The Cats would have been spanked by the last 7 Premiership Teams ...

Remove this Banner Ad

First how is the new Hawthorn club song "Lucy has diamonds in her eyes"

I reckon looking at that list of Grand Finals the 2000, 2001 and 2003 winners might have beaten Geelong the other four would have been beaten by Geelong.,

This debate is nice but silly for today was between two sides with Geelong smashing Port and the scary thing was I felt at times Geelong took the foot off the pedal.

125 point win in a Grand Final is nothing sort of outstanding.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds you idiot!

H2F, normally your posts are quality and i agree with them but today, you are a ********!
Stop trolling the cats, there is nothing to troll, that was simply the best GF performance i have seen. (even better than 90 gf).
The cats would have beaten EVERY previous GF winner on todays performance, the most dominant performance in a final EVER.
The power were outplayed and weren't allowed to play to their best, if there is ever a time to be humble and admire another teams performance the TODAY IS THE DAY!
i could not believe what i saw today, well done cats, a great year and a great finals performance.:thumbsu:

Maybe it has come across the wrong way as I am not trolling them. I expect them to mostly be out getting pissed. But listening to SEN and all their fans ringing up claiming the title as the best team of all time, is madness and disrespectful to the game.

They played in an extremely weak year, against a very ordinary opponent. Congratulations but STFU about best team until you win the next one at least. (Cats fans)

2000 vs Bombers - Bombers by 60 points
2001 vs Lions - Lions by 3 goals
2002 vs Lions - Lions by 3 goals
2003 vs Lions - Lions by 75 points
2004 vs Port - Port by 5 goals
2005 vs Swans - Swans by a goal
2006 vs Eagles - Eagles by 3 goals

So enjoy your win. But Best team of all time...

TURN IT UP :thumbsdown:

You plonker.

Geelong won and won well and deserve our praise. And I didn't want them to win.

There will be some hyperbole on a day like this. So what. Winners can please themselves.

People say alot of things when they are happy. Like I have said before H2f, I used to have respect for you but now I think I prefer fishbowl, or lion_gooner.

2000 vs Bombers - Bombers by 60 points
2001 vs Lions - Lions by 3 goals
2002 vs Lions - Lions by 3 goals
2003 vs Lions - Lions by 75 points
2004 vs Port - Port by 5 goals
2005 vs Swans - Swans by a goal
2006 vs Eagles - Eagles by 3 goals

So enjoy your win. But Best team of all time...

TURN IT UP :thumbsdown:

That shows how much of a poster he is. Right there.

Good post, but you are obviously not listening to SEN. Every idiot Geelong fan is calling up saying they are the best side of all time.

FFS, are you that much of an idiot? They are running on adrenalin, just saw their team win a GF after 44 years & thrashed the opposition, they have a right to go OTT & brag.

People say alot of things when they are happy. Like I have said before H2f, I used to have respect for you but now I think I prefer fishbowl, or lion_gooner.

H2F, as above, please no more posts because your reputation is eroding.
don't drop into the same class as lion_gooner, you have more to live for son!

Hawks supporters are so sad because they ran out of cash after all those flags where did the cash go. They have a reason to be upset "WHERE DID THE CASH GO" obviously not into the club

"CATS":)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Geelong.. Absolutely sensational performance, and it was a joy to watch. It looked out of place when Port even had the ball, such was your dominance.

Enjoy the moment. You deserve it :thumbsu:

Hawks supporters are so sad because they ran out of cash after all those flags where did the cash go. They have a reason to be upset "WHERE DID THE CASH GO" obviously not into the club

"CATS":)

Put it in perspective, Hawthorn has a 100% record against Geelong in 2007. Geelong has won one premiership in 44 years, Hawthorn has won eight. We had the record, you have the record.

dunno about best team ever coz i havent been watching footy that long, but they were just ruthless today - absolutley ferocious as a team... this has probably been my favourite GF win since brissy in 01. well deserved, fantastic team! hopefully my team can improve for next year.

Maybe it has come across the wrong way as I am not trolling them. I expect them to mostly be out getting pissed. But listening to SEN and all their fans ringing up claiming the title as the best team of all time, is madness and disrespectful to the game.

They played in an extremely weak year, against a very ordinary opponent. Congratulations but STFU about best team until you win the next one at least. (Cats fans)

I agree with some of the core of this argument and kudos to you for stating your mind. I think fans are getting carried away but the winners get the spoils and the bragging rights, after every flag for the last 7 years they have proclaimed the side where starting the next footy dynasty of which only the brions did. Let them get carried away yet the future will more then likely cut them down to size

Put it in perspective, Hawthorn has a 100% record against Geelong in 2007. Geelong has won one premiership in 44 years, Hawthorn has won eight. We had the record, you have the record.

Last GF win.

Geelong 2007>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dawks not this century. :D

That was the worst performance from a losing grand final football side since 1983

Statistically yes, but the Power were totally outclassed, and the times they tried to take the game on, they had no options further afield and turned it over as a result.

There is a difference between a pathetic performance and simply being outplayed, and because key players for port didn't give up, i would say that the latter was the case today despite the large margin.
Such was the dominance of Geelong, that PA couldn't event get their game plan going.

Statistically yes, but the Power were totally outclassed, and the times they tried to take the game on, they had no options further afield and turned it over as a result.

There is a difference between a pathetic performance and simply being outplayed, and because key players for port didn't give up, i would say that the latter was the case today despite the large margin.
Such was the dominance of Geelong, that PA couldn't event get their game plan going.

Port had no foward options. They have managed to manufacture fowards to kick winning scores in most games but today their make shift fowards were found out by a side with depth in defence. It would be totally disheartening to kick it into your foward 50 and have it came back twice as quick every time. Ports good players played really well (mostly midfielders.) Their make shift fowards and lack of true defenders showed out big time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back