Toast Thanks Paddy!

Remove this Banner Ad

The night he tapped the ball to Robbie Gray nearly ended my following the Saints. I never been so angry after a football game ever. Took me a while before I started watching again.
Easily one of the best tap ruckman of the modern era. He gave me some great moments with the Saints and I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

Champion bloke and a gun player. I wish we'd drafted him. Never usually get as attached to players that didn't start with us but he is just a loveable guy and a great player. Absolute warrior.

Paddy made such a big impact at our club in such a short time.
Loved by both players and supporters it appears.

Hard to believe we were the only club he won a final with. What a shame we didn’t get him a few years earlier.

Thanks and good luck, Champ!
#ForeverASaint

Champion bloke and a gun player. I wish we'd drafted him. Never usually get as attached to players that didn't start with us but he is just a loveable guy and a great player. Absolute warrior.
Absolutely devastated I must admit. Hoped we’d get another year from him even if he only played 10-12 games. I had hoped that we’d increase our Indigenous playing group in the drafts and now with the elder Paddy gone and rumours suggesting Hill and Nas might ask for trades it leaves us lacking in an area that I was proud the club had invested time, resources and thought into.

I completely understand though. He needs to get on with his family life.

And I guess it makes some sense in football terms.

But it is f*kd.

Have always loved him as a player even when he played for that abomination of club that starts with E and his years at St.K have made me forgive him for that brilliant Robbie Gray tap :)

I feel there is so much to thank him for since his arrival—his work with Roma, his mentoring and ‘gathering’ of the Indigenous boys, his leadership and of course his immaculate skill and commitment to each contest.

Thanks Cuz, you were a beautiful footballer and are a beautiful man, a credit to your family and community. You have been a lighthouse in a decade of shitstorms for this club.

Good luck and stay strong.

C.

Hope the club keeps in touch with him.
So in future he considers himself a saints man.

Obv the bombers exploited him along with 30 other blokes.
Kind of rough ending at port just made redundant because a younger lycett wanted in and wanted the ruck role.

Only club Paddy won a Final at?
The mighty Saints!
That’s the biggest thing. I hope he considers the saints his home after he retires. Want him in saints colours in the stands. His kids going for us. Come back and coach us for the ruck.

Has a 32 y.o recruit ever been so embraced by the Saints.
Was coming for two, we got three.

Saints gave Paddy his only finals appearance ( I think, maybe at Port?).

Wished he had played for us his whole career.

Thanks Paddy I reckon you actually made a difference to our footy club.

Absolutely devastated I must admit. Hoped we’d get another year from him even if he only played 10-12 games. I had hoped that we’d increase our Indigenous playing group in the drafts and now with the elder Paddy gone and rumours suggesting Hill and Nas might ask for trades it leaves us lacking in an area that I was proud the club had invested time, resources and thought into.

I completely understand though. He needs to get on with his family life.

And I guess it makes some sense in football terms.

But it is f*kd.

Have always loved him as a player even when he played for that abomination of club that starts with E and his years at St.K have made me forgive him for that brilliant Robbie Gray tap :)

I feel there is so much to thank him for since his arrival—his work with Roma, his mentoring and ‘gathering’ of the Indigenous boys, his leadership and of course his immaculate skill and commitment to each contest.

Thanks Cuz, you were a beautiful footballer and are a beautiful man, a credit to your family and community. You have been a lighthouse in a decade of shitstorms for this club.

Good luck and stay strong.

C.

It feels like when Lenny and the golden generation guys retired. Feels real end of an era stuff even though he was barely with us. It's funny how some players are instantly embraced and others can play most of their career with us and no-one likes them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a 32 y.o recruit ever been so embraced by the Saints.
Was coming for two, we got three.

Saints gave Paddy his only finals appearance ( I think, maybe at Port?).

Wished he had played for us his whole career.

Thanks Paddy I reckon you actually made a difference to our footy club.
Played elim with port ‘17
Up by 4 points final siren.
Shuey goal after.

Bit of synchronicity with Paddy and Robbie Gray retiring together.
Will never forget THAT game 😳

One of my favourite players (as seems the case with quite a few of us)
Hasn't it been great to watch a bloke play the game with a genuine willingness to do his best at all times?
If he hasn't served as an inspiration to the rest of the list in some capacity, then these players need to go.
They had the chance to play with a warrior and a leader, surely it has to mean something (!?)
Wish the big fellah nothing but the best. Will always be a Saint in my eyes.
Love 'ya mate.

The Ryder/Gray game was the last time I ever worked during a Saints game. I was working retail, and was closing the store. I was checking scores on the AFL app. We were up with seconds to go, thought you beauty and put my phone away to get back to work. 30 seconds later my phone buzzed for the final score notification. I could not believe my eyes.

After that I always put myself in as unavailable during any games, just couldn't take the stress.

And with that our chances of playing finals next year are probably even longer odds than us playing in them this year 😩

Remove this Banner Ad

Back