Player Watch #23: Kane Lambert - Retired effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

does the other player have to give yarran a 2m head start or can he position himself defensively before the starters gun?

Take your pick, I don't think it really matters to be honest. He would torch everyone in our side anyway.

You can be positioned defensively but if you can't at least match your opponents first 5-10m you will still get torched.

Totally agree. Morris will be trailing Yarran by 5 meters minimum every time Yarran decides to run with the ball.

If I was in the box i would put Lids on Yarran. Basically expose Yarrans weakness. He is not that great in being defensive, he is all out attack. So put a weapon on him that A can keep up with him on the burst, and B will hurt him on the score board going the other way. Worst case scenario, Yarran leaves lids free and we have a real weapon who is quick, a great mark for his size and someone who can kick it a country mile. As Lids starts impacting the scoreboard, thats going to force Yarran to pull his head in imo.

On Menzel, I would put Vlaustin on him. Get him to beat him up, make him earn every single bloody possession. Vlaus can do that while not giving away silly free kicks. In a funny way, against carlton, it may work to our advantage having morris in the front half.

Take your pick, I don't think it really matters to be honest. He would torch everyone in our side anyway.

You can be positioned defensively but if you can't at least match your opponents first 5-10m you will still get torched.

i think it does matter to be honest

Great stuff for Lambert. He's worked hard to get his chance and now has the chance to prove all his doubters wrong.

Hope Arnot can take this in his stride and keep improving his game. I like him and would love to see him get a spot on the list. If this helps make him a better player, then all the better for it.

For those complaining that Morris will get torched by yarran, I'd like you to list me another player in our 22 that would catch him?

Pretty unfair criticism considering everyone else would get torched too..

Lids, that's it, and before anyone says no, he gave him a 2-3 metre headstart in the elim final and ran him down. Yarran had a look when he took off, tucked the ball under the arm and took him on, Lids got him. Was great to see

If I was in the box i would put Lids on Yarran. Basically expose Yarrans weakness. He is not that great in being defensive, he is all out attack. So put a weapon on him that A can keep up with him on the burst, and B will hurt him on the score board going the other way. Worst case scenario, Yarran leaves lids free and we have a real weapon who is quick, a great mark for his size and someone who can kick it a country mile. As Lids starts impacting the scoreboard, thats going to force Yarran to pull his head in imo.

On Menzel, I would put Vlaustin on him. Get him to beat him up, make him earn every single bloody possession. Vlaus can do that while not giving away silly free kicks. In a funny way, against carlton, it may work to our advantage having morris in the front half.
I agree regarding playing Lids at HFF and on yarran - He will hurt yarran the other way but lids is not a defending type player so the chances are they will both run free

I would play Grimes on Menzel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind a hungry soul. As for 1st round I wouldn't mind a bit of hunger to bite. Then again if the club thinks he's starving...

Don't think Lambert will be in for round 1. I reckon Lloyd or Morris will get the small forward spot, and Lambert will be emergency.

Lloyd has to play. It's about time a small forward for us reamed Carlton instead of the other way around.

Which is why the first time you get a chance to grab him, you bury him into the ground, preferably legally and see how he goes knowing whenever he gets near it he's going to cop physical punishment. Yarran loves playing by himself and is dangerous when allowed to do so. I have no problem with Morris going to him, punching him in the ribs every 15 seconds, just to get him off his game. Yarran is all in the head, he doesn't want to work hard, he wants to have it easy.

But long term, prefer Morris down back...

Haven't seen this posted else where so thought I would. Thought young kane was a quality pick up & I had a high level of optimism in thinking he would flourish in a professional environment. I still do, I also still think he's a great guy and this video has supported my original opinion of him. He's still very thankful for his opportunity & doing everything he can to get back to playing. You can see how excited he is about getting back on the park. I still think he can be a solid contributor...Enjoy (If you haven't already)

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-06-10/kane-keen-to-return

Haven't seen this posted else where so thought I would. Thought young kane was a quality pick up & I had a high level of optimism in thinking he would flourish in a professional environment. I still do, I also still think he's a great guy and this video has supported my original opinion of him. He's still very thankful for his opportunity & doing everything he can to get back to playing. You can see how excited he is about getting back on the park. I still think he can be a solid contributor...Enjoy (If you haven't already)

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-06-10/kane-keen-to-return
Hope so! Looks like he can become a solid contributor. Comments suggest an above average return in the VFL yesterday. If he is fit enough he should come in this week.

Go Kane Lambert. Stay fit and show you belong. Like others here i think he can make a decent contribution with a clear run at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back