Sunday Herald Sun Report

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointed to read the "match report" in this morning's paper. Hello......I thought we won the game yesterday. The report is on the 21st page of the sport section and there are 2 very small paragraphs that actually mention anyone from the Bulldogs. Considering this is a Melbourne based team, the report in a Melbourne newspaper should be better than this. After hearing the ridiculous commentary on Fox where they were so wanting GWS to win, I foolishly thought I could get a decent report on the game today in the paper. If you haven't read it .....never mind you haven't missed anything :thumbsdown:
We deserve it, i went to Canberra and watched that crap we dished up.
They should have said Dogs will be lucky to win another game for the year and their fans are in for a long 2 to 3 years

Dunstall is the most arrogant of players, and that came from die hard Hawthorn supporters, who at a family day many years ago, approached him to get a signing for their 7yo son, he just turns his back on the fans, thinks he is bigger than the game.

it was allrght for Big Fat Piggy Dunstall and Hawthorn Football Club in the late 70's and 80's, having a heap of money and practically buying the Western Australian team to buy a few premierships ! F*N Disgrace of a Competition ! Totally biased towards the wealthy clubs in the 70's and 80's especially !

K.B. was on SEN Radio last week and he said that Hawthorn in the 80's had that much money that Dermott Brereton was on more money than most of the blokes at the Tigers put together !

And for him to not show us any respect at all with his radio and TV commentary just proves how much of a Knob he truly is !

Perhaps the AFL need to consider that the Bulldogs represent an area covering 750,000 people in prime AFL territory. I can see the potential of this area to become a huge AFL area when we made the 3 PF's.

The Jets and Cannons (and Falcons) continually prduce the best talent in the land. Then they get shipped off to NSW or Qld!!

Relegating us to non- entities in the media and having people like Dunstall constantly denigrating our players means they simply biting the hand that feeds.

BTW- Can't Fox Footy see that old guys bragging about their exploits in the 90s bores the next gen shitless!!

look I noticed the bias throughout the media, and it's simply because GWS are the underdog. Expectation is low for them, they are viewed in a different light.

We could play a pretty average game, but against a better rated opposition and we would come away happy with a win, but when you play a team you are expected not just to beat but to thrash, the expectation skews your view. So these games, you simply cannot win unless you win by 80 to 100 pts.

GWS will eventually have the burden of expectation, that is when the heat will go on them, but right now it's all looking bright for them, for now. Just wait a year or 2 and see if it's still the same.

This week, if we play ok, the commentors will have a bias towards us because we are the underdog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back