Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone want to have a crack at the ladder?
Barton
Leading goal kicker

Last edited:

Redcliffe 70-80 goals
Leitch for the Barton
Beechworth
Kiewa
Chiltern
Yack
Mitta
Barny
Thu
Tall
Ded
Ruth
Saints
Wah

Chiltern
Beechworth
Kiewa
Barny
Yack
Thurgoona
Tallangatta
Mitta
Dederang
Rutherglen
Saints
Wahgunyah

Barton either Meyer (chiltern) spencer (tall) or harrington/Kable (dederang)

Goalkicking Middleton (beech) 70+goals

Beechworth to me are the team to beat. They've added some quality recruits.

Kiewa Sandy Creek have been quiet on the recruitment front.

Chiltern will be up there.

Thurgoona may be be in a little strife. Kade Brown, Todd Miller and Zac Gibbons haven't attended a single training session and there's talk they may not return this year. Coach not in the good books with certain players there.

Thurgoona may be be in a little strife. Kade Brown, Todd Miller and Zac Gibbons haven't attended a single training session and there's talk they may not return this year. Coach not in the good books with certain players there.
Brown never starts footy before Cricket is finished

What going on with their coach ?

Still think chiltern is the team to beat

Kiewa and beech are probably a top ruckman away from winning it

Barny and yack could surprise with a few results against those 3

Who coaches Thurgoona?

Who coaches Thurgoona?
Daniel Cleary, former player, played in a few reserves premierships there. He’s a great coach and decent guy, Dazzle has his knickers in a knot by the sounds of it. If you’re banking on a bunch of 35 year olds getting to training then you’re in trouble to begin with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Cleary, former player, played in a few reserves premierships there. He’s a great coach and decent guy, Dazzle has his knickers in a knot by the sounds of it. If you’re banking on a bunch of 35 year olds getting to training then you’re in trouble to begin with.

Im sure he's a great coach at reserve level. Thurgoona have missed out on finals both times he's coached in the seniors. So as it stands at senior level he'scoaching is questionable.

That can certainly change this year even though they've barely recruited.

Still think chiltern is the team to beat

Kiewa and beech are probably a top ruckman away from winning it

Barny and yack could surprise with a few results against those 3
Knowing Holmes, he'll have them fit and firing for round . I reckon there is a bit of sour taste in the mouths of the players with how disappointing they finished the year.

They've certainly got the talent. If Leitch can pull his head in then yes they can definitely trouble teams in finals.

Mitta with a couple of late signings. Have they got a ruckman? Think they are right in the top 5 mix now

The rain wont mean much to the grounds considering breeze & weather over the next few days, hopefully they all get a mow & new lines. The season has crept up really.

Hawks
Swans
Dogs
Tiges
Bombers
Mountain Men

I'll get the 6 round 1.

The rain wont mean much to the grounds considering breeze & weather over the next few days, hopefully they all get a mow & new lines. The season has crept up really.

Hawks
Swans
Dogs
Tiges
Bombers
Mountain Men

I'll get the 6 round 1.
Hawks
Beechworth
Yack
Tigers
Dedernag
Mitta

6/6 let’s review Sunday and see who got the 6

Hawks
Beechworth
Yack
Tigers
Dedernag
Mitta

6/6 let’s review Sunday and see who got the 6
6 from 6 elitecool

Some intresting results the one that stands out is that thumping from Yack over Thurgoona I thought that was a 50/50 game.

Chiltern missing a handful will be there abouts when the whip is cracking not reading to much into that one

All other results went as expected across round 1

6 from 6 elitecool

Some intresting results the one that stands out is that thumping from Yack over Thurgoona I thought that was a 50/50 game.

Chiltern missing a handful will be there abouts when the whip is cracking not reading to much into that one

All other results went as expected across round 1
It's not Sunday, well done on the 6 👍
Yack appear to have put some serious work in after their lacklustre 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back