News & Events Sydney CBD knife attack

Gun control changed nothing in Australia. Saved No lives.

Since Gillard got in the use of Pych drugs has rocketed and the suicide rate has rocketed with it.

Taking people's guns does not save life's, taking them off Pych drugs does.

Manu.jpg

Abuse of benzos is dangerous, I've got a bottle of vallies in my bathroom and I'd be lucky to take one a month.

Highly addictive, some people only need a couple of pills and hooked. They becone very dangerous if already on Pych drugs. Many do violent acts to others and themselves. They cHange brain chemistry.

Highly addictive, some people only need a couple of pills and hooked. They be one very dangerous if already on Pych drugs. Many do violent acts to others and themselves. They cHange brain chemistry.
I take one if I have a couple of bad nights in a row. My personality is addictive as hell I've just never seen the point of them recreationally unless flying long haul and even then the end is the same, you just kip out.

Gun control changed nothing in Australia. Saved No lives.

14 mass shootings in the 14 years prior to Port Arthur

1 public mass shooting in the 23 years since.

Yeah nothing changed, no lives saved clearly.

14 mass shootings in the 14 years prior to Port Arthur

1 public mass shooting in the 23 years since.

Yeah nothing changed, no lives saved clearly.

The murder rate never changed and the suicide rate has gone up.

Again changed nothing.

I take one if I have a couple of bad nights in a row. My personality is addictive as hell I've just never seen the point of them recreationally unless flying long haul and even then the end is the same, you just kip out.

In your circle the rates of depression and anxiety as high as anywhere, you would of seen a few suicides and violent acts over the years. Pysch drug use as high as anywhere.

George michael spun out on these drugs.

There was a murder in NSW in recent years attributed to state parliament watering down gun laws for the Shooter, Fishers and ****wits Party.

Labor did cave in to the Shooters in 2008, however, after Carr retired, by amending firearms laws so that unlicensed members of the public could shoot under supervision at a gun club – a clear breach of the NFA. The amendment was opposed by the NSW Firearms Registry. According to Gun Control Australia (GCA), the so-called “Try Shooting” program has since resulted in 10 deaths. It was how Sydney accountant John Edwards, who shot his two children last year during a lengthy custody battle, first got his hands on a gun, says Sam Lee, president of GCA. Both firearms Edwards used to kill his children, aged 13 and 15, and then himself, were lawfully obtained and registered.

The Coalition governments of Barry O’Farrell, Mike Baird and Gladys Berejiklian have all relied on the two Shooters members in the upper house, who share the balance of power with the Christian Democrats, to pass legislation. There has been a steady trickle of pro-gun amendments during these eight years. First there was the infamous 2012 deal with O’Farrell to allow hunting in national parks and state forests in NSW. The O’Farrell government partially reneged after a public outcry, but Lee says nobody is happy with the resulting compromise, “not even farmers”.

Earlier this month GCA released a report that found NSW now is “the most obvious example of compliance ‘slippage’ with the NFA”. The state breaches the agreement in 11 respects. Recreational hunters have been allowed to use silencers, for example, and non-occupational shooters are allowed to use high-powered semi-automatic weapons. Exemptions have been given to the 28-day cooling-off period for second or subsequent firearms, and no good reason is needed for a permit to acquire multiple firearms of a given category, resulting in the accumulation of private arsenals. More broadly, gun clubs are poorly regulated, arms fairs have taken off and illegal hunting is “rife and out of control”, according to the report.

Last edited:
This event has highlighted to me how good we have it in australia - when somebody with mental health problems and murderous intentions goes on a rampage, he kills one person with a knife instead of killing 20 with an assault rifle like he would have done in the US. Then he's running around screaming "shoot me." If he had a firearm then this would've been mass homicide followed by suicide.

But I hope you guys realize that the gun nuts in america who resist firearm regulation will always find a way to flip it around and use it in defense of their own argument - they'll say "see, that's why we need guns, to protect ourselves from people like that!" facepalm

We have more guns now in private hands than we did prior to Port Arthur.

So there's that.

Is that taking into account the 34% growth in population from 1996 to now?

It's taken in as sheer number of guns registered and owned by private citizens.

Doesn't even count all the unregistered guns people still have.

It's funny when people think Howard's buy back was this amazing thing.

I knew of people that cashed in guns and then went and used the money to buy newer more powerul guns.

What did improve in that time was mental health identification and treatment.

We have more guns now in private hands than we did prior to Port Arthur.

So there's that.

The assailant used a knife to carry out his violent rampage because he lives in australia, where you can't walk into a retail store and buy a firearm without a license.

So there's that.

The murder rate never changed and the suicide rate has gone up.

Again changed nothing.

You should try Google sometime, as of 2014

Homicide in Australia has declined over the last 25 years. The current homicide incidence rate is the lowest on record in the past 25 years.

The number of homicide incidents has fallen by 22 percent over the last 25 years, decreasing from 307 incidents in 1989-90 to 238 incidents in 2013-14.

Homicide occurred at a rate of one incident per 100,000 persons in 2013-14, a 44 percent decrease from that recorded in 1989-90 (1.8 per 100,000).

In summary:
-Homicide rate has been in decline
-Homicide by gun went down
-Suicide by gun went down further

There does need to better care for people in relation to mental health and the drugs they are given, however not giving those people readily available access to guns is a good thing. There's no reason those things should be mutually exclusive.

There does need to better care for people in relation to mental health and the drugs they are given, however not giving those people readily available access to guns is a good thing. There's no reason those things should be mutually exclusive.

I don't think there's any graph, data, or other evidence that's going to convince some people, no matter how commonsensical it may be. They're pretty much on par with flat earthers IMO. That's what we're dealing with.

The assailant used a knife to carry out his violent rampage because he lives in australia, where you can't walk into a retail store and buy a firearm without a license.

So there's that.

Knives kill more people in the USA than rifles.

Imagine that.

So for all the clueless losing their s**t over rifles they cause less deaths than knives.

But you didn't know that.

Obviously easy access to knives is far more of an issue than access to rifles.

Knives kill more people in the USA than rifles.

Imagine that.

So for all the clueless losing their s**t over rifles they cause less deaths than knives.

But you didn't know that.

Obviously easy access to knives is far more of an issue than access to rifles.

There is no way this post isn't satirical.

It's statistically factual.

I believe you, but I don't believe for a second that you think easy access to knives is a bigger issue.

I believe you, but I don't believe for a second that you think easy access to knives is a bigger issue.

Well if 1500 people are killed by knives and 350 die by rifle what is the bigger issue?

Remove the beat up hysterics and look at the facts.

Strangely you rarely hear anyone taking about hand guns. Despite them being the overwhelming weapon of choice for killers.

Well if 1500 people are killed by knives and 350 die by rifle what is the bigger issue?

Remove the beat up hysterics and looks at the facts.

Strangely you rarely hear anyone taking about hand guns. Despite them being the overwhelming weapon of choice for killers.
Cars also kill more people than guns.

You should try Google sometime, as of 2014

View attachment 729918

View attachment 729919

In summary:
-Homicide rate has been in decline
-Homicide by gun went down
-Suicide by gun went down further

Na man, I saw it on a facebook meme so I'm gunna call the above "data" fake news.

Remove the beat up hysterics and looks at the facts.

Knifes have many more legitimate uses in our daily lives in comparison to guns.

Crafts, preparing food, survival, fishing, shaving, opening packages, etc.

I like to use a knife to cut my food into smaller portions before I eat it. I suspect you eat your food like this:

Knifes have many more legitimate uses in our daily lives in comparison to guns.

Crafts, preparing food, survival, fishing, shaving, opening packages, etc.

I like to use a knife to cut my food into smaller portions before I eat it. I suspect you eat your food like this:

I also feed myself with my guns.

Wipe out plenty of feral animals etc

Wonderful invention the gun. Highly enjoyable too.

I also feed myself with my guns.

Wipe out plenty of feral animals etc

Wonderful invention the gun. Highly enjoyable too.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that its uses are pretty limited to killing s**t. I want to shoot open an envelope with a tiny gun.

Back