Roast Telstra/IINET can get Stuffed

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I have had Bad Internet Speeds(tops out at about 1mbps on ADSL2) for 2 months and they said about a week or 2 ago they would come and fix not today.

But these Dozy Idiots who work for Telstra E-Mailed me at 5:04 and said they have to Re-Schedule and they be another ******* 9 ******* DAYS before they come and fix.

They Apologised for there Inconvenience. I want to tell them to stick the Apology up there Ass

Well - They changed there Mind and came this Afternoon.

Finally the Problem was Found. Where I plugged the internet in was Stuffed and Put it in a new one and works fine.

Get 10mbps now. Not as Quick as people closer into the City but Lot better then it was

So it was your fault then?

Was not My Fault.

I am not a Genius at Wiring and Stuff.

I am glad someone came in who knew about that Stuff and Found how to Fix It

If it was the wires in the wall then it is their fault. Ask for compensation, I would.

Espically we have a guy before to check the Problem and he did not find it

In an area where the NBN has been through but not available to me. In a bit of a dead area & quite a few clicks from the nearest tower.

Have heard people can get some internet using a Telstra dongle, don't know how good it is though.

Need some advice please.

Do I buy a Telstra Dongle?

Can I buy just any old dongle & buy "gigs"from telstra?

Better off getting a landline even though I'm at least 10km's from the exchange?

Can I buy some sort of aerial to boost the dongles capability?

Any other ideas?

All help greatly appreciated.

In an area where the NBN has been through but not available to me. In a bit of a dead area & quite a few clicks from the nearest tower.

Have heard people can get some internet using a Telstra dongle, don't know how good it is though.

Need some advice please.

Better off getting a landline even though I'm at least 10km's from the exchange?

Any other ideas?

Telstra dongle is a super rip off. Used it years ago and it chewed through the plan super fast.

Need some advice please.

Any other ideas?

Same here mate. I have no NBA and Limited Reception for Mobile Phones

Need some advice please.

Any other ideas?

Not sure if I'm allowed to link you to another forum or not so I'll just say that there's a well known forum named after a well known whitegoods manufacturer that would be better suited to asking a question such as this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is all tel comm wiring installed by Telstra supplied technicians or can any old sparky do it?

Not sure if I'm allowed to link you to another forum or not so I'll just say that there's a well known forum named after a well known whitegoods manufacturer that would be better suited to asking a question such as this one.

Obese Arachnid

maxresdefault.jpg

paul_newman.jpg

You can add Optus tech staff to that list.
Just got my internet back on.
Rang this morning to see what the problem was as didn't have internet or landline (yes still have a landline) working, as this had happened before went through the usual of disconnecting cables and power from modem, waited a few minutes then re-connect. Also went through the trouble shooting via Win 7. No internet.
Tech comes on and tells me to do the same thing again, try to tell him that I already did that and it is just not the internet as the phone not working too.
He comes back and tells me all things fine on his end, then asks me whether I have a spanner that will fit over the cable. Told him err no, not handy but if he is thinking about the pin in the cable it was long enough and not bent.
Asks me to hold on for a few minutes to do some more checks (30 mins on my mobile at this stage), comes back and then says, yep there is a problem at their end and should be fixed by tonight.
Why do they assume that you have no idea what to check after telling them exactly what you have done before ringing them, then they go through telling what to do as if they didn't hear you?

You can add Optus tech staff to that list.
Just got my internet back on.
Rang this morning to see what the problem was as didn't have internet or landline (yes still have a landline) working, as this had happened before went through the usual of disconnecting cables and power from modem, waited a few minutes then re-connect. Also went through the trouble shooting via Win 7. No internet.
Tech comes on and tells me to do the same thing again, try to tell him that I already did that and it is just not the internet as the phone not working too.
He comes back and tells me all things fine on his end, then asks me whether I have a spanner that will fit over the cable. Told him err no, not handy but if he is thinking about the pin in the cable it was long enough and not bent.
Asks me to hold on for a few minutes to do some more checks (30 mins on my mobile at this stage), comes back and then says, yep there is a problem at their end and should be fixed by tonight.
Why do they assume that you have no idea what to check after telling them exactly what you have done before ringing them, then they go through telling what to do as if they didn't hear you?

I think all Tech Staff/Support are all pretty Bad and 9 out of 10 are Indians:rolleyes:

Maybe their tech support is overseas like so many help/customer services in top organisations.

Then I hate that. Why be a Aussie Company just to Bloody Out Source to bloody India

Remove this Banner Ad

Back