Taylor Walker's dangerous tackle on Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

there is always potential for serious injury in AFL.

on your logic, one of Murphy or Dangerfield should have been suspended because their actions, indeed hurt someone and doing that again, could hurt someone even more.

duty of care, I guess.

I accept that injury is part of the game, but deliberate acts that multiply the chance of a more serious injury (brain/spinal/etc) need to be eliminated.

How many weeks?
This bloke is a loose cannon. Shocking today, not the first time hes been in trouble for te tackle and sliding also. And was waching the game against the roos and he was playing like a little dog. Kicked a player when he was on the ground and threw another player into a post.
Pathetic

No it didn't, Morris' shoulder hit the ground. His head didn't. No high contact at all, not even contact with the ground. Didn't pin Morris' arms. Absolutely no impact. No case to answer.

Peter Burgoyne twice got weeks for spear tackles where there was no high contact, no head contact with the ground, no pinned arms, no injury to the player at all. You can repeat these things ad nauseum all you like but chances are, Walker will get points/weeks for this.

I accept that injury is part of the game, but deliberate acts that multiply the chance of a more serious injury (brain/spinal/etc) need to be eliminated.
Unless of course, the MRP ****s up and misses it. In that case it should be let go, nobody should point out that they have missed an obvious one.

Peter Burgoyne twice got weeks for spear tackles where there was no high contact, no head contact with the ground, no pinned arms, no injury to the player at all. You can repeat these things ad nauseum all you like but chances are, Walker will get points/weeks for this.

Macca, Peter picked a player up and turned him on his head, like a spear tackle in the NRL.

to suggest it is even close to what Walker did is card worthy :D

spear_2407.jpg

"Franklin did not have both of Stewart's arms pinned in his tackle and took his opponent to the ground in one continuous motion," the panel said.
"It was the view of the panel the tackle was not unreasonable in the circumstances and Stewart was not driven into the ground with excessive force."

if Walker goes, this statement is a joke.

Walker's is a second movement, not a continuous motion. That won't help. And if you think that the tiger's player wasn't dumped on his head, you need your eyes checked. Concussion isn't the issue here, it's the potential for neck/ spinal injury

yeah. heaps different. ;)

saved by the shoulder :thumbsu:

You're not really helping your case by posting this, but thanks. Clearly shows the difference between the two tackles. Your boy is gone.

Walker's is a second movement, not a continuous motion. That won't help. And if you think that the tiger's player wasn't dumped on his head, you need your eyes checked. Concussion isn't the issue here, it's the potential for neck/ spinal injury

You're not really helping your case by posting this, but thanks. Clearly shows the difference between the two tackles. Your boy is gone.

yes, potential, not actual

as was the case with Franklin.

stay in school :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes, potential, not actual

as was the case with Franklin.

stay in school :thumbsu:

Potential, yes. You'll find that a lot of head on bumps which have been reported and punished resulted in little or no injury to the player. Yet the potential for serious neck injury is high and players are reported and suspended on this basis. I know the AFL bang on about 'protecting the head', but in many cases it's the neck that they are protecting.

he should at least get a week just for being so stupid to think that dumping Morris into the ground was necessary.

it looks bad + everyone is talking about it so he'll get weeks.

The fact he won the free kick is irrelevant.

Umpire made the right decision on holding the ball. His mistake was to not reverse the free after texy boy went too far.

I know its hard to be impartial when it comes to your own sides players, but surely crow fans wouldnt like to see dangerfield or sloane be "tackled" like that?

The fact he won the free kick is irrelevant.

Umpire made the right decision on holding the ball. His mistake was to not reverse the free after texy boy went too far.

I know its hard to be impartial when it comes to your own sides players, but surely crow fans wouldnt like to see dangerfield or sloane be "tackled" like that?

Nothing to see here... Tex will be fine for next week against poort.

If cited it will the 3rd time for a similar offence this season. Not a real lot in it but I fear the MRP will make an example of him. I would tip 2 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back