Player Watch #23: Kane Lambert - Retired effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

There needs to be a turf wall. And I'm pretty certain that the Church of Lambert will destroy the heretic cult.

Make sure the numbers are even, I wouldn't want to see a Lamb_ert to the slaughter.....(thankyou very much, Elvis has left the building)....

I really didn't know much about Lambert before Saturday night, but he did enough to impress me. I'd be happy to see him elevated.

On Thomas, I agree he did well last year for a rookie elevation, and he is a much better player than most VFL players, but he was also one of the reasons we got cut up by quick transition at the start of last year.

Haven't seen the game but most reports painting a positive picture of Saint Lambert. I don't know what it is about him (maybe the Miles' effect in the back of my mind) but I just reckon he's going to be a great pickup for us (I could be wrong - I said the same thing about Gourdis lol).

I think being a star at VFL level and being overlooked a few times will make him hungry to succeed. I think Miles even said after the game that Lambert was impressing in the training games too.

That being said, Arnot seemed to have a decent game too so could be a great battle between those 2 (or maybe a bolter like Costagna) for the elevation. They know the prize is their for the taking, up to whoever wants it most and performs best. The winner here will be RFC :thumbsu:

I am a believer and I hope that Lambert will become an important best 22 player.

I believe he has all the attributed in becoming a top tier player and from what I heard from him he is an exemplary character to have in the club.

I am a Lambertite.

*I'm allowed to believe in Cotchinology and The Church of Lambert right?
The Church of Trent Cotchin of Rookie Kane Lambert

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you need an example of brave try crossing the street in Hanoi about 1600 hrs.

Richmond players should do 100 x 10 metre sprints across the road; if they survive, getting the ball at the bottom of a pack will seem childs play

These are the types of players we should be going for with our rookie list. It's just shows that we now have sufficient enough depth we can change our philosophy from using the rookie's as top up/injury players to now trying to unearth a player or 2

Always amazes me how afl clubs dont take more risks on state league players, there are many players in the vfl that could make the jump to afl level, very happy we were one club to have a look and with lambert it will turn out to be a successful pick

I don't think the recruiters picked him up wanting a mature age body in the VFL though...

Like you said, he's a quality player.
I am sure when we picked up Miles we had higher hopes than him playing in the VFL but what level of football did he start at?

Hey flaps ....This is all the funnier when I imagine KB's voice saying it...

"I'll show you tiger mongrel, you gherkin!" - KB. :D

The only conceivable reason Thomas was elevated before Miles and is being spoke up by Dimma is that he has been promised two years of rookie elevation .
Pre season form over the last couple of years hasn't led to being picked early in the year .
Arnott , Ellis and Ehite were all good in the 2012 pre season . Arnott and White were almost no shows whilst from memory Ellis was played out of position round 1 before being dropped and then made sub for quite a while .
Likewise last year Miles was extremely good and from memory so was Elton at punt road yet Vickery who has always been poor pre season and Thomas got the nod .
Let's hope the club has learnt that pre season form does count before round 10 this year. .
Vickery was our leading Goal kicker in pre season last year..... his 1st bad game was rd 1.....

Vickery was our leading Goal kicker in pre season last year..... his 1st bad game was rd 1.....

That's interesting, hopefully this year he can translate it to good form during the season proper....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back