Sydney GPS

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not really a GPS sport, but some GPS schools do have AFL programs. View is quite into its AFL and plays in a club competition. It's easily the most keen on AFL. SGS for one has a more informal AFL competition that it plays in against other CAS and GPS schools.

We had a half-hearted attempt at Scots to get some teams going, with the view of playing some friendlies against Riverview. A decent sized group of us played alot at lunchtime, but we simply couldn't find 18+ people keen enough to get together more formally.

High and SGS are combining somewhat next year to make for more even competition, just in rugby (as said before SGS and High can be and are quite competitive in the other sports). Against Shore, View, Joeys and Kings, SGS will take the 1st and 2nds while High take the 3rds and 4ths matches in the opens. In the rest of the age groups, SGS teams will play the other teams' A, C, E etc. teams, and High teams play the B, D, F etc. teams.

As a now former SGS boy, i'd say atm it is a disadvantage to SGS as some of our divisions last year and this year were quite strong (the 1sts/2nds/16's age group were very competitive this year). However, at least for this year, SGS won't b very strong so this may help.

I just hope that this isn't a small stepping stone to having High and SGS booted out, which one SGS headmaster is rumoured to be not unwilling for....

Need a Sydney grammar team in there, just import more players.

Sydney High should take advantage FFS, they are a public school and can import players for free and win heaps of Premierships (BSHS are the top 3 up here)

btw, for all those schools in the eastern suburbs of sydney like grammar, do you get students from all over sydney like st george, sutherland, canterbury etc

cranbrook and scots, which are truly located in the east, are made up of mostly eastern suburbs kids but grammar, which is more in the city than the east, is made up of kids from north, east, west etc. Grammar also has 2 prep schools in Edgecliff (eastern suburbs) and St.Ives (North Shore) which also ensures that it won't be just eastern suburbs boys going there. There arent as many from canterbury/sutherland etc. as there are from north or east but there are certainly some

i go to manly high
its selective but our sports team is the best in the northen beaches region

I left this year, what year are you in?

I'm year below you then. Surely I knew you! Unless you're who I think you are in which case I do indeed and have commented on certain facebook notes you've left regarding a certain West Coast player? :p

I'm year below you then. Surely I knew you! Unless you're who I think you are in which case I do indeed and have commented on certain facebook notes you've left regarding a certain West Coast player? :p

I don't think i am who u think i am, but i have a feeling i know who u are...who were u talking about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back