The Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

Line and length? Short ones, half volleys and junk on the pads it looked like.

Pack 'em Broad you c**t.

No doubt Harris has been our best. Still worried about picking him though. If he goes down in the first innings of a test, we then bowl Watson more, then that pea heart grabs his hammy and all of a sudden we're playing with 9 and bowling part timers first change.

Still think not bringing Starc as a lefty gives the attack too much similarity.

Poms seem to consider whether they're actually out or not. I can't quite figure out whether we review because we don't want to be out or whether it's based on how much of an idiot the batsman looks like at the time.

On the flipside, it might encourage Clarke to find his sack and bat higher than 5 because he won't have a review to waste by the time he gets in.

No way Watson should ever open again for Aus , should bat at 7-8 where all-rounders normally go. He is way overrated as a batsman and has done f**k all at test level for ages. My preference would be to f**k him off from the team , that's how little faith i have that he will come good . His constant pissing up the wall of reviews is destroying what little moral is left in that group ,am over him . What is even more concerning is a nation that has produced class batsmen nearly every generation has been reduced to this group of plodders who either don't understand what test cricket is all about , or just have no clue how to go about it. Our bowlers are doing an ok job ,only to see the top 6 collapse time and time again .

No way Watson should ever open again for Aus , should bat at 7-8 where all-rounders normally go. He is way overrated as a batsman and has done f**k all at test level for ages. My preference would be to f**k him off from the team , that's how little faith i have that he will come good . His constant pissing up the wall of reviews is destroying what little moral is left in that group ,am over him . What is even more concerning is a nation that has produced class batsmen nearly every generation has been reduced to this group of plodders who either don't understand what test cricket is all about , or just have no clue how to go about it. Our bowlers are doing an ok job ,only to see the top 6 collapse time and time again .
I'm similarly pissed off by Watson.

I can't stand watching him bowl/bat/field... everything is arduous. Even when he takes wickets.

...and to think he's pocketed around a lazy $5mill+ from his cricket career to date. 2 test centurys.

Agar should be dropped for the next match. Hasn't shown a heap when bowling as far as I have seen, and he's not in he team as a batsman.

He may be a good bowler in the future but right now he lacks control, consistency and the ability to impact the game. Lyon is much better on all fronts - no world beater, but he is a good solid spin bowler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentators have been pretty nice to him when I've been watching. Agar seems to have been mixing it up between trash on the pads and short, wide trash. Looks like he'll be decent if he sorts the accuracy out, but not up to scratch yet.

Not sure who else should be opening the batting. Should be an option to overrule a challenge though - batsman challenges, umpire looks to the player's box, captain and/or coach shake the head... pack 'em son!

Boof will need to be Merlin the magician to transform the batting into something resembling test match standard . No point complaining about dodgy descisions ,the sad truth is our batsmen have no idea how to play test cricket ,how to value their wickets , how to build a partnership . Watson ,Hughes ,Smith and Warner are all T-20 brainwashed , and as M.Holding said , will be a long time before we have test Quality batsmen coming through . Congats to the ACB ,you have overseen the demise of our once great team in the pursuit of money , when do you become accountable for this mess .

WTF get rid of this DRS rubbish Agar given out via DRS with nothing on hotspot, even the ump gave it not out... 3rd umpire is a massive flog

Hardly cost us though and our batting woes extend beyond a couple of poor umpiring calls. Watson has done almost nothing of note at test level. Used to at least make 70-80 before throwing things away, now struggles to notch 50. Hughes is looking shaky and Rogers hasn't set the world on fire either. I think it'll be a long time before we get a solid and consistent batting lineup together again.

Pattinson out for the rest of the series. Devastating blow to the side. He's been one of our best bats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back