Sour Grapes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Several WCE supporters have been quite agitated lately.

The Chemist, Eaglerock, Juddyzthebest, Eaglechika, Chris_Judd, drexel and Vicki just to name a few.

Perhaps it's because they realize Fremantle has emerged as the far superior club in Western Australia. :)

Juddyzthe best is not a bad sort (except when s/he gets a bit emotionally excited...) but the rest are just sucking on sour lemons. haha.

Scared as little kids of the boogie-man....

Yesterday I was speaking to a senior manager who has followed football for many moons (WAFL + AFL) and I had always thought him very knowledgable and balanced in relation to discussing football topics, well balanced is not the word.

He was rabid that Freo are an ordinary side and that the Eagles are better etc. I said to settle down and as the game was a couple of days ago you should be able to look at the game a bit more logically. He just grumbled on that Freo are ferals and Eagles had a bright future. He was saying this in front of a group and the pearler was when he said, "Bell is a soft receiver who feeds off others work, how could he be judged the best player in W.A.", as we wandered away he was told by a Roo supporter to get a copy of the Freo v Adelaide game.

I have noticed someone has put a gigantic lollipop on his desk this morning.

LOL I dont think that im agitated in fact this is just your attempt to get us to bite back at you. However i am not going to do that. I would just like to say as i have previous in a post made on saturday evening that the dockers played extremely well on the weekend and they were the better side, they finished above us on the ladder they won one more game than us. That would indicated that they did have a better year then us overall. I would like to take this opportunity to say good luck to freo in this weeks final against essendon and the entirity of the finals.

Thank you so much for concern about us eagles supporters but we are fine we know the facts and arent denying the facts.

GO EAGLES

Originally posted by eaglechicka
the better side, they finished above us on the ladder they won one more game than us.

No I believe we won 2 more games than you: 14 - 12...

but then you had 2 more draws than us, so I guess that's something positive...;)

(Before you rabid Eagles fans coming out fists swinging... :p , just having some fun... call it trolling if it makes you feel better, but it's on the Freo board so I guess, technically, it's not!)

It's all fun and games, 'til the first home game you concede is an elimination final against essendon.;)

Originally posted by Milkman
It's all fun and games, 'til the first home game you concede is an elimination final against essendon.;)

No doubt I'll be disappointed if we lose, but I won't be out spewing bile and vitriol about the team that beat us if we do.....:)

I think the Eagles best form this year was better than the Dockers best. But the Eagles worst was also worse than the Dockers worst.

Fremantle were more consistent, in other words, and totally deserved to finish where they finished. For the Eagles, games like Collingwood and Brisbane suggest they should have finished higher, but on the other hand games like the Bulldogs, Geelong and St Kilda suggest they are lucky to get in the eight at all.

I for one certainly have no bitterness toward Fremantle - even though we lost I thought last week's game was fantastic, the best the two clubs have played.

Come Friday night I'll be going for the Dockers to give Essendon an absolute walloping.

(You'd better, because we don't have a prayer against Adelaide)

Originally posted by scmods
I think the Eagles best form this year was better than the Dockers best. But the Eagles worst was also worse than the Dockers worst.

Fremantle were more consistent, in other words, and totally deserved to finish where they finished. For the Eagles, games like Collingwood and Brisbane suggest they should have finished higher, but on the other hand games like the Bulldogs, Geelong and St Kilda suggest they are lucky to get in the eight at all.

I for one certainly have no bitterness toward Fremantle - even though we lost I thought last week's game was fantastic, the best the two clubs have played.

Come Friday night I'll be going for the Dockers to give Essendon an absolute walloping.

(You'd better, because we don't have a prayer against Adelaide)

Agreed Scmods.

P.S. Love your rating page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back