yet another website ruined by old ugly wookie features

wookie where are you?

wookie where are you?

wookie where are you?

Last edited:
Channel 10 would only really be in a position to buy 1 or 2 games a round however. But if Seven are also keen on a 10yr deal, it could work. A 10 year deal also works if the AFL see the next TV Rights deal as the last "big one".

They've got Wallsy and Quarters in the cupboard ready to go.

Seriously though, even with Malcolm Turnbull heavily riding the brakes of technological progress, the digital media landscape is going to change significantly in the next 5-10 years. The AFL would be mad to commit for 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've got Wallsy and Quarters in the cupboard ready to go.

Seriously though, even with Malcolm Turnbull heavily riding the brakes of technological progress, the digital media landscape is going to change significantly in the next 5-10 years. The AFL would be mad to commit for 10 years.
I think this is why the AFL might prefer a 10yr deal. Lock the TV stations down for a substantial period of time for decent $$$

Obviously the AFL probably don't want the IPTV rights locked down for 10 years however (so maybe that part of the overall deal can be 5 years or something?)

Walls and Lane during Carlton games was unbearable, unless they were losing, then it was hilarious as they don't hold back with the cheap shots.

We had Wallsy and Tim in the box for our 30+ point last quarter comeback win vs Carlton in the 2009 Elim final. The rewatchablity is huge.

I think this is why the AFL might prefer a 10yr deal. Lock the TV stations down for a substantial period of time for decent $$$

Obviously the AFL probably don't want the IPTV rights locked down for 10 years however (so maybe that part of the overall deal can be 5 years or something?)
Who knows, but you would think that main telecast rights would go to a TV station, and then digital to be shared between Foxtel and Telstra with provisions for other IPTV or digital distribution channels.

Gotta admit I miss the days of Quarters, Michael Christian, Huddo and Tim Lane. Better than that crap that Brian Taylor and his cronies dish out on 7.

Wowee, bigboy, football factor call there. :p

Bring back the 5 minute warning!!

(I think I might be in the minority there)

I can't say I'm with you on that one. One of the most comforting things about watching footy on tv is knowing how long there is to go. I'd be for channel 10 showing footy again but without that would be preferred.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back