SA Speed Cameras

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now, today on Brighton Road at Seacliff Park there was a speed camera on the side going up the hill. I was wondering, if I was coming down the hill, on the opposite side to the camera, can it get me for speeding (I don't think I was anyway)? It was a car with one of those cameras sitting on the bullbar. Cheers.:thumbsu:

won't get you going down hill

I wouldnt be too sure about that.
I have a mate who drove up a hill to drop off something to a friend and the camera got him, 5 minutes later he got done again by the same camera going down the hill on the way home.
$360 in 5 minutes. What a clown.

If it's a 1 lane each way road it may get you going both ways.
If its a 2 lanes each way road you'll probably get off.

My understanding is you have to be on the same side, going the way it's pointing or it can't ping you. It's not a multi focus camera is it?

Have had this discussion with a mate who tested it out to prove his theory.
sorry your theory is horribly wrong. the first fine i received was in the situation you describe, and i got done. i even wrote a letter asking for the fine to be thrown out based on the fact that i was travelling the opposite way to the camera, but my appeal was upheld :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorry your theory is horribly wrong. the first fine i received was in the situation you describe, and i got done. i even wrote a letter asking for the fine to be thrown out based on the fact that i was travelling the opposite way to the camera, but my appeal was upheld :(

You're brother in law never really liked you rooting his sister did he?

I think your right.

Only ever had 1 speeding camera fine (been pulled over twice) and i asked for the photo. I used to work in a govt dept with a guy who used to throw out the fines issued if there was a trace of any other car in the picture. There was 6cms of a bumper of another car in the photo of my fine and that was enough to have it thrown out.

This was many years ago so im not sure if that loophole has been closed but it does raise doubt as to which car may have been speeding.

:confused:

You tried to appeal by saying you were breaking the law on the other side of the road?

(And I don't think upheld means what you think it does...)

Similar situation today on Marion Road. There was a truck in the right line which prevented me from seeing it earlier, and I was doing around 70 I think. Anyway, as soon as I saw him (about 200m away) I started to brake in the hope I'd be alright. I got a fairly got look at him and didn't see a flash as I went past, so is that usually a good indicator that you're fine?

PS, I didn't get a fine for the original situation I described in the OP.

I think if you look into the rules a speed camera cannot be placed within 500m of a speed change or a hill. Though Victoria maybe different as its filled with money grubbing scum.
Oh as well as that a statistic was released a few years ago with the amount of accidents caused my speed cameras EG: Braking due to camera, looking at speed camera and verging into oncoming traffic etc.

Similar situation today on Marion Road. There was a truck in the right line which prevented me from seeing it earlier, and I was doing around 70 I think. Anyway, as soon as I saw him (about 200m away) I started to brake in the hope I'd be alright. I got a fairly got look at him and didn't see a flash as I went past, so is that usually a good indicator that you're fine?

PS, I didn't get a fine for the original situation I described in the OP.

Try not speeding :thumbsu: :D

the amount of accidents caused my speed cameras EG: Breaking due to camera, looking at speed camera and verging into oncoming traffic etc.

:thumbsdown:

theres a section of the western highway near rockbank/melton where youll often find a cop car sitting on the outbound nature strip. can spot it a mile off, but i've almost been involved in a couple of accidents with people realizing and jumping on the brakes as they go past.

:thumbsdown:

theres a section of the western highway near rockbank/melton where youll often find a cop car sitting on the outbound nature strip. can spot it a mile off, but i've almost been involved in a couple of accidents with people realizing and jumping on the brakes as they go past.

Indeed, I love the theory of speed cameras but ONLY the theory.
My views on speed cameras is ONLY fixed cameras should be used. Portable cameras in vans come under too much dispute, like the ones a few hundred metres after a change of speed sign. Fixed cameras would be cheaper and that money they save can be used on regular fortnightly calibrations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back