TAB at their best yet again

Remove this Banner Ad

They truly are one of the worst books. Read my email for full details.

To whom it may concern,
My name is xxx and my account number is xx. My PIN is xxx.
On Monday 8th of December 2014 at 23:20 hours, I placed a $500 bet on Goran Ivanisevic at odds of $1.68 to defeat Pete Sampas in the International Premierleague Tennis. The match was played to its conclusion with both players beginning and finishing the match, with Ivanisevic winning the one set match 6-3.

This bet has been incorrectly settled as a refund.

At approximately 9:40 hours on Tuesday 9th of December 2014, I called TAB Customer Service to alert them of their error, and asked if this could be corrected ASAP. The gentleman who didn't provide me with his name, informed me he had spoken to the betting manager and I was informed it was incorrectly refunded and I will be settled with my winnings after an investigation.

At approximately 1610 hours the same day, with my bet still not settled as a win, I once again called TAB Customer Service and spoke to XXX. She informed me the match wasn't completed due to the betting manager informing her that Sampras led the match 4-1 and was replaced by his coach to finish the game. Not only was XXX unable to provide proof of evidence for this farce, but Sampras didn't even win four games, so how on Earth is it possible that he was leading 4-1?

This is the second time in a month this has occurred, which shows complete incompetence and a lack of professionalism on your behalf. The previous time this occurred was on the 10th of November, when I placed a bet on Leighton Baines to score a goal (#287926), which he did, and my bet was settled as a loss. It's not good enough and if this issue is not resolved to my satisfaction, I will be taking this further by contacting the Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulations.

I will now provide proof that Ivanisevic defeated Sampras in a match run and completed to its conclusion.
http://www.tennisexplorer.com/match-detail/?id=1270961
http://www.flashscore.com/match/4jvVLBpU/#match-summary

There's no question here as to whether or not the match was completed, the only question is how much longer will you continue to have betting managers who are incompetent?

Regards,
XXX.

Is this the game?

http://www.india.com/sports/microma...-iptl-2014-delhi-india-live-updates-2-215210/

Set 2, Legend’s Singles Match: Goran Ivanisevic (UAE Royals) beats Fabrice Santoro (Micromax Indian Aces) 6-3; Pete Sampras retired hurt

Fabrice Santoro tried hard to evade the defeat but Goran Ivanisevic finally succeeds in winning the second set for UAE Royals. Earlier, Pete Sampras retired hurt after pulling a hamstring. He was replaced by Fabrice Santoro with Indian Aces trailing 1-5 against Goran Ivanisevic. Santoro did well to break Ivanisevic to make it 2-5. Santoro fought extremely well to play the longest rally of the tournament to hang on at 3-5 with the Croatian’s return crashing to net. UAE Royals lead 12-8 against Micromax Indian Aces

I know nothing about whatever this tournament is, but apparently Sampras plays for the "Micromax Indian Aces".
However this indicates Fabrice Santoro is the one that lost 3-6 to Ivanisevc yesterday, not Sampras?

upload_2014-12-9_16-30-10.png

Is this the game?

http://www.india.com/sports/microma...-iptl-2014-delhi-india-live-updates-2-215210/

Set 2, Legend’s Singles Match: Goran Ivanisevic (UAE Royals) beats Fabrice Santoro (Micromax Indian Aces) 6-3; Pete Sampras retired hurt

Fabrice Santoro tried hard to evade the defeat but Goran Ivanisevic finally succeeds in winning the second set for UAE Royals. Earlier, Pete Sampras retired hurt after pulling a hamstring. He was replaced by Fabrice Santoro with Indian Aces trailing 1-5 against Goran Ivanisevic. Santoro did well to break Ivanisevic to make it 2-5. Santoro fought extremely well to play the longest rally of the tournament to hang on at 3-5 with the Croatian’s return crashing to net. UAE Royals lead 12-8 against Micromax Indian Aces
lol. :$

Sounds like it is a team? So the bet should have been UAE Royals v. Indian Aces. Maybe?

That said, if you were arbing the other side should be a refund as well. Not sure what the pinny rules would be in an event like this

Thanks for providing that link for me, Terminators.

I have contacted Betfair about this and they have settled the other half of my bet as a loss and confirmed the match was completed. The link you provided is strange, though. I'm not sure why they would say Sampras didn't finish the match, or why Betfair and TAB are having different opinions.

I'll just leave it for the VCGR to decide.

Thanks for providing that link for me, Terminators.

I have contacted Betfair about this and they have settled the other half of my bet as a loss and confirmed the match was completed. The link you provided is strange, though. I'm not sure why they would say Sampras didn't finish the match, or why Betfair and TAB are having different opinions.

I'll just leave it for the VCGR to decide.
you aren't winning the TAB side, it's clearly a void by their rules. your only angle is betfair but if they have different rules ( and i reckon they do) you're stuffed

you aren't winning the TAB side, it's clearly a void by their rules. your only angle is betfair but if they have different rules ( and i reckon they do) you're stuffed
Correct.

classic thread.
Regardless, it's pretty bad customer service by the TAB. The first bloke I spoke to informed me my bet will be settled before 4pm that day. Then the "team leader" I was transferred to when I called up for a second time after 4pm couldn't provide me with any evidence of Pistol Pete being substituted, despite us being on the phone for over 20 minutes. Terminators replied to this thread after 22 minutes with a source that supported the TAB's claim, and I'm assuming it took him two minutes to read the thread and probably didn't open the thread until 15 minutes after I created the thread. Obviously he would be a better "team leader" than the lady I spoke to. Thirdly, she kept on telling me Sampras lead 4-1 before being substituted, which is clearly not correct. That's why I thought they were pulling this information out of their ass. Then I asked if she could get someone to send me an email that supports their information Sampras retired by providing me with an URL, which they refused to do. Obviously there is no obligation for them to do that, but I don't see the harm in it. When the conversation was finishing, I asked the team leader for an email address to contact them on so I could send them links as to why I believe my bet should have been settled as a win. The email address I was given wasn't correct (tabcustomersupportteam@TABCORP.com.au).
I don't think I was out of line, especially after reading cnadadge's thread on his corners betting market being incorrectly settled as a loss, and after I had a market incorrectly settled as a loss four weeks prior.
Had terminator's not provided me with that link, I would still be expecting to be eventually paid out, so it's good he posted that link so I wouldn't continue to have my hopes up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, pretty poor effort by TAB. All their calls are taped so you might be able to hit them up for something for providing you with incorrect info. Maybe a free bet or some rewards points.

Any luck on the BF side?

Nah no luck with betfair. They were kind enough to email me with a screen shot of the terms of the bet. They read any player substituted will not result in a void bet, or something along those lines.

As Lensen said, you need to be fully alert of the terms with Tennis and arbing is a risk due to different books having different terms.

True, pretty poor effort by TAB. All their calls are taped so you might be able to hit them up for something for providing you with incorrect info. Maybe a free bet or some rewards points.

True. I guess that shows how they are inexperienced so far.
1.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back