Statewide League News Archive

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: THE MAP (details)

Wiggo? You have got to be joking. Whats his fame to claim. Gee whiz. His record is pretty dam ordinary.

Docker5, how about we do a phone hook up with you and you get the opportunity to have your say.

Better still get on Skype and then all can see who you are.

All we were doing was having a bit of fun. And fun it was.

Thanks for the positive input.[/quote]

No problems Duff. Just having my opinion. Listen i watched it and mate hats off to you for trying to lift the profile but please don't expect clubs or AFL Tas to jump on board. See some of them have very long memories. Has Wiggo got a problem with his tounge. It kept on poking out. Is that why the basset hound left the room. Keep pushing the map Duff u do a good job. No pun intended.

Wiggo? You have got to be joking. Whats his fame to claim. Gee whiz. His record is pretty dam ordinary.

Dont bag Jaimes mate? His record at Burnie and Werribee has been terriffic, wouldn't find anyone more passionate or knowledgable person to talk about Tasmanian Footy. He doesn't profess to be perfect but i guess we can't all be like you...[/quote]

What about Wiggo's record at Lindisfarne and Devonport?????!!!!!

My late mother was passionate about footy but like Wiggo knew nothing about it, or how to manage a footy club!

Makes you wonder how footy clubs attract incompetent people.

Nothing personal against Wiggo, never met the man, but he is out of his depth.......and the clubs who make these appointments should be the ones copping the flack!!

What about Wiggo's record at Lindisfarne and Devonport?????!!!!!

My late mother was passionate about footy but like Wiggo knew nothing about it, or how to manage a footy club!

Makes you wonder how footy clubs attract incompetent people.

Nothing personal against Wiggo, never met the man, but he is out of his depth.......and the clubs who make these appointments should be the ones copping the flack!!

Going to have to disagree with you there. Wiggo knows a heap about footy both on and off the field. He was never the best player, but is passionate about his state and the game and can only be good for whichever club secures his services. Has a very professional attitude to running a club and was a great innovator in his time at werribee.
And no, he isn't my boyfriend, I have just had a few football dealings with him in the past.

Going to have to disagree with you there. Wiggo knows a heap about footy both on and off the field. He was never the best player, but is passionate about his state and the game and can only be good for whichever club secures his services. Has a very professional attitude to running a club and was a great innovator in his time at werribee.
And no, he isn't my boyfriend, I have just had a few football dealings with him in the past.

You are "spot on"!!!..............I agree to disagree with you!!!!

Bombers hope to secure Devonport guns for 2009
28/02/2009

THE NORTHERN Bombers are continuing transfer negotiations with Devonport over five North- West players as the club gears up for the start of the new Tasmanian State League.
North Launceston is keen to secure the services of Coastal players Trent McCrossen, Vincent Ponsonby, Jason Rayner, Ryan Keep and Lyndon Stubbs for season 2009 but under TSL regulations all five are zoned to Devonport.
http://www.examiner.com.au/news/loc...o-secure-devonport-guns-for-2009/1446515.aspx

Statewide League finally back on TV!

Hi Guys,

Heard on the grapevine that WIN News will be airing a feature story on each Statewide League club every Tuesday and Thursday night leading upto the season.

Apparently they start tomorrow night (Tuesday) and commence with one of the Northern based clubs.

I'm looking forward to finally seeing some SWL action on the tele again!!

The Tassie Medal.

You have got to be joking!!!!! How corny and how uncreative is that.

Come on clubs it could so easily be the John Leedham medal in honour of the greatest Tasmanian Footballer who never played AFL/VFL footy.

Or what about the Hudson medal. Anyone of those great names.

Who wants to win the Tassie Medal? But who would want to win the Hudson medal?

And what of the April 4 season launch? Is the ABC covering it which leads me to think just what is going on with the marketing of the new comp?

I am shaking my head and getting a head ache.:eek:

I don't mind it being the Tassie medal, except that was the name given to the medal at interstate carnivals and stuff in the past wasn't it? Tassie Medal on Wiki

Picking a star of the game would have been better; or even two, it coud have been the Baldock-Leitch to get a northern and a southern history to the medal.
Or name the medal after a southerner and the premership cup after a northerner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tassie Medal.
Oh, how prestigious... :eek:
About as honourable as winning a Burger Ring.

I can't believe I actually agree with Duffy on something :)eek:) - it's that typical Tasmanian brain-drain at work in this instance.
No creativity whatsoever. :thumbsdown:

Firstly, the TSL - where's the reference to FOOTBALL in it?
That's almost as bad as "SWL" and "Premier League" - s**t useless the both of them.

It's almost like they want to continue to turn their backs on the great tradition the TFL once had.
William Leitch Medal to continue in the SFL - what a load of bollocks.

The medal should be retired. Now.

Can anyone tell us what Atkins's record is as a coach. Do you think he would be a good appointment then?

He was a great player no doubt but coaching?

I would think everyone has been snapped up so who is left of this caliber?

Cameron Blight?
I saw on the news last night that Cameron Blight is playing for clarence.

No idea, was talking to some Hobart boys who said a severely undermanned Nth Hobart were all over a near full strength Launceston?? Sounds interesting. Can imagine it would've been a soggy affair!!

No idea, was talking to some Hobart boys who said a severely undermanned Nth Hobart were all over a near full strength Launceston?? Sounds interesting. Can imagine it would've been a soggy affair!!
first 3 qtrs played in perfect conditions.demons looked good,really hard at it. missing cox,hall,long,muir did a quad early.left when lightening started,not sure what happened after that.

Glenorchy played Ulverstone at west Ulverstone last satuday , both teams had lots out, Pies 12.8 beat robins 7.11, ground was ok even after a massive storm just before the game. facilities were good & West people were great ihosts for the day & robins were fantastic that night.

Bulldogs to be unleashed on Heidelberg
BY PHIL EDWARDS
20/03/2009
SOUTH Launceston will host Victorian metropolitan team Heidelberg in a series of practice matches during a pre-season gala day at Youngtown Oval tomorrow.
The Heidelberg Tigers play in division 1 of the Northern Football League (formerly Diamond Valley League) and are the reigning premiers in seniors and reserves.
http://www.examiner.com.au/news/loc...gs-to-be-unleashed-on-heidelberg/1464507.aspxhttp://www.bigfooty.com/forum/l

javascript:changeFontSize('story',1);

javascript:changeFontSize('story',-1);

Desperate Bombers call for under-19s
BY PHIL EDWARDS
20/03/2009
THE Northern Bombers desperately need more under-19 players for the 2009 season.
North Launceston development officer Alan Perrin said yesterday that the club faced a severe shortage of younger-age players for the proposed five-team State League Northern competition this season.
http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/sport/general/desperate-bombers-call-for-under19s/1464506.aspx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back