FTA-TV The Americans

Remove this Banner Ad

The only complaint I have about it is that it is about as subtle as a sledgehammer. There are just some scenes and some plotlines where they really spell it out for you, which annoys me a bit. In particular, the relationship between the husband and the FBI agent just seems a little forced.

I enjoy the show though and hopefully it gets into a groove as the series moves forward. It's an interesting premise to work with and you'd think that there are plenty of directions it can go into.

solid episode, really solid

loved the interrogation angle
loved the mole
the kids meh, but it was cool, they are building it along nicely

I can see myself beginning to like the two leads esp re the interrogation ep which I strangely felt some feeling towards them.

Thats the biggest hurdle...trying to come to some empathy with what really are double crossing awfuls.

I do remember though the late 80's when these trysts came out in the media b/w spies...some of them were breath taking in their stupidity.

One thing that annoyed me in the latest episode was something I have never noticed before in any other show. The overdubs of sound effects (especially the eating at the end) was SO LOUD! Did anyone else notice that? Or was it the file I downloaded? Or am I crazy/petty?

I thought the episode was pretty good though. Shooting the KGB agent could either be a major plot point or they'll just sweep it under the carpet like I'm sure has been done in real life.

The relationship breakdown wasn't something I expected at the start of the series and it's adding some depth to the story and I'm starting to actually care about the characters a bit more. The kids are not annoying either (although the Homeland kids weren't annoying in the first season either ... )

In some ways I'm glad that the FBI partner died. I never really liked him and he seemed like a pretty broad stereotype of an cocky FBI agent. I kinda found the scenes looking back on his relationship with the other agent funny because they were so stupid.

Writing this post has made me realise that I can't remember any of the character's names yet ... except Granny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, definitely finished off on a great note too and I liked they didn't feel the need to have to do a cliffhanger like Paige finding something in the laundry or something like that.

Saw the pilot absolutely tanked on Ten last night. No surprise with quality programming such as The Voice and House Rules dominating the drones' attention.

Grantland had a decent pod with the showrunners about the first season. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=9235487

found this

8 part mini series which kinda looks identical, but actually based on a true story

and heres a teaser for season 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back