smashmouth - one very underated band

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
have always been a fan of these guys, first CD i ever bought was a smashmouth CD.

Their early music is something i struggle to find any other musician even get close to, a unique mix of modern-pop/rock with the inclusion of bing band style music.

really hard to believe they havent recieved any acolades from other musicians, especially when you consider their music has had a huge baring on the burrent pop band scene

bullshit, all of you would've thought that "allstar" wasn't too bad a song when you were younger, it's just that now you look back and can't believe you ever liked them.
fwiw, i thought "walking on the sun" was the better song. pity they only really had 5 or so decent years.
as for underrated, i don't think so, i think they got the accolades they deserved, nothing more nothing less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bullshit, all of you would've thought that "allstar" wasn't too bad a song when you were younger, it's just that now you look back and can't believe you ever liked them.
fwiw, i thought "walking on the sun" was the better song. pity they only really had 5 or so decent years.
as for underrated, i don't think so, i think they got the accolades they deserved, nothing more nothing less.

Bullshit. I did not think allstar was ever any good in fact I had to try hard to even remember the song.

Accept the fact some people don't like pop music.

It was rubbish from day one. Same with The Mighty Mighty Bostones. Steaming piles of s**t.

I thought the first album (Fush Yu Mang) wasn't bad - good ska-influenced pop music. Some good tracks (Walking on the Sun, Flo, Why can't we be friends etc) all not long after no doubt dropped the ska stuff. The following album they dropped the ska influence and went into bland pop-by-numbers territory (Allstar, Can't get enough of you baby, etc) and I lost interest. Had their day in the sun, probably too much - definitely not overrated

Nah they have always been pretty crap in my eyes

This band is finally touring Australia

Thier newer music (from the albums "get the picture" and "summer girl") is much better then the music they are famous for

Thier new song "magic," is dominating airwaves in the USA, it is very 90's, but it works

Remove this Banner Ad

Back