Sunderland AFC: League 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Dolly Doctor thoughts on our window?

Considering the budget I think Grayson did a terrific job. Lack of a striker is pretty unforgivable but very happy with our deadline day business. Think the inclusion of Williams points to a change in formation which should only need 1 up top so perhaps that was the reasoning behind not bringing in a striker but I think Wilson in particular is a very good championship signing.

Your thoughts?

Considering the budget I think Grayson did a terrific job. Lack of a striker is pretty unforgivable but very happy with our deadline day business. Think the inclusion of Williams points to a change in formation which should only need 1 up top so perhaps that was the reasoning behind not bringing in a striker but I think Wilson in particular is a very good championship signing.

Your thoughts?

I don't see most signings as exactly inspiring but the team should be a solid one. Macca, McGeady, Wilson and the Everton boys are the only ones I'm excited about. Sad about not getting Woods from Brentford who looks like Clucas 2.0 and not getting a striker is a joke.

I think we should have kept Mannone and Larsson. Mannone is severel tiers above most keepers in the league and would've been great to have. Larsson as a bench option could've been handy too.

A 4-2-3-1 going forward would be a lot better and once we get Dunc and Paddy back then the depth of the squad looks better.

It is a bit :D

Well from a Boro perspective, we're happy to pick up 3 from 3 last week. Our performances could be better - and must be better when we face better teams - but scraping wins when you're not 100% is never a bad thing in this league. We probably got a bit lucky with the Sunland game - WILL SOMEBODY GET OUR KEEPER A ******* CAP!! - but after a shaky start we just about did enough for the win. Leeds up next. That will be more of a challenge. We have a pretty poor record against them in recent years too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we'll be selling Didi and Kone and bringing in David Cotterill on a free.

Bring back the Gus days this is just embarrassing.
That sort of business will get you out of this league. Just at the wrong end!

Sunderland V AFC Wimbledon....

I'd also be a lot more excited about the FA Cup game tonight if Lewis Grabban hadn't ****** off.
Huge loss for you that one. With your squad the way it looks now, Coleman will need to pull a miracle out of his arse to keep you up. Is there any likelihood of January signings (half decent players)?

I listened to the commentary last night. Sunderland had a bit of possession and tried hard without really causing us any trouble. We put a solid team out but didn't perform to our best. The commentators were disappointed we didn't score more in the second half.

Huge loss for you that one. With your squad the way it looks now, Coleman will need to pull a miracle out of his arse to keep you up. Is there any likelihood of January signings (half decent players)?

We signed JCS who is apparently a better prospect at Chelsea then Ampadu. Why kill his career so early by sending him to us is a mystery. We are truly ****ed though.

Well what a s**t transfer window for us. Got rid of our second top scorer with no replacement and added ANOTHER defensive midfielder. Hardly inspiring stuff. I was starting to warm to Pulis too. We have had a couple of handy wins but haven't scored at home under him yet. I hope he has some sort of plan with these transfers because he has just confused the hell out of the fans.

My apologies for not being able to loan you Eldin Jakupovic. I don't get it either. He's third choice (and waaaaaaaay too good to be that), and is in need of game time.

Also, since this is the NE Club, for Maggies fans, we chose you guys over the others because... our owners loathe West Ham:
According to a source, attempts to sign Slimani were hindered because Brady, the club’s vice-chairman, offended Leicester’s owners with comments about the club’s chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, in her weekly column for the Sun last year.

“A fellow Premier League director reports that last night he bumped into the Leicester chairman at London’s most expensive wine shop,” Brady wrote. “The Leicester owner told him they’d sacked Claudio Ranieri.

“He then casually settled his bill for wine and champagne. Since the sum was close to £500,000 I guess the compensation to his old manager is pocket change. At least the owner can drown his sorrows in style!”

The source suggested Brady’s comments ended up becoming a PR own goal when Leicester refused to consider West Ham’s interest in Slimani, paving the way for Newcastle United to sign the Algerian forward on loan. It is claimed that despite repeated apologies from West Ham, attempts to make peace with Leicester fell on deaf ears.

It is understood that Brady apologised to Leicester some time ago and thought the matter was considered by both parties to be closed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back