sylvia?

Remove this Banner Ad

magpie_junior9

Senior List
Oct 8, 2003
Other Teams
collingwood
im just curious to know how sylvia's going in training? he bulked up will he be playing seniors this year?

also im sorry for the loss of troy broadbridge ...such a tragedy

good luck for 2005

spoke to him today. He has injured his shoulder. Out of training for a week and a half. Keen real keen but misses the first 2 wizard cup games through suspension. Goin to the big day out with him, my brother, brock mclean and some other mates. Hurt his shoulder taking on neitz in a tackling drill. Tries his guts out.

he tried to take out neitz...man he does try...good to hear, hope he does well, is a real bull cant wait to watch him plow through people in afl

carlos' roos said:
spoke to him today. He has injured his shoulder. Out of training for a week and a half. Keen real keen but misses the first 2 wizard cup games through suspension. Goin to the big day out with him, my brother, brock mclean and some other mates. Hurt his shoulder taking on neitz in a tackling drill. Tries his guts out.

Ha ha the big Colin Sylvia that s**t his pants when a few of the boys had a crack at him for thinking his gods gift. The kid is known for being a toss not just from any normal young bloke but a fair few people who play at his level as well.

Not a well liked guy as far as i know, Brock on the other hand is a top notch guy he should steer clear from Colin.

cheers

tige19 said:
Ha ha the big Colin Sylvia that s**t his pants when a few of the boys had a crack at him for thinking his gods gift. The kid is known for being a toss not just from any normal young bloke but a fair few people who play at his level as well.

Not a well liked guy as far as i know, Brock on the other hand is a top notch guy he should steer clear from Colin.

cheers

I suppose you know him well then, or is this some info from a friend of a friend who's cousin's mum worked at the tuckshop of the school that one of his mates went to?

Sadly, credibility = 0 unless you can back your accusations up with something that resembles proof, although I don't think there's any chance of that.

tige19 said:

cheers

Mate you will not meet a better bloke. He and brock are best mates. He is the only bloke who i know that since being drafted into AFL hasn't turned into a wan#er. He is well liked by nearly everyone. He was at home over christmas for a bbq and had calls through the night from yze, johnstone and brock was over here with him. The only assumption i can come to is that (because he is a ladies man) he has had a one nighter with a sister or friend or whoever and you are cut. Leave him alone because when he's right up there and flying you wouldn't want to be cheering for someone you don't like. Considering you wouldn't know colin or brock best you pipe down.

Dont know Colin from a bar of sope but actually known Brock for a fair while mate even played a few games of footy with him so maybe its you who should pipe down.

I dont need to prove anything cause to be honest i couldnt give 2 stuffs about what anyone thinks, to be honest ive got no reason to come on here and talk crap.

The FACT is ive seen Coling ******** his dacks when a few boys whom im mates with have approached him in not the friendliest way and i saw the way Colin reacted and just to show i have a little credibility it was late last year on a Saturday night at Billboards.

Mate maybe at Melbourne Colin is liked but let me assure you there more than a few blokes who i know that are from opposition clubs that would love to knock his head off as soon as they get a chance to.

Like i said i dont care if you dont believe me thats your choice, i can tell you only what i saw and what i know of him and that is that his a ********er simple. Brock like you said is a gun.

cheers

tige19 said:
Dont know Colin from a bar of sope but actually known Brock for a fair while mate even played a few games of footy with him so maybe its you who should pipe down.

I dont need to prove anything cause to be honest i couldnt give 2 stuffs about what anyone thinks, to be honest ive got no reason to come on here and talk crap.

The FACT is ive seen Coling ******** his dacks when a few boys whom im mates with have approached him in not the friendliest way and i saw the way Colin reacted and just to show i have a little credibility it was late last year on a Saturday night at Billboards.

Mate maybe at Melbourne Colin is liked but let me assure you there more than a few blokes who i know that are from opposition clubs that would love to knock his head off as soon as they get a chance to.

Like i said i dont care if you dont believe me thats your choice, i can tell you only what i saw and what i know of him and that is that his a ********er simple. Brock like you said is a gun.

cheers

Col is just a country boy mate, sometimes you can percieve people differently and i know that if you'd met him under the right circumstances he's as down to earth as they get.

tige19 said:

cheers

I know all about billboards mate. I tihnk nearly every 21 year old male in melbourne does. I can guarantee you if someone threw a punch at a football player there security would be kciking heads for a few hours.

Billboards relies on footy players going there for publicity, so if you're mates are stupid enough to start a fight with an AFl player there, I can guarantee you and your mates won't be around for much longer.

I can picture it, big col had a crack at one of your mates girlfreinds and succeeded, jealousy and an inferioirty complex ensued, Col was big enough not to start crap for fear he'll end up in the papers. Probably had a real big group of you there too. Real tough.

I have no doubt that Colin is way overrated by Melbourne supporters at this stage. He was coaches pet in underage footy, he's done nothing in season one at AFL level and he's injury prone. Nothing annoys me more than reading some of the s*it about how great he is on Demonland - you'd have thought he played 20 games and kicked 50 goals in his debut season.

He hardly gives the impression of being "just a country boy" when he's out.

footyman said:
I have no doubt that Colin is way overrated by Melbourne supporters at this stage. He was coaches pet in underage footy, he's done nothing in season one at AFL level and he's injury prone. Nothing annoys me more than reading some of the s*it about how great he is on Demonland - you'd have thought he played 20 games and kicked 50 goals in his debut season.

He hardly gives the impression of being "just a country boy" when he's out.

I agree MFC supporters overrate him. I rate Rivers much more important than Sylvia.

Coaches pet? He had the same coach all teh way through underage footy?

Injury prone my ass. He just finished his first full preseason cause he had OP. common in many young players. Looks fit as a fiddle right now.
He's only 19, small injuries are common in young blokes.

Tell me, when you're out are you polite and shy all the time? I know when I go out i try to tear the freakin roof off. Once again, he's 19, tell me one 19 year old male that has his head screwed on when he's out partying and i'll show you a pig with wings.

rick James said:
Billboards relies on footy players going there for publicity, so if you're mates are stupid enough to start a fight with an AFl player there, I can guarantee you and your mates won't be around for much longer.

But he's not an AFL player (unless you're counting handballs. I lost count at 1)

The average person wouldn't have a clue who he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of a certain A. Walker one night late last year at Mercury Lounge, when he and my mate started a fight. To his credit he didn't show he was intimidated because it was our school pub crawl and there was at least 40 of us in the joint.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think we should leave talk to only his football achievments. He played seniors up here against my side when i was 20 and he was 15 mate, he can play out of his depth. He is the first to admit to me that he didn't get a great base behind him last year and was overwhelmed by the pace of the game because of this. I think this year you will see a different bloke on the field. As for him as a person he never and i mean never comes home without dropping in and to my folks for a chat or beer depending on the time of year and many a person around here will tell you the same thing. He doesn't forget where he came from and those who helped him like some other blokes who have made it from here. Some may not like him but it falls on deaf ears if its directed at me. Great kid
cheers

carlos' roos said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think we should leave talk to only his football achievments. He played seniors up here against my side when i was 20 and he was 15 mate, he can play out of his depth. He is the first to admit to me that he didn't get a great base behind him last year and was overwhelmed by the pace of the game because of this. I think this year you will see a different bloke on the field. As for him as a person he never and i mean never comes home without dropping in and to my folks for a chat or beer depending on the time of year and many a person around here will tell you the same thing. He doesn't forget where he came from and those who helped him like some other blokes who have made it from here. Some may not like him but it falls on deaf ears if its directed at me. Great kid
cheers

Great post, and even though it's not about North Melbourne, it was worth reading. ;)

Choota said:
But he's not an AFL player (unless you're counting handballs. I lost count at 1)

The average person wouldn't have a clue who he is.

is that why they have his photo on rotation in the nightclub?

and your count is off, he's had more possies than one handball, but you're a troll who probably can't count.

Jared Rivers didn't get many possessions in his three games in his first season (2003) either. It seems that this is the way Daniher introduces players into football. If Sylvia shows the same improvement that Rivers did in his second year Choot will have a very, very red face.

Colin Sylvia is exceptionally talented, built like a brick outhouse and will be an absolute gun. Watch for him to make his mark this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back