STAN cycling coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

spike101

All Australian
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I watched today possibly the worst sports coverage of a major event ever. Womens time trial in the World Championships in Wollongong. Brown was leading but we had no idea that van Djibouti was close to beating her because there were no comparative times on the screen. There should have been for each rider post Brown how the following riders were doing. How can I get a job at STAN, it is so basic. I didn’t bother with the mens.

I watched today possibly the worst sports coverage of a major event ever. Womens time trial in the World Championships in Wollongong. Brown was leading but we had no idea that van Djibouti was close to beating her because there were no comparative times on the screen. There should have been for each rider post Brown how the following riders were doing. How can I get a job at STAN, it is so basic. I didn’t bother with the mens.
I don’t think Stan were responsible for the graphics, GCN had the same on their broadcast. They just took the feed, then cut to their ‘commentary team’ at some points during the races. That was awful though, especially when they cut to them for what was basically just general chat leading up to the last riders finishing the mens race.

Didn't watch but the commentary from the couch peloton on twitter conveyed the disappointment. They invested in the World Champs, should have done much better.

Let's hope the rest of the week is better.

I had to watch on YouTube. I find it staggering that I cant watch anything on GCN from this race because 9 has had it geoblocked. If they expect people to sub to Stan after doing this they are kidding themselves, people will do the exact opposite. I realise their is VPN's to get around it but SBS didn't do this for any GT this year. Surely somebody at 9 realises that GCN is the subscription for cycling. If they do this to the TDU that is a major kick in the guts. That said the vision was s**t house, they clearly didn't have enough motos on course, Pog was barely sighted, no vision at all of Sheffield crashing they found out off social media. They seemed to be only able to cover 3 riders at a time so basic mathematics would of suggested it wasn't enough come the pointy end of the race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back