The foodies thread 🦞🍤🍕🥞

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I'm more of an original fried chicken (dip in their salt, pepper and msg concoction) kinda guy.

I'll probably hit up before our first round match. Should organise a bigfooty Blues pregame feed at gami.

Btw if you live in the glen waverly area you can find hite (gami house beer) at most of the Asian grocers. From memory a slabs pretty cheap....

Btw sublime do you drink shoju?

Anyway back to food places.

Also if anyone is in mordi try tommy ruff fish bar on main st. Nice causal diner. Soft shell crab burger good. But I rate the grilled fish and Spanish salad.

If you're in Springvale and looking for pho try pho dakao, pho hung vuong, pho Chule, there is also another restaurant next to hoa tran that's worth a try.

If your in Breside look out for Ivan's pies. Nice pie house in the industrial area. Beautiful buttery short pastry with amazing fillings. Try the chilli cheese pies.

Last edited:
Been wanting to go to Vue De Monde for years. Could never really justify the expense, but finally this year I made a booking for my 10 year wedding anniv.

Then work tells me they need me to travel to Syd for the day (I work some weekends). But as a compromise, work is going to fly up Mrs Ferris and put us up in a hotel for the night. Nice.

I'm not that cluey on the Syd restaurant scene. I wanted something over the top (read: possibly cliched) like Quay and Tetsuya's but were they booked out.

So, to cut a long story short, I booked a table at Est. Anyone been? Menu / reviews seem to suggest it should be a really nice experience.

Day Trip and Food
Giant Steps Innocent Bystander Winery in Healesville. Food and wine are good and cheap. It also has a decent range of coffee and cakes. Nice lunch spot before Healesville Sanctuary. (Also next door to White Rabbit brewers....).

If you're heading back from Buller during snow season. The Commercial Hotel in Alexandria is an institution for their parma.

Fried Chicken Places
Gami, three locations in the city (Lt Lonsdale - near trunk, Healeys Ln, and King St) Korean Fried Chicken and house beer (Hite), best thing on Friday after work.

Rockwell and son, Smith Street, Collingwood, Wednesday only. Southern style Fried Chicken with Biscuits and slaw

Sandwiches
Parlour Diner, Windsor, Pulled Pork burger

Po'boy, Smith St, Collingwood, Po' boy sandwich - try the catfish or pulled pork. (also in the area Huxtaburger)
Giant Steps cheap? Compared to what, Fat Duck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ughhh I'm so jealous!

St Kilda is the PITS for food during work hours.

North end of Lygon st has come along way in the last 3 years. Absolutely spoilt for choice. Sydney Rd, Brunswick doesn't suck either.:thumbsu:

Question time.

How many people take their own lunch to work most days? Or do you just buy it?

When I worked on Collins St I bought lunch literally everyday, either from the food court or we'd go for a walk to one of the million restaurants nearby.
Now I probably buy lunch twice a week (from the Hotel's restaurant) and bring something the other 3 days. I'm just too ******* lazy to bring something everyday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back