconds after the annoucement where would that leave Kelly.

The other appointments that should make are a new: Football Director(merge Roo and Kelly's role), new Head of List Management and new Head of Recruiting. 4 appointments would fix the club. I'm not sure how long Olsen has left but I would also like him to step aside for a younger and more provressive Chairman.
How do we get Clarkson? As for the other replacements what about our player development manager. ?

How do we get Clarkson? As for the other replacements what about our player development manager. ?
Clarkson is available and looking for a coaching job. Does anyone think Nick's will not be sacked next year? If you have the best available bring it forward a year early.

Apart from his stint at North.. noble has been quite successful. Correct me if I'm wrong but was he also part of the team when we had the Tippett saga and also the camp saga?
He was gone by the time the Camp saga started (That was Burton) and believe he started as List Manager in 2011 after John Reid had signed Tippett to the deal that got us in trouble as his last act before he retired.

You really need to let the whole Clarko obsession go. It's not happening.

As for Noble, tend to think he'd be an upgrade on Kelly but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the trade table. I think it's best we just find a new replacement for Kelly rather than going back to DN.

He was gone by the time the Camp saga started (That was Burton) and believe he started as List Manager in 2011 after John Reid had signed Tippett to the deal that got us in trouble as his last act before he retired.
If that's the case... why are so many people here against it? I'm not sure about him in a coaching position, but an admin position surely?

Imagine Clarkson having to work with what north's lost management did with their team? His reputation would be in tatters....

Noble left us and took our best young fwd with him...

You really need to let the whole Clarko obsession go. It's not happening.

As for Noble, tend to think he'd be an upgrade on Kelly but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the trade table. I think it's best we just find a new replacement for Kelly rather than going back to DN.
It's not an obsession. Clarko is the best available but I want a quality coach at the club whether it's Clarko or someone else. I don't understand the attitude that we shouldn't go after the best and make it happen. I guess that's the difference between other clubs and the crows. We haven't had a decent coach there since Blight so I don't think it's unreasonable to want a quality coach at the helm.

Back