The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I admit I was a little surprised by the win as I thought it may be bridge too far given India's form and home ground advantage. I did post earlier that we had the artillery to chase down a reasonable score. Once Kohli went, I was pretty confident of the outcome.

How sweet is it? Beating India at home in-front of 120,000 hostile fans, after them going 10-0 in the lead up.

Who doesn't love Head? Fantastic knock!

Went to bed when we were 3 fa, looking pretty shaky, great fight back.

Apparently India didn't hang around for the trophy ceremony. Pretty piss poor.
I am man enough to admit that when Travis first made the National side, I was not a fan. I thought he was not good enough. Well, I am a fan now.

Oh, and I am too old to love Head.

Have to tip your hat to McDonald and Cummins. A bloody long year for the side, the press has been unforgiving both here and abroad. The year had 4 goals - none of them easy. Win a test series in India - something great captains with great sides over the decades could never do, win the test championship, retain the Ashes in England and win the World Cup in India. 3 out of 4 ain't bloody bad.

I have a feeling Mark Waugh has done that before, but not 100% sure.
Someone else had done it before. I think it was an English player. I remember a footnote in one of my numerous ABC cricket books. All I have to do is find it.

Is that a record?

Travis Head gets a pair of Golden Ducks in the same match.

Nope … but ”That’s ****ed his average Tony!”

Great Test Match. We were beaten by S.Joseph. What a performance.

Sad to see Pakistani great Imran Khan head off to jail for 10 years. Given the state of Pakistani politics it is difficult to know if there was really any issue or if he really did something wrong. I am convinced, though, that he entered politics to do the right thing. God only knows if he succeeded in any of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see Pakistani great Imran Khan head off to jail for 10 years. Given the state of Pakistani politics it is difficult to know if there was really any issue or if he really did something wrong. I am convinced, though, that he entered politics to do the right thing. God only knows if he succeeded in any of that.
A greater Pakistani cricketer I have never seen. I’m convinced that it’s political but what can we do about it.

Will Pucovski suffers another concussion and is substituted out of the game. Just running back into form after a ton last week. I have never seen someone who so consistently gets struck on the helmet. Bowlers will continue to target him with short balls.

Probably should retire from the game now. He needs to take care of himself for the sake of his future. Don't want to see another Hughes.

Will Pucovski suffers another concussion and is substituted out of the game. Just running back into form after a ton last week. I have never seen someone who so consistently gets struck on the helmet. Bowlers will continue to target him with short balls.

Probably should retire from the game now. He needs to take care of himself for the sake of his future. Don't want to see another Hughes.
This one was a real worry . Turned his head and wore it .
Ball after he comfortable left outside off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back