Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

At this point, it's almost an artform ignoring us even though we're on top and looking spectacular. It must be quite challenging and skillful to just seemingly forget we exist even though it says right there on the ladder that we're the best team.
I do agree but for this week Think that after the sad and terrible news at Freo, they’re keeping pretty low key out of respect.

At this point, it's almost an artform ignoring us even though we're on top and looking spectacular. It must be quite challenging and skillful to just seemingly forget we exist even though it says right there on the ladder that we're the best team.

Maybe if they dont talk about us we will go away.

Saw this on the news tonight - we’ve had the most players play together all year so far

View attachment 1987591

Brisbane are underachieving based on that imo, still have a stack of players on the field who played in the GF.

Not surprising the least amount of disruption in a team = better results.

I do agree but for this week Think that after the sad and terrible news at Freo, they’re keeping pretty low key out of respect.

There’s always an excuse, though.

If we beat Carlton all the news will be dedicated to whether or not Carlton are the real deal and what went wrong for them etc. Rinse and repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we beat Carlton all the news will be dedicated to whether or not Carlton are the real deal and what went wrong for them etc. Rinse and repeat.

I think part of it at least is that the lazy buggers know SFA about our players so have little to write about. Why I enjoy the Mongrel. They know a decent amount about every team.

I think it is Great for us. The more they focus on other teams the better. I love reading and hearing about the swans ...but under the radar from the top of the ladder is a good place to be

Actually its the opposite mate when ROK was dropped we started extremely poorly 1-4 if my memory serves me right.

We didnt lose another game till round 16 or so against Hawthorn.
If I'm not mistaken ROK was a couple of years older than Parker currently is as well. I'm confident he'll be back in the side within the next few weeks.

I think it is Great for us. The more they focus on other teams the better. I love reading and hearing about the swans ...but under the radar from the top of the ladder is a good place to be
I keep saying the same. Let them focus on everyone else. We'll just keep winning and at some point they'll have to acknowledge us she it's too late for them

Acknowledge Me The Shield GIF by SportsManias

ha, yeah, hard to comprehend being top of the table somehow creates a mainstream football media blind spot
can you imagine if essendon or carlton were doing what we've done so far?
but all jokes aside, this minimal victorian media coverage is really dismissive and disrespectful to the core south melbourne fans who are obviously such a big part of the swans, and who ensure such a large, passionate red-and-white presence at games in victoria
so in that regard, it's unprofessional, unfair and just not good enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another factor this week is the boys spend the day they usually do media stuff on a plane back from Perth, so we don't get that next day interview content and media outlets don't get the quotes and storylines from those to run.

Am I correct in saying that our game was not covered at all on the Sunday Footy Show other than at the introduction?
Yep I Rewound, fast forwarded, Rewound, Fast forwarded, Rewound and fast forwarded until eventually fell off the chair when It was clear there was no match summary. Joke. The token gesture was The pat on the back from Lloyd.

ha, yeah, hard to comprehend being top of the table somehow creates a mainstream football media blind spot
can you imagine if essendon or carlton were doing what we've done so far?
but all jokes aside, this minimal victorian media coverage is really dismissive and disrespectful to the core south melbourne fans who are obviously such a big part of the swans, and who ensure such a large, passionate red-and-white presence at games in victoria
so in that regard, it's unprofessional, unfair and just not good enough

This is where I am. It’s all well and good to just say well at least we’re under the radar but some of us don’t want that. Some of us want to put a footy show on and see some analysis of the team we love and watch every week.

It’s disrespectful and it’s an insult to us as a club and a supporter base.

The only hope we have is by winning the flag so I really hope we do. Watching them squirm and dedicate entire episodes to us as they praise us through gritted teeth will be a thing of beauty.

This is where I am. It’s all well and good to just say well at least we’re under the radar but some of us don’t want that. Some of us want to put a footy show on and see some analysis of the team we love and watch every week.

It’s disrespectful and it’s an insult to us as a club and a supporter base.

The only hope we have is by winning the flag so I really hope we do. Watching them squirm and dedicate entire episodes to us as they praise us through gritted teeth will be a thing of beauty.

We are still the only club in history to have a out of season AFL360 show dedicated to a recruitment of one player which turned into a free for all slander on the club.

As a 30yr member it was probably the most disgraceful attack on the club i have seen 40mins of accused cap/cola rorting from Eddie and his goons.

13May24: Swans Daily Media New
Tbf, they moved onto Freo and what they were going through which is a reasonable thing to do
Absolutely got no issues with them covering that, but they could put more time and effort into our analysis. It's just lazy journalism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back