Official Club Stuff Talk to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

now for a legitimate one, my nephew wants to buy a paul chapman jumper, Essendon_FC when can we expect numbers to be issued to chappy, aylett, edwards and our 5 draftees?

now for a legitimate one, my nephew wants to buy a paul chapman jumper, Essendon_FC when can we expect numbers to be issued to chappy, aylett, edwards and our 5 draftees?

5?

Are we assuming Dalgleish gets a new number?

EDIT: Rayner, forgot he counts as a draftee.

Last year they did them right before the 3rd list lodgement... And the Delisted Free Agency Period closes this coming Tuesday. We'll know within the week I believe.

Chappy has #3
It's currently one of footy's worst kept secrets but it hasn't been officially confirmed yet. I'm more keen on finding out Shaun and Kurt's numbers really seeing as Chappy's is pretty clear.

Essendon_FC have the club though about putting Zach Merrett in #19 next to Jackson?

Hey big thanks for taking the time to get on board with us bombers here on bigfooty.

Over the last 2 years i've taken a bit of an interest in Richmond's official podcast, talking tigers, and despite being an avid bomber I am a regular listener just because it is actually quite entertaining, anyway to get to the point, any hope of seeing an Essendon podcast with an old champ on board? If we could get Lloydy along for a bit of light hearted bomber banter in addition to 1 or 2 of the generally unknown staffers the way Richmond does I'd be stoked.

Hey big thanks for taking the time to get on board with us bombers here on bigfooty.

Over the last 2 years i've taken a bit of an interest in Richmond's official podcast, talking tigers, and despite being an avid bomber I am a regular listener just because it is actually quite entertaining, anyway to get to the point, any hope of seeing an Essendon podcast with an old champ on board? If we could get Lloydy along for a bit of light hearted bomber banter in addition to 1 or 2 of the generally unknown staffers the way Richmond does I'd be stoked.

Hi Brew,

Really good observation and something internally that we are looking at. We thought about turning The Hangar into a type of podcast with cut up sections and a bit of commentary around it. We are certainly looking into something at the moment that might come to life early next year - but you are completely right - the talent is crucial to it's success. We've got a few ideas for talent, rest assured it is on our radar!

Essendon Insider

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon_FC I meant you email the EFC listens account but never got around to it?

Why have we got these blue training singlets, and then on that black t-shirts we have the blue adidas stripes instead of red? Why are we using these completely different colours? Especially on the black t-shirts, surely red would be better?

I like the blue fwiw...

Reckon it looks awesome to switch up the training gear with different fluro colours year to year
Not for the adidas lines on the black t-shirt though. That makes our colours look like black and blue. Out of all the clubs I reckon we are most proud of our colours.

Essendon_FC

We've just set up a specific sub-board for the VFL side, here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/essendon-vfl.404/

I've had some communication with people at the club about this, but basically one of our aims is to help increase the profile of the VFL side through giving it its own space on here. The overwhelming sentiment, compared to pre-2013, seems to be that people have much more interest in the side since it became officially 'Essendon' and since they started playing all of their home games at Windy Hill.

Hopefully this will assist in publicising the side, besides giving them the coverage they deserve as an arm of EFC.

Essendon_FC

I'm an overseas member that has recently been struggling to contact the club as the membership@essendonfc.com.au & generalenquiries@essendonfc.com.au email addresses are both bouncing back as 'recipient failed permanently'.

Are these email addresses now defunct, and is there a new, preferred method of online communications with the club? I have renewed my membership online but am trying to contact the club regarding Flight Plan.

If you're hoping that Essendon_FC is going to use this thread to keep the football public updated on every step involving the ASADA investigation, you will be disappointed.

The same people asking these questions would not be impressed if the club used this medium over the website or traditional media to commentate on this topic. This thread won't provide you with a running commentary from the club, which is what we all would expect from them.

Essendon_FC Welcome to BigFooty, I think it's great that you have done this.

Regarding the Father-Son Rule and Draft Sanctions, if a club bids a first/second rounder on Jake Long, are we eligible to match it with our third rounder?

Good question Ashton, I'm searching out a response for this. Hopefully will have one soon, I'll let you know.

Essendon Insider

Any update on this one Essendon_FC?

Obviously with Michael a club legend and Jake a part of the James Hird Academy, this is one that's very important for fans.

Essendon_FC

We've just set up a specific sub-board for the VFL side, here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/essendon-vfl.404/

I've had some communication with people at the club about this, but basically one of our aims is to help increase the profile of the VFL side through giving it its own space on here. The overwhelming sentiment, compared to pre-2013, seems to be that people have much more interest in the side since it became officially 'Essendon' and since they started playing all of their home games at Windy Hill.

Hopefully this will assist in publicising the side, besides giving them the coverage they deserve as an arm of EFC.

Hi Doss,

This is a terrific initiative and hopefully our supporters seeing the gradual rise of coverage of the VFL on social media (http://www.facebook.com/EssendonVFL & essendonfc) / on EFC.com.au. We acknowledge it had to improve from 2012 and we allocated greater resources to the VFL in 2013. I'll keep an eye on that forum and see if any trends emerge ahead of the season - but please feel free to pop down any ideas that I might miss in this thread and I'm more than happy to raise it in planning.

Essendon Insider

Essendon_FC

I'm an overseas member that has recently been struggling to contact the club as the membership@essendonfc.com.au & generalenquiries@essendonfc.com.au email addresses are both bouncing back as 'recipient failed permanently'.

Are these email addresses now defunct, and is there a new, preferred method of online communications with the club? I have renewed my membership online but am trying to contact the club regarding Flight Plan.

Hi Giggidy Giggidy,

Those emails both seem be working fine, I've just double checked them...that's strange - you can always contact theinsider@essendonfc.com.au and I will direct your email to the right department.

If for some reason that fails, let me know and I'll seek out another means. If you have Twitter, you can contact the membership team basically 24/7 on EFC_Membership.

Essendon Insider

Remove this Banner Ad

Back